test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Captain Ahmed

Jan Oblak

Started by Captain Ahmed,

144 posts in this topic

Spend peanuts, get monkey's! Need to pay top dollar if you want top players. If we buy butland now for 30 mill we'll be buying the next top keeper in no time and trying to make a few quid on Butland. Just buy to strengthen the club and stop signing short term solutions 

Vesper, Cosmin and Unionjack like this

We are not paying this money for sure. This is just to distract everyone from Butland and hope they can sell for less money...

We were prepared to pay the Alisson fee reportedly to sign him but he wanted Liverpool. If this is true then perhaps the links to Kepa and Oblak aren't as far-fetched. We will be recouping a fair chunk of their fee by selling Courtois.

In my opinion if we can pull off a deal like this then make it happen. As much as most of us don't like him, Courtois is one of the world's elite keepers and losing him means losing one of our 'world class' players. Those types of players need replacing properly. We've been blessed with Cech and then Courtois for the best part of 15 years.

However IF something like this isn't possible or the club isn't prepared to pay such a fee, then I hope we don't go for a middle tier goalkeeper for big money. Someone like Schmeichel I could see costing the best part of £50m as it is which would be disastrous as we'd be committed to making him work then given the price just like we have before with the likes of Torres and Morata. 

59 minutes ago, Marvin123 said:

I agree we do the smokescreen very often but not sure who is this time 😂

Looking like Kepa, Butlands links have gone quiet today while Kepa's are doing the opposite.

7 hours ago, Henrique said:

Oblak is average as you like. You dont buy a GK that cant save penalties.

:lol:

Mate just because we played penalties against Inter, Lyon and Arsenal in preseason, it doesnt mean we will play penalties every game this season.

And even then, Oblak is more than decent on penalties. I guess having world class reflexes, shot stopping ability and catching the balls instead of blasting it out means absolutely zero to you.

yuvala likes this

On 07/08/2018 at 9:37 AM, Special Juan said:

Oblak is exactly who we should be targeting, I very much doubt we are though.

We did, we met his release clause, he declined, but I am so happy with Kepa.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6052121/Jan-Oblak-rejected-Chelsea-club-met-89m-release-clause.html

Oblak's release clause is now going to be increased from €100m to €250m in his new contract.

https://www.intothecalderon.com/2018/8/12/17680376/report-oblaks-release-clause-to-be-increased-to-quarter-of-a-billion-chelsea-rejected-transfer

Unionjack likes this

8 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Load of bollocks.

What, that we offered €100m for a keeper as in that's too much for him (it isn't), or are you saying it didn't happen because it did happen at all? Atletico Madrid said it did and now they reward Oblak with new contract and increase RC to quarter of a billion euros.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

What, that we offered €100m for a keeper as in that's too much for him (it isn't), or are you saying it didn't happen because it did happen at all? Atletico Madrid said it did and now they reward Oblak with new contract and increase RC to quarter of a billion euros.

Find it hard to believe we made an offer and no one knew about it. The only source reporting it is daily mail and they arent a source at all.

On 07/08/2018 at 10:19 AM, Dingus said:

Imagine paying £89m for Oblak when you could have paid less than that for Alisson.

Oblak and Kepa are both better than Alisson. Who is a damn good keeper as well. We are in great shape at keeper for next 7 years plus.

Unionjack likes this

23 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Find it hard to believe we made an offer and no one knew about it. The only source reporting it is daily mail and they arent a source at all.

We made bids for Kepa 2+ weeks ago and noone knew about it until a few days before he signed. Daily Mail is a fine source nowadays.