test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Captain Ahmed

Jan Oblak

Started by Captain Ahmed,

144 posts in this topic

The board aren't going to trigger his clause with 3 days left to go. Butland seems like a signing the board would push for

the wes likes this

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

The board aren't going to trigger his clause with 3 days left to go. Butland seems like a signing the board would push for

I agree , can't see it happening - nice to dream about something positive after today though lol. I will dream until Butland is confirmed :P

LAM09 and BluesMadLad like this

I'd take him in a heartbeat. He has mad reflexes. 

I'm waiting for the F'ing butland announcement though...:(

19 minutes ago, BlueStorm1003 said:

I'd take him in a heartbeat. He has mad reflexes. 

I'm waiting for the F'ing butland announcement though...:(

yeh as much as want Oblak or Kepa, we all know what is coming....

Sideshow Luiz likes this

Whoever we get will just show the direction the club is heading, think we're all expecting a Butland or similar, lets hope we're wrong... it's going to be an interesting last couple of days.

Sideshow Luiz likes this

We wouldn't pay out 100 me for anyone

But I saw a link to a guy called Kepa today. Gotta say the kid looks great. We bought big nose when he was a similar age and from all Ive read and seen vids and his fans quotes this lad is the potential best in the world.

Its worth spending a few quid when you know you've bought class.

1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

This is so not going to happen.  Why would he even want to come here anyway?

Exactly. Why on Earth would he swap sunny Spain with garunteed CL football for the smog filled City of London garunteeong Europa League trips on a Thursday night. Nobody is that dumb. 

Its a long shot, but if the club was tiny bit ambitious, we would at least bid heavily for him. 

Tibo isnt perfect, but only way we dont downgrade is to get Oblak as replacement. Everyone else is clearly not as good as Tibo/Oblak.

We spent 60m so far, I hardly hardly believe we dont have at least 60m available. Plus whatever Tibo sale would bring. Oblak isnt impossible at all when it comes to cash, but

1.) Would he want to come

2.) Can board even identify him as best option and be brave and bold to bid 

15 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Its a long shot, but if the club was tiny bit ambitious, we would at least bid heavily for him. 

Tibo isnt perfect, but only way we dont downgrade is to get Oblak as replacement. Everyone else is clearly not as good as Tibo/Oblak.

We spent 60m so far, I hardly hardly believe we dont have at least 60m available. Plus whatever Tibo sale would bring. Oblak isnt impossible at all when it comes to cash, but

1.) Would he want to come

2.) Can board even identify him as best option and be brave and bold to bid 

1)  No

2)  Yes/no

Unfortunately

Should the club spend 60m on a GK though? In the short time left in the window, would prefer strengthening elsewhere and signing a stop-gap keeper

Just now, Strike said:

Should the club spend 60m on a GK though? In the short time left in the window, would prefer strengthening elsewhere and signing a stop-gap keeper

Get Fekir, Bailey or Martial and play Green or Cabalero in between the sticks?

My heart says no and my head says no also.

Just now, DDA said:

Get Fekir, Bailey or Martial and play Green or Cabalero in between the sticks?

My heart says no and my head says no also.

Not Green or Caballero. Someone like Schmeichel, Kepa, Cillessen, Areola, Butland, Navas, Yann Sommer. The best one available. If they are in good form, it won't be a massive difference from Courtois last season tbh. 

Unionjack, kellzfresh, DDA and 1 other like this

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Not Green or Caballero. Someone like Schmeichel, Kepa, Cillessen, Areola, Butland, Navas, Yann Sommer. The best one available. If they are in good form, it won't be a massive difference from Courtois last season tbh. 

The issue is that the so called best available ones wouldnt come in cheap ... because the clubs know that we are fucked already. 

It seems that some fans and even the club are slightly disconnected from the reality of today's market. No one will come in cheap at Chelsea. Or maybe it will, if by cheap you mean anything between 30m and 50m. This league is getting huge revenues, specially the first 6-7 clubs and everyone knows it. Now with the window closing earlier the pressure is even bigger for Chelsea, City, United, Liverpool, Spurs or Arsenal.They need players, they are rich and everyone else knows they're rich. So basically everyone will try sqeezing fees as big as possible when dealing with these clubs. No one will sell you cheap players. If we are not willing to adapt to that, we will stop being successful. Simple as. 

From where I'm standing, I say sell Courtois and buy a good goalkeeper. Not a decent one, but a good one. Very few Chelsea supporters can say that they loved Courtois. He's not really a likeable dude, he didn't kiss the badge, he didn't pledge eternal faith to the blue colour, but he was a good goalkeeper for us. He's not been great, but he's been good. And if we think that it will be easy finding a replacement, I think we're wrong. Finding a good goalkeeper nowadays is difficult, just look at how much City struggled before Ederson. 

And by the way, I think we should be looking for someone like Ederson. Why does it always feel like this club's transfer policy is dictated by Twitter? We always go for the obvious options, exactly those options that the Twitter experts learn about while playing FIFA. I really wish we would go for the less obvious choices for once. Why can't we find an Ederson of our own? I keep asking myself that. There are so many good teams in Europe, others than those in Serie A (a league which we seem to have an obsession with lately) that could offer decent options. Belgium, Portugal, Croatia, France, even Russia are all great markets but it seems that we are only sending scouters in Italy. 

This club's making life very difficult for itself, in my opinion. Health, sustainable, long term success will only be a dream if we keep going like this. 

But I'm no expert neither in money or football management. There might be plenty of things that I'm or we're not aware of, but this is how it feels. The transfer policy has been a mess for the last few seasons.