• Batshuayi (sub)

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, cosmicway said:

With the exception of Kante they kept all their players.
Yet they are poor, reminds of Ipswich of 1963, another ghost team that came from nowhere to win the league.
I don't fancy they can outplay us like last year so it will take some bad luck to miss the three points.

Poor or not, if we play against them as how City played against them or how we played against Spurs they will f#ck us.

1 minute ago, communicate said:

Don't worry there aren't many teams in the league that press the way spurs press

Liverpool comes close?

But Spurs surely got a better squad than Liverpool. Definitely the Spurs defence and midfield over the 'Pool one.

Spurs play pressed, tactical football whereas Liverpool plays workrate running football imo. That's the one and only thing I admire about Spurs and mostly Pochettino. 

Leicester are a long ball side. As long as we nullify the long ball to Vardy they will be toothless. Their football has been found out this season and now we have Kante their midfield is poor enough. We should win this, but it still wont be an easy game. 3 points here for us will really put the pressure on the chasers on Sunday.

Com'n Chelsea, lets kick on and get back to winning ways

No excuses here for us, its a must win game, we need to put that Tottenham game to bed and get back to winning ways in the league, eventough Leicester is not the same as last season, they deserve our respect so this game will be really tough, lets not forget they are the defending Champions, and they have their home support behind them, they will be missing Slimani and Mahrez who are on AFCON duty, but we can´t take anything for granted and we need to be at our very best if we want to get the 3 points, i trust Conte to handle this in the best way possible. Cheers and goodluck

16 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Liverpool comes close?

But Spurs surely got a better squad than Liverpool. Definitely the Spurs defence and midfield over the 'Pool one.

Spurs play pressed, tactical football whereas Liverpool plays workrate running football imo. That's the one and only thing I admire about Spurs and mostly Pochettino. 

only liverpool and maybe city but city does not have the personell

13 hours ago, Starman60 said:

Leicester are a long ball side. As long as we nullify the long ball to Vardy they will be toothless. Their football has been found out this season and now we have Kante their midfield is poor enough. We should win this, but it still wont be an easy game. 3 points here for us will really put the pressure on the chasers on Sunday.

Com'n Chelsea, lets kick on and get back to winning ways

Well...they now have Wilfred Ndidi who is rumoured to be Kanté 2.0...

On 1/10/2017 at 1:25 AM, LAM09 said:

They've found some form in recent weeks, but their big guns are away at the AFCON.

Need to take maximum points and extend our lead over Liverpool.

They've actually been pretty good at home this season. As someone has already mentioned they beat Manchester City at home and they have drawn with Arsenal at home as well. The only teams that have beaten them at home are West Brom and Everton. Taking that into account in addition to the fact that we have beaten them by 3-4 goals in two competitions this season. I believe that this game will be a lot tighter than the previous 2. So I think that this will be won by a single goal margin.

They've actually been pretty good at home this season. As someone has already mentioned they beat Manchester City at home and they have drawn with Arsenal at home as well. The only teams that have beaten them at home are West Brom and Everton. Taking that into account in addition to the fact that we have beaten them by 3-4 goals in two competitions this season. I believe that this game will be a lot tighter than the previous 2. So I think that this will be won by a single goal margin.

They were awful against Everton at home (26/12) & have only won twice at home in the league in two months. I don't expect us to stroll to victory, but them being without two of their best players should make the task easier.

5 hours ago, MefiX19 said:

Since Spurs thread is closed i will put this here 

The combination of many mistakes from hazard, Cahill, Matic and Moses cost us that first goal. Not everyone can follow Conte's tactical instructions to the T

Excited to see us play again after the Spuds loss as I think we'll take care of business. Hopefully we come out like a gun shot and blitz them. We need to put that result behind us and reassert ourselves. No Mahrez, no target man in Slimani and a couple of slow, old CB's that Costa, Hazard, and Pedro/Willian should be able to cause fits. No excuses not to win this considering the form of each side and who they're missing.

Also, I think Man United will 100% beat Liverpool and do so convincingly so us winning would put more distance between ourselves and Pool as well as keep United 10 points behind.