test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

iceboy

Alex Sandro

Started by iceboy,

2,069 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Juventus apparently want David Luiz and we want Alex Sandro, so hopefully we do what we should of done this summer with Matic and offer them Luiz + 25-30M for Sandro. Win win

I honestly can't see why this couldn't happen. Definitely a win-win for both clubs and both players.

Who would TC members prefer out of Sandro or Grimaldo? Sandro is more established, but Grimaldo could be an outstanding, long-term investment.

Manchester United are reportedly ready to offer Henrikh Mkhitaryan to Juventus in a bid to land Alex Sandro 

Fuck off utd 

Everyone here knows how desperately I wanted him in the summer but tbh, after hearing how massively his form has dropped off since then I actually wouldn't be bothered if we don't get him. Especially for mega money.

Certainly still need a new LWB for competition with Alonso, but I wouldn't be devastated if it wasn't Sandro. Should be the priority position of strengthening next month.

Strike likes this

3 hours ago, nathangeorge99 said:

Who would TC members prefer out of Sandro or Grimaldo? Sandro is more established, but Grimaldo could be an outstanding, long-term investment.

Grimaldo is a goood talent but he has got injury problems and I can’t see Benfica selling anybody mid season for anything but a buyout clause or extortionate fee. If Sandro is available he will be the clubs first choice for sure. 

15 hours ago, Pizy said:

Everyone here knows how desperately I wanted him in the summer but tbh, after hearing how massively his form has dropped off since then I actually wouldn't be bothered if we don't get him. Especially for mega money.

Certainly still need a new LWB for competition with Alonso, but I wouldn't be devastated if it wasn't Sandro. Should be the priority position of strengthening next month.

Who would you recommend? I think we’re signing a LWB in January but who? 

2 hours ago, Blusan Alamb said:

It's either him or Alex Telles.

Yeah....I wouldn't rule out Alex Grimaldo also...though Spurs are reportedly after him to replace Danny Rose...

9 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Who would you recommend? I think we’re signing a LWB in January but who? 

Not a clue. That's the big issue. There isn't really a huge pool of top quality wing backs.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Not a clue. That's the big issue. There isn't really a huge pool of top quality wing backs.

There's quite a lot of options if we want to get a LWB. At RWB there's a smaller pool of talent.

Supermonkey92 and The Skipper like this

1 hour ago, ja1 said:

There's quite a lot of options if we want to get a LWB. At RWB there's a smaller pool of talent.

Just about to say. But I’m okay with Moses moving forward until maybe a clear target for RWB pops up. At LWB there are talents like Grimaldo, Rose, Guerreiro from BVB, and Sandro of course available. Take your pick. 

Mufassir08 likes this

18 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Just about to say. But I’m okay with Moses moving forward until maybe a clear target for RWB pops up. At LWB there are talents like Grimaldo, Rose, Guerreiro from BVB, and Sandro of course available. Take your pick. 

Exactly.

We should be good with Moses/Zappa duo at the right. Moses is way more solid than Alonso, IMO, and we will rarely get exposed with him. He will often give you 6.5/10 performance. Alonso on the other hand is hot and cold - 1/3 games he plays 8.5/10 performance, scoring goals or something, but in other 2 he will give you 4/10.

Also, Kenedy could be offloaded easily, and then we have really good situation - Sandro/Grimaldo/Rose/Guerreiro/Telles with Alonso as a back up - two good options, and both would get enough minutes.

The Skipper likes this

I would think the big bid we gave in the summer would have got his notice and theres no doubt he woulda had chats at some stage with the Don so hopefully it might get him thinking. But theres no way he would come as 2nd fiddle so he would need assuring of that. And everyones right about alonso. Hes like so so many of our players past and present that he cant keep his form. Shit hot one week and a numpty the next.

The best thing about our RWB whoever it is is we got Dave to help him out. And hes putting in more dead accurate passes than Moses.

Will be hoping he comes but we are gooing to need to pay up for him.

So it has been a few months since there is a lot of talk of Alex Sandro to Paris and I've always wondered why would he go there when they have Kurzawa who is a very good player and fits their style of play. And French. I simply did not trust the rumours to be fair.

But now there is a lot of talk in France about Kurzawa having been told to find a new team - Paris have put him on sale for 25M.

So I guess the rumours were true in the end. Or at least it's beginning to look so. 

3 hours ago, ja1 said:

I often read very mixed reviews on Kurzawa from people who watch him

He can be good, but also bad. Quite average defensively, and loses the ball quite a bit vs. low blocks but his athleticism is impressive. 

Supposedly they still wont sell for less than £60M. Really starting to think we should go for Grimaldo now. Benfica probably more willing to sell, Sandro has been off form, and Grimaldo is much younger, so could be a mainstay for years.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2751218-manchester-city-transfer-news-juventus-reportedly-set-alex-sandro-asking-price