test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

iceboy

Alex Sandro

Started by iceboy,

2,087 posts in this topic

i dont get why Allegri put him on bench in important matches. He already missed couple of games. Maybe something going on? In winter window we could get him but he would cant play in CL.

5 hours ago, Last Sicarius said:

i dont get why Allegri put him on bench in important matches. He already missed couple of games. Maybe something going on? In winter window we could get him but he would cant play in CL.

Marotta said he has personal problems, maybe that's the reason he hasn't features much lately.

19 hours ago, Georgy said:

Guys calm down, we ain't losing him to United. Why the fuck would he want to take his family to Manchester a shitty city, playing alongside De Gea as second GK. Guy is known for his attacking and less for his defense it would be a nightmare for him under Mourinho. Even money we can match it for sure, problem is getting to a deal with Juventus. I'm very positive about this one happening. No way Sandro chooses a pathetic bus parker over Conte. He isn't even Pogba's budy like with Lukaku to twist his mind.

It doesn’t matter.

Players have chosen other clubs and managers over us before. Benjamin Mendy said he had other offers (which we were one) and would only leave Monaco for City and Pep. There’s others as well clearly and with every target of the stature of a Sandro or a Mendy or a Lukaku they will have more than one suitor.

The thing I meant as well is that Manchester United won’t hesitate to sign Sandro at the drop of a hat in January for £60m+ if Mourinho wants him. Like backing him with £100m Pogba, £75m Lukaku and Zlatan with huge wages despite being well in his mid 30s in the past.

Conte obviously wanted Alex Sandro and still wants him but do you think upstairs will be willing to green light a potential £60m+ January move if that’s what’s Juventus want (nobody is cheap these days yet alone in January)? That is what I’m not so sure about. Time and time again in recent years we’ve shown recently that the club has a agenda regarding FFP, signing promising younger players instead of more developed ones and following a transfer strategy with targets that have clearly been followed by the club since before AVBs appointment. 

yuvala likes this

Juventus ace Alex Sandro has reportedly made it clear that he would prefer to sign for Chelsea than join Manchester United.

CHELSEA are in the driving seat to sign Juventus ace Alex Sandro in January, as the defender says he wants a move to The Blues not Manchester United. #cfc [Express]

CHELSEA are in pole position to bag Juventus defender Alex Sandro in January, from under the noses of Manchester United. #cfc [TheSun]

14 minutes ago, milka said:

Juventus ace Alex Sandro has reportedly made it clear that he would prefer to sign for Chelsea than join Manchester United.

CHELSEA are in the driving seat to sign Juventus ace Alex Sandro in January, as the defender says he wants a move to The Blues not Manchester United. #cfc [Express]

CHELSEA are in pole position to bag Juventus defender Alex Sandro in January, from under the noses of Manchester United. #cfc [TheSun]

No brainer, except money you must be total delusional to want to play under the biggest bus parker in history.

On 11/12/2017 at 5:32 PM, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

He's not Chelsea level. Regardless of whether or not he looked better than Alonso, he doesn't provide enough going forward to play for us. Sorry wanted him to work out but he's not it. Simple.

Let's not pretend he's not a good player. If Alonso, Bakayoko and DW are Chelsea level so is Bertrand, I don't know why this term 'Chelsea level' is only thrown about when discussing former youth players who we didn't give a chance. I wouldn't take him as a wingback but were we ever playing 4atb he's exactly the type of player I'd want to supplement the squad.

Let's not pretend he's not a good player. If Alonso, Bakayoko and DW are Chelsea level so is Bertrand, I don't know why this term 'Chelsea level' is only thrown about when discussing former youth players who we didn't give a chance. I wouldn't take him as a wingback but were we ever playing 4atb he's exactly the type of player I'd want to supplement the squad.

Not good enough. Alonso is adequate but not our level either.

Bakayoko will come good... patience is a virtue.

5 hours ago, ja1 said:

If Bertrand was good enough he’d never have been sold and replaced by a mediocre player like Baba Rahmann. Particularly when in recent times we needed to fill our home grown quota.

Regardless of playing 3 at the back, 4 at the back, 5 at the back or whatever he’s not good enough... considering we already have Alonso who is a better player than Bertrand and people want to upgrade on him. Bertrand would of been a huge step backward. Unless he was to be Alonsos back up but considering links to the likes of Alex Sandro, Alex Telles... heck even Kolasinac at the end of last season, were all linked so for me Bertrand would be a step backwards.

Regarding the former youth players not given a chance your meaning him, Ake and Chalobah in particular right? To be fair Nate is a much better player, with a higher ceiling who could have easily taken Drinkwaters place in the squad but he didn’t want to stay. Bertrand for me would be an upgrade on Kenedy but still he would hardly displace Alonso and offer anything more. Where as Nathan Ake has not shown anything to prove he’s worth the 20m Bournemouth paid for him so not a problem either.

Not good enough. Alonso is adequate but not our level either.

Bakayoko will come good... patience is a virtue.
Will the board/club have patience with RLC?

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

If Bertrand was good enough he’d never have been sold and replaced by a mediocre player like Baba Rahmann. Particularly when in recent times we needed to fill our home grown quota.

Regardless of playing 3 at the back, 4 at the back, 5 at the back or whatever he’s not good enough... considering we already have Alonso who is a better player than Bertrand and people want to upgrade on him. Bertrand would of been a huge step backward. Unless he was to be Alonsos back up but considering links to the likes of Alex Sandro, Alex Telles... heck even Kolasinac at the end of last season, were all linked so for me Bertrand would be a step backwards.

Regarding the former youth players not given a chance your meaning him, Ake and Chalobah in particular right? To be fair Nate is a much better player, with a higher ceiling who could have easily taken Drinkwaters place in the squad but he didn’t want to stay. Bertrand for me would be an upgrade on Kenedy but still he would hardly displace Alonso and offer anything more. Where as Nathan Ake has not shown anything to prove he’s worth the 20m Bournemouth paid for him so not a problem either.

Can you not judge him on parameters other than simply if the club sells him or not? Otherwise Sturridge, KDB, Salah are automatically not Chelsea quality too just because they were sold. He's of similar quality to Alonso. If I was playing 3atb I'd prefer Alonso and with 4atb I'd want Bertrand. I agree he's not as good as other targets, I don't want him, I want to improve on Alonso, doesn't mean Bertrand isn't Chelsea level, he's literally a perfect, reliable squad player for a top club. 

Ake has got player of the month at Bournemouth for the out of the last 4 months btw.

29 minutes ago, ja1 said:

Can you not judge him on parameters other than simply if the club sells him or not? Otherwise Sturridge, KDB, Salah are automatically not Chelsea quality too just because they were sold. He's of similar quality to Alonso. If I was playing 3atb I'd prefer Alonso and with 4atb I'd want Bertrand. I agree he's not as good as other targets, I don't want him, I want to improve on Alonso, doesn't mean Bertrand isn't Chelsea level, he's literally a perfect, reliable squad player for a top club. 

Ake has got player of the month at Bournemouth for the out of the last 4 months btw.

I’m not judging Bertrand on the fact we sold him. We had Ashley Cole on his last legs and he couldn’t break in. Eventually a RB took Cole’s place. When he did he played as a LM. Says it all. He didn’t go on and become a world beater or anything we necessarily missed. Hopefully the club can find some sort of player like a Alex Sandro or even take a gamble on Luke Shaw as well.

What do you think genius?
Genius? Got out the wrong side of the bed, I see.

P.S. It was a rhetorical question btw. We all know the answer.

On 12/13/2017 at 7:08 PM, the wes said:

Marcotti is about as knowledgeable of Italian transfers as Ballague is of Spanish transfers. Both don't know their ass from their elbow. 

1 hour ago, It's too big said:

Marcotti is about as knowledgeable of Italian transfers as Ballague is of Spanish transfers. Both don't know their ass from their elbow. 

:lol: It's quite an insult to put Marcotti in the same bracket as Balague. You don't see the former going about spouting transfer rumours like the latter as if they are going to happen, only to see those attempts backfired later on.

And if you have actually read what Marcotti said or even watched the video, you would know he didn't explicitly say Conte won't go for Sandro. He merely gave his opinion that no one will pay 60-70 million for him on the basis of how he has performed this season.

Blusan Alamb likes this