test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

iceboy

Alex Sandro

Started by iceboy,

1,940 posts in this topic

Pay whatever needed for Sandro and close window. I'd rather we go with one class signing and no depth until summer than getting another 2-3 average players.

kellzfresh and manpe like this

Sandro plays today and we probably comfortably beat Atleti. There were periods in the game where our pressure on their back line was immense, and we just needed a bit more quality in the final third. Zappa was ok but that’s all he’ll ever will be. 

Strike and Supermonkey92 like this

I remember both our wing backs scoring goals, but not assisting, so unless someone's already mentioned this, it's worth mentioning - he did get an assist tonight - to Cuadrado no less :lol:

If we do get him, it's fantasy to think January. Realistically there's nobody on Juve's radar who could replace him. Even in the Summer, it's not like a new left back pops up out of nowhere as available, and nobody's making headlines in that position this season. Personal & professional issues can always be resolved, so IMO there's more chance of him staying than leaving. Me as a player, seeing Serie A being competitive again, I'd relish being at Juve - genuine fun to be had in the big games, all the while being with the most consistent Italian club of the past decade. 

I doubt his current disgruntle is due to money, and i doubt it's to do with the board. Allegri could be part of it, but again i doubt it. While he doesn't inspire, he doesn't inspire disdain from his players. 
If he wants a change of scene, there's no upgrade in coming to England. And in joining Juve at the time he joined, I doubt he's looking for a 'challenge'.

I really see no reason for him wanting out; so maybe he wants out to the same extent Courtois & Hazard do :drunk:

Mufassir08 likes this

31 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Sandro plays today and we probably comfortably beat Atleti. There were periods in the game where our pressure on their back line was immense, and we just needed a bit more quality in the final third. Zappa was ok but that’s all he’ll ever will be. 

Honestly I thought Zappa was good tonight, probably his best game for us. Wanted to take his marker on and get a shot off. Sure he didn’t cross as often as he would of done if he was on the right but he looked like he had purpose when he got the ball, especially in the first half. I think the need for more quality in the final third is well known but it’s more than just the wing backs although upgrades in these positions are still needed but Willian, Bakayoko, Pedro, Batshuayi are all hit and miss in the final third also but for me it was bad finishing/good goalkeeping that cost us more tonight. 

Mufassir08 and gadget like this

21 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Honestly I thought Zappa was good tonight, probably his best game for us. Wanted to take his marker on and get a shot off. Sure he didn’t cross as often as he would of done if he was on the right but he looked like he had purpose when he got the ball, especially in the first half. I think the need for more quality in the final third is well known but it’s more than just the wing backs although upgrades in these positions are still needed but Willian, Bakayoko, Pedro, Batshuayi are all hit and miss in the final third also but for me it was bad finishing/good goalkeeping that cost us more tonight. 

Yeah I did say he was ok, but not really spectacular. A real quality player would’ve actually made the difference imo. I think our wing backs are the first thing we need to upgrade. Moses is looking quite good though - and I can’t really see anyone on the market who’s actually much better atm. Sandro/LWB is the first name on the shopping list for me also because we lack real depth there. 

On Batshuayi, I thought he was refreshingly decent tonight. Morata - Batshuayi might work quite well. 

gadget likes this

16 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Yeah I did say he was ok, but not really spectacular. A real quality player would’ve actually made the difference imo. I think our wing backs are the first thing we need to upgrade. Moses is looking quite good though - and I can’t really see anyone on the market who’s actually much better atm. Sandro/LWB is the first name on the shopping list for me also because we lack real depth there. 

On Batshuayi, I thought he was refreshingly decent tonight. Morata - Batshuayi might work quite well. 

Yeah the wing backs do need some changes in terms of the quality. I agree with you regarding Moses thought he was good as well but it’s a nightmare to buy wing backs because it’s not a typical traditional position so to speak like a winger or a fullback. Sandro would be good with Alonso as back up yes but I still think that Batshuayi, Willian, Pedro to an extent (although he looks good as an impact player) can all be improved on for sure as well. Even as squad players I think they can be improved upon. Although it’s hard to get guys willing to be squad players and be at a high level.

Tonight though, finishing and good goalkeeping kept us from winning, I think we created enough chances for sure. 

agree with the above posts. Zappa played alright by getting himself into goo positions but he had zero confidence with his left root, it was obvious to me the Atletico defenders and probably the rest of the 40,00 odds at the bridge that he wanted to cut in and cross/shoot. Easy to defend against.

Left back is one of the positions we need to improve to take us to the next level. Sandro would be good, not getting hopes up too soon though 

OneMoSalah likes this

Piss off Man U, we were here first.

Don't know if they are actually interested, or if it's just a way of driving the price up.

On 07/12/2017 at 11:32 PM, the wes said:

If he really wants to leave Juventus and we lose out on signing him to United I will go mad. Fucking Mourinho. 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

If he really wants to leave Juventus and we lose out on signing him to United I will go mad. Fucking Mourinho. 

Guys calm down, we ain't losing him to United. Why the fuck would he want to take his family to Manchester a shitty city, playing alongside De Gea as second GK. Guy is known for his attacking and less for his defense it would be a nightmare for him under Mourinho. Even money we can match it for sure, problem is getting to a deal with Juventus. I'm very positive about this one happening. No way Sandro chooses a pathetic bus parker over Conte. He isn't even Pogba's budy like with Lukaku to twist his mind.

They have a thread about him in the RedCafe and are posting some twits from journalists i dont know linking Alex Sandro to United.

Is that legit or just muppet talk?

18 minutes ago, Hazardinho Gaucho said:

They have a thread about him in the RedCafe and are posting some twits from journalists i dont know linking Alex Sandro to United.

Is that legit or just muppet talk?

Muppet talk of course. Who the fuck opens a thread about Sandro with rumours coming from a pathetic journalist like Castles. I haven't seen one legit place to say they want him.