Alex Sandro

iceboy

15 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

I agree, I think he did a very good job also i was always one of his defenders. But every spot needs competition in my mind.

also what youngster did you have in mind that could fill that particular role?

Don't think we need two first team player in every position, we could filled some with our youths and it is still fine. As I mentioned earlier, it is just not an area we urgently need to be strengthened in my opinion, so we will gonna have to wait if this rumour is true or not.

Baba or Kenedy or Ake should be enough for a backup.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, RoyalBlues said:

Don't think we need two first team player in every position, we could filled some with our youths and it is still fine. As I mentioned earlier, it is just not an area we urgently need to be strengthened in my opinion, so we will gonna have to wait if this rumour is true or not.

Baba or Kenedy should be enough for a backup.

I disagree in that I think it is an area we urgently need competition. It is physically grueling. Baba coming off an ACL tear as backup for a team trying to challenge for PL and CL titles? I don't think so. Also I had high hopes for Kenedy but he doesnt have the necessary defensive skills and I also don't think Conte trusts him.

I agree we should use our youth as squad players and eventually important players when they are ready but in my opinion we don't have any available to fill such an integral role. I really want Lew Baker to come back and challenge fabregas and Christensen to come back and earn a place. 

23 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Possibly, but don't think it is the most important area we need to strengthened at the moment, as Alonso did a very good job there. Personally, I prefer one of our youngster for a backup of that position.

We need to be cold with our assessment as Conte put it. 

Alonso did a fantastic job for us this year but now that we're back in Europe we need to up the ante to make sure the squad is competing at the highest level. Alonso needs to be pushed and Sandro will definitely do that! We need to have fierce battles for positions in order to keep the squad in peak condition

Also, Alonso against world class wingers scares the shit outta me.

You guys are batshit crazy. 

Alonso is good, but gives any fast player time and space. Good luck in the CL. 

Sandro is WC maybe even the best LWB in the world. Crazy not to upgrade if we can. 

Be ice cold Conte and take this team to the next level. We arent looking for kisses and hugs we are looking to be the best. 

51 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

I disagree in that I think it is an area we urgently need competition. It is physically grueling. Baba coming off an ACL tear as backup for a team trying to challenge for PL and CL titles? I don't think so. Also I had high hopes for Kenedy but he doesnt have the necessary defensive skills and I also don't think Conte trusts him.

I agree we should use our youth as squad players and eventually important players when they are ready but in my opinion we don't have any available to fill such an integral role. I really want Lew Baker to come back and challenge fabregas and Christensen to come back and earn a place. 

Well our priority obviously is to find another striker, winger, midfielder, CB at the moment. So, I assume another left wing back signing might have to wait, as I don't see any urgency to spend 26m+ for that area at this point.

49 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

We need to be cold with our assessment as Conte put it. 

Alonso did a fantastic job for us this year but now that we're back in Europe we need to up the ante to make sure the squad is competing at the highest level. Alonso needs to be pushed and Sandro will definitely do that! We need to have fierce battles for positions in order to keep the squad in peak condition

Also, Alonso against world class wingers scares the shit outta me.

Think we could still do the "pushed" thing from rotation with our youngster.

Yes, I agree Alonso still have some weakness and need some improvement, but he did well against big teams in PL this season so far, so I think he has an ability to do that also in CL. 

Honestly, I think we need to sign another right wing back more than the left one. Alonso naturally have defensive abilities, while Moses don't have any.

30 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Well our priority obviously is to find another striker, winger, midfielder, CB at the moment. So, I assume another left wing back signing might have to wait, as I don't see any urgency to spend 26m+ for that area at this point.

Yes, I agree Alonso still have some weakness and need some improvement, but he did well against big teams in PL this season so far, so I think he has an ability to do that also in CL. 

Honestly, I think we need to sign another right wing back more than the left one. Alonso naturally have defensive abilities, while Moses don't have any.

They might stick him on the right would be a good shout 

I agree we have to strengthen other areas also, but we saw this seaoson, that wing backs have important role in Conte's system. For this kind of price, for this player, we should definitely try at least. Would be really good signing for the team.

4 hours ago, RoyalBlues said:

Firstly you have no idea what are priorities are. 

We are competing to WIN the champions league not just be in it, you don't win the champions league by resting on your laurels and ignoring weaknesses. Also, in case you haven't noticed, the premier league is well off the pace when looking at Europe's elite and even then I don't think Alonso matched up well. The Spurs had him pinned back and ineffectual in the 3 games we played against them, Arsenal got at him in the FA cup, City looked to attack us through the middle so hard to say how he would respond to being targeted by them.

I think we need RWB and LWB, they both performed well this year but we have to go to the next level with our signings this summer.

I also am a firm believer this will be the last window we will go heavy in for a while. After this we will make middling signings and prepare for the stadium fees.

Well, if Conte decided to bring him, so be it, I'm not against it. Just not so sure the rumour is true and we're really after left wing back at the moment, while clearly we have another important areas to be strengthened first.

Anyway, doesn't Sandro style of play is offensive minded one, which Alonso has been good at all this time?

Silliest Rumor of the Day: Juventus left back Alex Sandro targeted by Chelsea

Chelsea being used to get Alex Sandro a better contract.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2017/6/2/15726168/juventus-chelsea-fc-alex-sandro-transfer-rumour-report-update

• Chelsea are lining up a sensational bid for Juventus full-back Alex Sandro. sun paper talk

14 hours ago, Artandur said:

Anybody know something about "La Repubblica" ? Reliable whatsoever ?

It's not a sports newspaper.On other news "La Repubblica" is like CNN "very fake news".

8 hours ago, RoyalBlues said:

Well, if Conte decided to bring him, so be it, I'm not against it. Just not so sure the rumour is true and we're really after left wing back at the moment, while clearly we have another important areas to be strengthened first.

Anyway, doesn't Sandro style of play is offensive minded one, which Alonso has been good at all this time?

Sandro is a top 3 left back. Proper world class on both ends of the pitch. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You