test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Spurs 2-0 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   23 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Luiz
    • Cahill
    • Alonso
    • Matic
    • Kante
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Willian (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

546 posts in this topic

I know Liverpool's draw yesterday has given some room for error for this one but we gotta really win this. Never mind the gap to second, wouldn't want to us to give Arsenal, City, Spurs and heck, even United any hope/encouragement of catching us.

REALLY not confident about this one. Mind you I wasn't confident about the Man Utd, Spurs home game or the Man City away win so what the hell do my feelings know?! :P

Wow Bournemouth sure likes to give us a hand, first Liverpool and now Arsenal, but they almost blew it, leading 3-0 only to let Arsenal draw the match :/ , shame they couldn't beat those gooner karnts, but all in all its great for us that Liverpool and Arsenal dropped points, we need to try and make the most of this opportunity, we definitely cant get soft now, try and go for the kill, huge chance to go even more points clear, altough we have more breathing space for our game against Spurs, now that our rivals have dropped points. Cheers

fmsch24 and kellzfresh like this

Win this and in my opinion the title is sewn up. Can't see a Conte team with this many pedigreed, seriel winners letting an 8 point gap slip. Especially if we also make a couple of good signings for depth this month,

I would do anything for a win tomorrow. Haven't been this desperate for a win since....well, we ended Spuds' title hopes last season.

milan.cech likes this

The significance of this game is massive. I feel if we win this game the huge momentum and confidence will surge us over the line to the title. If we lose the game then it could dent our momentum and confidence giving the chasing pack a sniff at the title.

However I think a draw is most likely which still would be a decent result given that this is a high pressure derby match. Also our defence looked uncharastically vulnerable last match conceding two goals at home while Spurs are in good form as well atm.

So realistically I see this match as a 1-1 or 2-2 result but I am hoping for the win. 

22 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Win this and in my opinion the title is sewn up. Can't see a Conte team with this many pedigreed, seriel winners letting an 8 point gap slip. Especially if we also make a couple of good signings for depth this month,

I would do anything for a win tomorrow. Haven't been this desperate for a win since....well, we ended Spuds' title hopes last season.

I concur. And Liverpool go to Man United next right? If we have no serious injuries, the title could be ours. At least I seriously hope so. 

Last Sicarius likes this

Fabregas or Matic needs to drop deeper to help counter-balance their press. Too many times, our ball-passing central midfielder pushes up when one of our centre-backs is looking for the forward outless pass and it causes us massive problems in building our attacks. Look at the Stoke game for reference.

I'm in a bit of a quandary as to whether I want to see Fab or Matic start. Last time Matic played against Spurs, he was embarrassed and his inablity to cope with being pressed was one of the biggest problems we faced trying to pass out from the back in that 1st half. He only marginally improved in the 2nd half. Fabregas deals with being pressed better due to his faster football brain and ability to get rid of the ball quicker. Though starting him means we'll be less defensively solid? At least I think, because Matic's recent form is not inspiring. 

31 minutes ago, Pizy said:

A new, optimistic Pizy in 2017? I like the old Pizy better. -_-

I dislike the Hots---- as much as the next Chelsea fan, but I don't want to label them "chokers" because they've been verging on champion material and only need to get over one major bump to be champions.

As others said, a draw is good, a win is excellent for the Chels.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

A new, optimistic Pizy in 2017? I like the old Pizy better. -_-

If we win this tomorrow everyone here gets a blowie :D

1chelsea and Roquila like this

I'm intrigued to see who we will play if Alonso isn't 100% because this is a massive issue for me if he is injured. Kenedy won't even be considered ahead of Musonda in terms of a squad place I would imagine so hopefully Marcos is fully fit. Big game, Spurs are in better form than when we played them at the Bridge and there's this talk of they don't want us to get this record from Harry Kane and a few others, very similar to what we had last season with our players saying we didn't want them to win the title. Not sure what way this will go in all honesty, our defending was quite poor against Stoke, they didn't do anything breathtaking or outrageous but scored 2 goals but I do fancy us to be a bit better defensively, hopefully lining up with Matic back in for Cesc. It would be brilliant to get 14 wins in a row and would strengthen our position in the league. Hopefully we can get some additions done too this month to boost our squad, particularly at both of left/right wing back and CM/AM. 

Johnnyeye likes this

I'm intrigued to see who we will play if Alonso isn't 100% because this is a massive issue for me if he is injured. Kenedy won't even be considered ahead of Musonda in terms of a squad place I would imagine so hopefully Marcos is fully fit. Big game, Spurs are in better form than when we played them at the Bridge and there's this talk of they don't want us to get this record from Harry Kane and a few others, very similar to what we had last season with our players saying we didn't want them to win the title. Not sure what way this will go in all honesty, our defending was quite poor against Stoke, they didn't do anything breathtaking or outrageous but scored 2 goals but I do fancy us to be a bit better defensively, hopefully lining up with Matic back in for Cesc. It would be brilliant to get 14 wins in a row and would strengthen our position in the league. Hopefully we can get some additions done too this month to boost our squad, particularly at both of left/right wing back and CM/AM. 

Conte said there are no new injury concerns, so I'm sure he'll field a largely unchanged squad.

Unionjack, Johnnyeye and OneMoSalah like this

On 1/1/2017 at 4:24 AM, mediator said:

I hope we trash them 4-0

I would personally prefer a stoppage time winner just for the scenes in the away corner.

Hope we smash those North London muppets, btw did anyone see Sanchez's reaction at the end of the game, feel sorry him, he suddenly realized that he'll never win anything with the bottlers extraordinaire. Perhaps we should send Cesc to him to elaborate the feeling of being a PL Champion, after all they were both at Barca and Cesc wasted eight years of his career at Arsenal so who better to send than Cescy 😆  

9 hours ago, Pizy said:

My feelings exactly. Except for the blowie part :D I am very nervous but how I would love a win here!

The last time we did a double over them was in 2005/06. Damn that's a long time ago!

Johnnyeye likes this

41 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

The last time we did a double over them was in 2005/06. Damn that's a long time ago!

add to that we were champions that season and won back to back titles, great memories, man how time flies :o, we are getting old, it was 11 years ago, what a team we had back then :)

Green Lantern18 likes this