• Kante
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Willian (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

12 hours ago, Pizy said:

The powers that be will have a word with the ref to go easy. They'll want Spuds at their best for the marquee matchup on Wednesday. :P

I never wish injury on players but....yeah...I kinda hope for a couple for Spuds. Hate the dirty bastards. 

100 +Likes - I fuckin hate all of North London!

OK its gonna be a toughie but the lads are going to be on fire and wanting to win this game more than any other. Matchs where they can go into the history books for many years dont come around often. And Conte is going to go thru every bit of video he can find.

Theyre going to be dirty sods too. Wanting to get revenge on many fronts but mainly because we are Chelsea. I see Wilian and Eden having gooduns because they hate Spuds and made comments kinda saying so But to take history out of our hands is a big enough reason - just not big enough I dont think.

I hate them, I do, I fuckin hate them! Bastards! (Uj goes to lie in a dark quiet room to stop the twitch in his eye!)

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll be treating this like the CL final and their players will be absolutely desperate to win. Let's hope our players treat it the same way. The Spurs players will all raise their games and be super hungry. A win could be a huge catalyst for them to mount a late title push as they'd only be 7 behind us if they win.

Hopefully Conte learned a few ways to deal with their high pressing that dominated us in the first half when we played them a few weeks back. We can't count on a magical goal and them tiring in the 2nd half again to turn things around. The Hazard we saw against Bournemouth is the one we'll need rather than the more subdued one we saw yesterday. 

If we win this I'll be almost positive that we'll go on and win the league. 

Surely this will be another tough game, we were struggle to beat them at the Bridge, and now we have to do it at the Lane where thay haven't yet to lose there this season..., hopefully we can be the first team who beat them at their home.

Bring Pedro Back, and Matic start. Leave the rest to Conte, Amen

I have absolute no idea what Conte will do with Luis injured. 

Does he stay with 3-4-3? If so who plays left wing back? Does he trust Aina to play such a match or play Iva which could be potentially disastrous?

Or does he switch formations all together? If so to what? The 4-2-3-1 that failed miserably against Liverpool and Arsenal or the 4-4-2 we saw in preseason? 

Big calls for Antonio... 

EDIT: Alonso, not Luis because this isn't 2015! :P

Edited by CHOULO19

8 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Does he stay with 3-4-3? If so who plays left wing back? Does he trust Aina to play such a match or play Iva which could be potentially disastrous?

Or does he switch formations all together? If so to what? The 4-2-3-1 that failed miserably against Liverpool and Arsenal or the 4-4-2 we saw in preseason? 

Big calls for Antonio... 

What happened to Alonso, though? I noticed that after Cahill's goal he went down but he finished the game and I am not really sure I saw him struggle. What did I miss?

12 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Big calls for Antonio... 

I think you mean Alonso. Well, if Conte would like to keep the formation, the easy fix is moving Azpilicueta to the LWB and replace him with either Zouma, JT (if fit) or maybe even Ivanovic in the back three. Even that way though, I don't feel very comfortable making changes to our rock solid (with the exception of yesterday's match) central defense. 

11 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

What happened to Alonso, though? I noticed that after Cahill's goal he went down but he finished the game and I am not really sure I saw him struggle. What did I miss?

He posted an picture of himself on snapchat getting treatment with the 'injured' emoji.

4 minutes ago, different level said:

I think you mean Alonso. Well, if Conte would like to keep the formation, the easy fix is moving Azpilicueta to the LWB and replace him with either Zouma, JT (if fit) or maybe even Ivanovic in the back three. Even that way though, I don't feel very comfortable making changes to our rock solid (with the exception of yesterday's match) central defense. 

The issue is that we rely very heavily on our wing backs in building our attacks. Putting a right-footed player on the left would seriously slow us down because he would naturally need an extra touch just to get the ball on his right foot and that is without even getting into the quality we will loose going forward.

I can't see an easy/obvious solution unfortunately...

28 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Big calls for Antonio... 

EDIT: Alonso, not Luis because this isn't 2015! :P

Conte said that he likes Pedro at LWB

I hope our defensive display against Stoke was a one off and the return of Matic to the first XI will bring back solidity for this clash. A win would be great for a number of reasons (making history being a big one), but I can see a draw.

We have to start much better than we did in the last game against them. They really dominated us, more so than than any other team has this season. We couldn't get out of our half for about 35 minutes. If we play like that again, especially with the home crowd behind them then we will lose.

Need a strong start and to battle because they are going to be very physical.

13 minutes ago, Styles said:

We have to start much better than we did in the last game against them. They really dominated us, more so than than any other team has this season. We couldn't get out of our half for about 35 minutes. If we play like that again, especially with the home crowd behind them then we will lose.

Hmmm City dominated us too in first half. They can even scored easy 2-0 goal but Kevin... he is still blue :ph34r:

26 minutes ago, Styles said:

Wasn't just against Stoke. We started slowly too in some of the games before that. Definitely to be switched on from the first second of the game.

The wing back position is going to be well and truly tested again. Walker and Rose are like rockets. Moses should do just well but the left side against Walker could be the issue. I bet Conte is already watching plenty of videos and studying and studying and studying. I so want us to win this game.

This has Tottenham ending our winning streak written all over it. 

We ended their titles hope last year and we ended their "unbeaten" run 2 months ago see they want blood. 

People need to realise the run will end. I think it'll end wednesday at WHL. No shame in it, let's hope it's not the beginning of a poor run with Liverpool catching onto us.