test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Spurs 2-0 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   23 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Luiz
    • Cahill
    • Alonso
    • Matic
    • Kante
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Willian (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

546 posts in this topic

Surely this will be another tough game, we were struggle to beat them at the Bridge, and now we have to do it at the Lane where thay haven't yet to lose there this season..., hopefully we can be the first team who beat them at their home.

Bring Pedro Back, and Matic start. Leave the rest to Conte, Amen

Posted (edited)

I have absolute no idea what Conte will do with Luis injured. 

Does he stay with 3-4-3? If so who plays left wing back? Does he trust Aina to play such a match or play Iva which could be potentially disastrous?

Or does he switch formations all together? If so to what? The 4-2-3-1 that failed miserably against Liverpool and Arsenal or the 4-4-2 we saw in preseason? 

Big calls for Antonio... 

EDIT: Alonso, not Luis because this isn't 2015! :P

Edited by CHOULO19

8 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Does he stay with 3-4-3? If so who plays left wing back? Does he trust Aina to play such a match or play Iva which could be potentially disastrous?

Or does he switch formations all together? If so to what? The 4-2-3-1 that failed miserably against Liverpool and Arsenal or the 4-4-2 we saw in preseason? 

Big calls for Antonio... 

What happened to Alonso, though? I noticed that after Cahill's goal he went down but he finished the game and I am not really sure I saw him struggle. What did I miss?

12 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Big calls for Antonio... 

I think you mean Alonso. Well, if Conte would like to keep the formation, the easy fix is moving Azpilicueta to the LWB and replace him with either Zouma, JT (if fit) or maybe even Ivanovic in the back three. Even that way though, I don't feel very comfortable making changes to our rock solid (with the exception of yesterday's match) central defense. 

11 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

What happened to Alonso, though? I noticed that after Cahill's goal he went down but he finished the game and I am not really sure I saw him struggle. What did I miss?

He posted an picture of himself on snapchat getting treatment with the 'injured' emoji.

4 minutes ago, different level said:

I think you mean Alonso. Well, if Conte would like to keep the formation, the easy fix is moving Azpilicueta to the LWB and replace him with either Zouma, JT (if fit) or maybe even Ivanovic in the back three. Even that way though, I don't feel very comfortable making changes to our rock solid (with the exception of yesterday's match) central defense. 

The issue is that we rely very heavily on our wing backs in building our attacks. Putting a right-footed player on the left would seriously slow us down because he would naturally need an extra touch just to get the ball on his right foot and that is without even getting into the quality we will loose going forward.

I can't see an easy/obvious solution unfortunately...

28 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Big calls for Antonio... 

EDIT: Alonso, not Luis because this isn't 2015! :P

Conte said that he likes Pedro at LWB

Supermonkey92 likes this

2 minutes ago, MefiX19 said:

Conte said that he likes Pedro at LWB

Yeah that crossed my mind but it's one thing against a smaller team at home. Huge risk against Spurs at the lane. 

Johnnyeye and kellzfresh like this

I hope our defensive display against Stoke was a one off and the return of Matic to the first XI will bring back solidity for this clash. A win would be great for a number of reasons (making history being a big one), but I can see a draw.

We have to start much better than we did in the last game against them. They really dominated us, more so than than any other team has this season. We couldn't get out of our half for about 35 minutes. If we play like that again, especially with the home crowd behind them then we will lose.

Need a strong start and to battle because they are going to be very physical.

Johnnyeye likes this

13 minutes ago, Styles said:

We have to start much better than we did in the last game against them. They really dominated us, more so than than any other team has this season. We couldn't get out of our half for about 35 minutes. If we play like that again, especially with the home crowd behind them then we will lose.

Hmmm City dominated us too in first half. They can even scored easy 2-0 goal but Kevin... he is still blue :ph34r:

Johnnyeye likes this

26 minutes ago, Styles said:

Wasn't just against Stoke. We started slowly too in some of the games before that. Definitely to be switched on from the first second of the game.

The wing back position is going to be well and truly tested again. Walker and Rose are like rockets. Moses should do just well but the left side against Walker could be the issue. I bet Conte is already watching plenty of videos and studying and studying and studying. I so want us to win this game.

This has Tottenham ending our winning streak written all over it. 

We ended their titles hope last year and we ended their "unbeaten" run 2 months ago see they want blood. 

People need to realise the run will end. I think it'll end wednesday at WHL. No shame in it, let's hope it's not the beginning of a poor run with Liverpool catching onto us. 

Johnnyeye likes this

Wilkins has stated that he wants Tottenham to win in order to maintain interest in the Premier League title race this season.

"As far as the Premier League is concerned and I'm a Chelsea fan, but we need Tottenham to beat Chelsea to keep it alive because at the moment, they are absolutely outstanding," Wilkins told Sky Sports.