test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

closed Chelsea 4-2 Stoke

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   55 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Luiz
    • Cahill
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Willian
    • Costa
    • Matic (sub)
    • Ivanovic (sub)
    • Chalobah (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

266 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

They might get close, but Egypt want their eighth title (fourth in a row). emoji2.png

Ivory Coast is the current champion. 

Ivory Coast is the current champion. 

Egypt won three titles on the bounce (2006-2010) and failed to qualify since then. They never had the chance to defend their title and still have a undefeated record going, so I still see them as champions regardless.

It's something club football has right compared to INT.

58 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Egypt won three titles on the bounce (2006-2010) and failed to qualify since then. They never had the chance to defend their title and still have a undefeated record going, so I still see them as champions regardless.

It's something club football has right compared to INT.

They did have the chance to defend their title; they fell at the first hurdle after failing to qualify. 

Chelsea? and ILoveLamp like this

They did have the chance to defend their title; they fell at the first hurdle after failing to qualify. 

2012 CL winners...

All winners should be automatically seeded and have the chance to defend what they've won. I'll leave it there and see you 5th Feb.

12 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

2012 CL winners...

All winners should be automatically seeded and have the chance to defend what they've won. I'll leave it there and see you 5th Feb. emoji106.png

Do u want them put in the finals match or something? They had their chance to defend it and lost. Lol. Each tournament has its rules, you can't randomly use CL rules for the AFCON. 

At the very least don't continue to call the champions when thy couldn't even manage to qualify 😂

-Kaplan- likes this

Do u want them put in the finals match or something? They had their chance to defend it and lost. Lol. Each tournament has its rules, you can't randomly use CL rules for the AFCON. 

At the very least don't continue to call the champions when thy couldn't even manage to qualify

It's a rule that has been discussed for many years that winners of ANY TOURNAMENT should be automatically seeded to the finals. I'm not sure why a simple joke (evident by the emoji) and an opinion is somehow the talk of this topic.

Move on and worry about CONCACAF.

Kieran. likes this

8 hours ago, LAM09 said:

It's a rule that has been discussed for many years that winners of ANY TOURNAMENT should be automatically seeded to the finals. I'm not sure why a simply joke (evident by the emoji) and an opinion is somehow the talk of this topic.

Move on and worry about CONCACAF.

your opinion baffles me that's all. 

15 hours ago, Tomo said:

Its nothing against you, i just see this notion every time we play a lesser side and youre post was the straw that broke the camels back.

i understand your point, i must confess im giving out this negative vibe, maybe i should just be more optimistic and enjoy the season we are having so far, im just being cautious thats all. Cheers mate ;)

Tomo likes this

Oh dear lord can WE PLEASE get back to the game, this threah is totaly off!!
So, we are expecring a win today. No jinx. It's just how it is, we must win this poor Stoke side at home no matter what, good or bad daily form.
Plus, what a huge game LIV-MANC is, for us as well. Our win + maybe a draw there and we're 8 and 9 points clear going in the 2nd half of the season.
On top of that, EVERY other team has less time to prepare to the next fixture. We play today and on wednesday, Liverpool today and again on monday! Arsenal very similar. So, extra point dropping from competitors are expected, so next 2 good results may be worth more than 6 points. Plus, breaking 4rsenals rekord of 14 wins wold be just a REALLY early 2017 Christmas present. :-) Again, no jinx.

I used to fall asleep during matches and just watch highlights or fast-forward through matches. Now the Chelsea matches wake me up and I watch every minute. 

Quite a change since 2008.

Fernando and mediator like this

I'm so scared, that the hairs on my hairs are standing up.

I'm so scared, that the flares on my bears are turning up.

I'm so scared, that the pears in my stomach-lair are throwing up.

1 hour ago, quickpassnmove said:

I used to fall asleep during matches and just watches highlights or fast-forward through matches. Now the Chelsea matches wake me up and I watch every minute. 

Quite a change since 2008.

Same for a certain period of time, besides carlo first season this has been one of the best in terms of watching. And not only that I think we are more tactical prepared then when we had carlo. 

quickpassnmove and kellzfresh like this

Fuckin cracks me up how over such a short time Perdro has gone from being a total waste of space and not one of us giving a toss about him to wondering if we can win without him!!

If the bin dippers can take them apart then we surely must be able to. And keep a clean sheet doing it.

Yet again not on telly but checked and seems ok for streams so its a lovely day in the neighbourhood!

Have a great game guys and shout like yoiure at the Bridge! Chelsea%201_zpslxgfqido.gifcheer-smiley-emoticon_zpsjdnoewgx.gif

5 minutes ago, guddy6969 said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11701/10712872/stoke-may-try-something-different-at-chelsea-says-mark-hughes

They are trying something different, I wonder what it is ?

Play football instead of fouling ?

They'll probably play with like 5 midfielders in order to press and harass Matic and Kante the whole time.

I think this'll be another annoying match like the West Brom and Sunderland matches rather than a comfortable one like Bournemouth. They'll probably do all they can to frustrate and negate us rather than actually trying to play football. Guess we have to get used to seeing that this season, though.

Chelsea team today: Courtois; Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Cahill (c); Moses, Kante, Fabregas, Alonso; Willian, Diego Costa, Hazard.

Chelsea subs: Begovic, Zouma, Ivanovic, Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek, Matic, Batshuayi.