• Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Willian
    • Costa
    • Matic (sub)
    • Ivanovic (sub)
    • Chalobah (sub)

14 hours ago, Tomo said:

When? Apart from Newcastle away what lesser fixture do we have a considerably worse record on compared to the other top 6? Everton and Saints got draws at The Ethiad and "rolled over" for us weeks later. When you are a midtable or relegation threatened team playing one of the big boys you have to be on you're game and tactically good to compete,sometimes that happens and they run the top side close or get a result, other times it doesn't and they get comfortably beaten by scorelines ranging from 2-0 to 6- 0.

If Stoke run us close or even get a result after the Anfield game it won't be because theres some massive conspiracy against us, we have benefitted from that in reverse as many times as been the victims, including as recently as October/November with the above example i gave.

why are you making such a big deal out of this? look i dont want to drag this on, i wasnt  just talking about Chelsea, but football in general, other leagues, etc. i should have been more specific, for example, ive seen Benfica do it many times over the years, it happens, i replied to you before and said that if we play our A game against Stoke, we should be fine, but you know damn well that in football nothing is a given, but i hope we get the win of course and keep the momentum going. Cheers and goodluck

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, the wes said:

I think this is the 1st season in a long time we had no players not playing in African Cup of Nations :D. Hope Senegal go all the way in winning it cause mane will miss the chelsea match 

I also heard that Firmino´s drink and driving case is scheduled for the day we play them. He might miss the game as well. :D:D

10 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

why are you making such a big deal out of this? look i dont want to drag this on, i wasnt  just talking about Chelsea, but football in general, other leagues, etc. i should have been more specific, for example, ive seen Benfica do it many times over the years, it happens, i replied to you before and said that if we play our A game against Stoke, we should be fine, but you know damn well that in football nothing is a given, but i hope we get the win of course and keep the momentum going. Cheers and goodluck

Its nothing against you, i just see this notion every time we play a lesser side and youre post was the straw that broke the camels back.

I think this is the 1st season in a long time we had no players not playing in African Cup of Nations [emoji3]. Hope Senegal go all the way in winning it cause mane will miss the chelsea match 

They might get close, but Egypt want their eighth title (fourth in a row). [emoji2]

Ivory Coast is the current champion. 

Egypt won three titles on the bounce (2006-2010) and failed to qualify since then. They never had the chance to defend their title and still have a undefeated record going, so I still see them as champions regardless.

It's something club football has right compared to INT.

58 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Egypt won three titles on the bounce (2006-2010) and failed to qualify since then. They never had the chance to defend their title and still have a undefeated record going, so I still see them as champions regardless.

It's something club football has right compared to INT.

They did have the chance to defend their title; they fell at the first hurdle after failing to qualify. 

They did have the chance to defend their title; they fell at the first hurdle after failing to qualify. 

2012 CL winners...

All winners should be automatically seeded and have the chance to defend what they've won. I'll leave it there and see you 5th Feb. [emoji106]

12 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

2012 CL winners...

All winners should be automatically seeded and have the chance to defend what they've won. I'll leave it there and see you 5th Feb. emoji106.png

Do u want them put in the finals match or something? They had their chance to defend it and lost. Lol. Each tournament has its rules, you can't randomly use CL rules for the AFCON. 

At the very least don't continue to call the champions when thy couldn't even manage to qualify 😂

Do u want them put in the finals match or something? They had their chance to defend it and lost. Lol. Each tournament has its rules, you can't randomly use CL rules for the AFCON. 

At the very least don't continue to call the champions when thy couldn't even manage to qualify [emoji23]

It's a rule that has been discussed for many years that winners of ANY TOURNAMENT should be automatically seeded to the finals. I'm not sure why a simple joke (evident by the emoji) and an opinion is somehow the talk of this topic.

Move on and worry about CONCACAF.

8 hours ago, LAM09 said:

It's a rule that has been discussed for many years that winners of ANY TOURNAMENT should be automatically seeded to the finals. I'm not sure why a simply joke (evident by the emoji) and an opinion is somehow the talk of this topic.

Move on and worry about CONCACAF.

your opinion baffles me that's all. 

15 hours ago, Tomo said:

Its nothing against you, i just see this notion every time we play a lesser side and youre post was the straw that broke the camels back.

i understand your point, i must confess im giving out this negative vibe, maybe i should just be more optimistic and enjoy the season we are having so far, im just being cautious thats all. Cheers mate ;)

Oh dear lord can WE PLEASE get back to the game, this threah is totaly off!!
So, we are expecring a win today. No jinx. It's just how it is, we must win this poor Stoke side at home no matter what, good or bad daily form.
Plus, what a huge game LIV-MANC is, for us as well. Our win + maybe a draw there and we're 8 and 9 points clear going in the 2nd half of the season.
On top of that, EVERY other team has less time to prepare to the next fixture. We play today and on wednesday, Liverpool today and again on monday! Arsenal very similar. So, extra point dropping from competitors are expected, so next 2 good results may be worth more than 6 points. Plus, breaking 4rsenals rekord of 14 wins wold be just a REALLY early 2017 Christmas present. :-) Again, no jinx.

I'm so scared, that the hairs on my hairs are standing up.

I'm so scared, that the flares on my bears are turning up.

I'm so scared, that the pears in my stomach-lair are throwing up.

1 hour ago, quickpassnmove said:

I used to fall asleep during matches and just watches highlights or fast-forward through matches. Now the Chelsea matches wake me up and I watch every minute. 

Quite a change since 2008.

Same for a certain period of time, besides carlo first season this has been one of the best in terms of watching. And not only that I think we are more tactical prepared then when we had carlo.