test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Captain Ahmed

Timo Werner

Started by Captain Ahmed,

467 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Jason said:

lol @ wankerpool

But with Werner available for around £50 million due to a release clause in his contract, Liverpool now value him at below £30 million due to the pandemic's affect on financial markets.

49 minutes ago, Vesper said:

lol @ wankerpool

But with Werner available for around £50 million due to a release clause in his contract, Liverpool now value him at below £30 million due to the pandemic's affect on financial markets.

Maybe I'm just underestimating the financial hit caused by the pandemic but I'd find it stupid if any club pass up the opportunity to sign Werner for around 50 million (he would be even cheaper than some of our recent big money signings and cheaper than Morata!). That is stupidly cheap when you consider the price tags that get thrown around in the transfer market (pre-pandemic). IF Liverpool aren't playing any long game here and really value him below 30 million, then we better fucking try to go get him! 

Stats and Atomiswave like this

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

Maybe I'm underestimating the financial situation but seriously, WHAT THE FUCK?! Are the clubs so badly hit that they can't even fork out around 50 million?!

Of course they can, pandemic or no pandemic, 2 months should not equel you going broke all of a sudden for a big Club. So Clubs dont have 50m they can throw on a great prospect? Imo they are just taking advantage to lowball the fee to the ground. We are fucking stupid if we dont go and try grab him to Chels.  

Maybe I'm just underestimating the financial hit caused by the pandemic but I'd find it stupid if any club pass up the opportunity to sign Werner for around 50 million (he would be even cheaper than some of our recent big money signings and cheaper than Morata!). That is stupidly cheap when you consider the price tags that get thrown around in the transfer market (pre-pandemic). IF Liverpool aren't playing any long game here and really value him below 30 million, then we better fucking try to go get him! 

First of all, he is not a CF. Secondly, if people want him as a winger, he may be very fast, but he also lacks in some World class technical abilities. Man United has Rashford and he is better than Werner. Mane is better than Werner. All City wingers are better than Werner.
He may be better than our wingers, but I would prefer getting other wingers with more technical abilities than Werner.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

First of all, he is not a CF. Secondly, if people want him as a winger, he may be very fast, but he also lacks in some World class technical abilities. Man United has Rashford and he is better than Werner. Mane is better than Werner. All City wingers are better than Werner.
He may be better than our wingers, but I would prefer getting other wingers with more technical abilities than Werner.

He ain't better than Pulisic as a winger...

killer1257 likes this

46 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Puli is better for me as a winger, but if we do get him ( fat chance ) then he will game as a striker for sure.

42 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I do not know where you are getting this winger talk from because I have not seen any. If he is going to play out wide, it would be an inside forward like he has been doing at RB Leipzig. Furthermore, given Lampard likes to be flexible and change the system/formation around, Werner's ability to play in different attacking positions or roles would come in very handy. Also you said he is not as good as this player or that player but the way I look at it is, if we were to get him (HA!), we would not only be buying him for the immediate period but also long term. He is only 24 years old and there is still plenty of room for him to grow and improve. I do not understand why people seem fixated with the notion a player cannot become better, adapt, improve etc especially when they are still young in their career. All those players you alluded to were not perfect when they were younger. They got better as they continued their development year in year out and someone like Mane was not as good 4-5 years ago as he is now. I am sure even you would have taken note how much Werner has improved since his Stuttgart days and he certainly does seem like someone with the ambition to get better. 

Vesper likes this

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

I mentioned that Rudi connection months ago...

Congratulations, you can see into the future. But too bad, shit will happen...

On 28/05/2020 at 5:32 PM, Jason said:

I do not know where you are getting this winger talk from because I have not seen any. If he is going to play out wide, it would be an inside forward like he has been doing at RB Leipzig. Furthermore, given Lampard likes to be flexible and change the system/formation around, Werner's ability to play in different attacking positions or roles would come in very handy. Also you said he is not as good as this player or that player but the way I look at it is, if we were to get him (HA!), we would not only be buying him for the immediate period but also long term. He is only 24 years old and there is still plenty of room for him to grow and improve. I do not understand why people seem fixated with the notion a player cannot become better, adapt, improve etc especially when they are still young in their career. All those players you alluded to were not perfect when they were younger. They got better as they continued their development year in year out and someone like Mane was not as good 4-5 years ago as he is now. I am sure even you would have taken note how much Werner has improved since his Stuttgart days and he certainly does seem like someone with the ambition to get better. 

lets get him!!

I think (for the first time in months) we have a shot

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

lets get him!!

I think (for the first time in months) we have a shot

Don't get your hopes up. :lol:

And I just remembered something just now...WE MUST QUALIFY FOR THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FIRST!

Laylabelle, Vesper and shrenshah like this

No way, if this gets done then Liverpool really drag their feet.....kinda like we did with Lukaku. 

Timo Werner is ready to sign his contract as new Chelsea player until June 2025 on next days - paperworks time. Liverpool have not sent any official bid to hijack the move.

Chelsea will pay €55M to RB Leipzig. Timo has already spoken directly with Frank Lampard. 🔵 #CFC

Blue Armour likes this