test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Captain Ahmed

Timo Werner

Started by Captain Ahmed,

79 posts in this topic
No shit, sherlock!

You were making out Bayern had him locked down to begin with. He ain't going to Bayern if teams like Liverpool are serious.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

You were making out Bayern had him locked down to begin with. He ain't going to Bayern if teams like Liverpool are serious.

Was referring to your point about looking to get him. Based on Werner's previous comments, he definitely wants to join Bayern. Not sure if that has changed after the new contract but the assumption in Germany is that he'll still likely end up at Bayern, especially with Lewandowski already on the wrong side of 30. 

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Was referring to your point about looking to get him. Based on Werner's previous comments, he definitely wants to join Bayern. Not sure if that has changed after the new contract but the assumption in Germany is that he'll still likely end up at Bayern, especially with Lewandowski already on the wrong side of 30. 
A lot can change in 12 months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jason said:

Just scored a hat-trick tonight. Already has 5 goals from 3 league games. Gonna be shit when he goes to Bayern for only 30 million!

here are the highlights

 

https://yfl.veuclips.com/player/html/GIAwLSsyVP?popup=yes&autoplay=1

 

he is turning into a magnificent striker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LAM09 said:

You were making out Bayern had him locked down to begin with. He ain't going to Bayern if teams like Liverpool are serious.

 

I have been saying he is Bayern bound for ages

am not changing that stance now

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31.8.2019 at 8:52 AM, Vesper said:

here are the highlights

 

https://yfl.veuclips.com/player/html/GIAwLSsyVP?popup=yes&autoplay=1

 

he is turning into a magnificent striker

He is. The one on one used to be his weakness now its his stength. When a player with that amount of pace learns how to finish at that speed he is some force. He is like the Salah or Mane of central strikers right now in this form, maybe even a bit quicker. That second goal was brilliant, clinical like a surgeon.

Johnnyeye and Vesper like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

He is. The one on one used to be his weakness now its his stength. When a player with that amount of pace learns how to finish at that speed he is some force. He is like the Salah or Mane of central strikers right now in this form, maybe even a bit quicker. That second goal was brilliant, clinical like a surgeon.

He was always great on counter attacks. 

Both 2nd and 3rd goal, he has shitload of space. 

He struggles against packed defences.

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

He was always great on counter attacks. 

Both 2nd and 3rd goal, he has shitload of space. 

He struggles against packed defences.

Every striker struggles against packed defences. The 2nd goal he creates space himself. And he used to be quite wasteful even on counter attacks

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

He was always great on counter attacks. 

Both 2nd and 3rd goal, he has shitload of space. 

He struggles against packed defences.

his pace made the space

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Every striker struggles against packed defences. The 2nd goal he creates space himself. And he used to be quite wasteful even on counter attacks

Aguero is nice example of very allround striker that can move well around parked buses. Obviously thats big part of how city plays, but Jesus for example is nowhwere near that.

He was wasteful on counters indeed, but at the same time that was his greatest strength. His bigger issues are close ball control and composure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vesper said:

his pace made the space

You hardly get this much space in PL against the likes of Burnley or Newcastle where 8 players stands around penalty area for most parts of the game. Thats why there just arent this many goals like the one Werner scored.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

You hardly get this much space in PL against the likes of Burnley or Newcastle where 8 players stands around penalty area for most parts of the game. Thats why there just arent this many goals like the one Werner scored.  

You eventually get space against any team, or you can make it yourself. Pace s not just limited to 60 metre runs. Werner has explosive bursting speed as well.

None of it matters for us (unless we meet him in the CL in the future), as we are not going to get him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Vesper said:

You eventually get space against any team, or you can make it yourself. Pace s not just limited to 60 metre runs. Werner has explosive bursting speed as well.

None of it matters for us (unless we meet him in the CL in the future), as we are not going to get him.

He would get some space naturaly, but nowhere near enough to make him deadly striker with 20+ goals because we are now possesion based and we force opponents to park the bus.

Secondly, leipzig plays with two strikers and that already gives Werner even more space than single striker system.

He would be tailor made to our counter attacking team back in the day,  but nowdays we need someone ala Firmino or Aguero who are great with ball at their feet. Werner main issue is exactly that and thats why he is still in Leipzig despite racking up nice number of goals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/08/2019 at 7:52 AM, Vesper said:

here are the highlights

 

https://yfl.veuclips.com/player/html/GIAwLSsyVP?popup=yes&autoplay=1

 

he is turning into a magnificent striker

I'm huge fan of Werner he's one of the best finishers in the Germany league I hope he goes to Bayern Munich picture Liverpool signing him they would be scary with Lewandowski signing a new contract he might not want to go there or fingers crossed marina puts a bid in for him and German icon ballack can talk to him about going to Chelsea :D

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, the wes said:

I'm huge fan of Werner he's one of the best finishers in the Germany league I hope he goes to Bayern Munich picture Liverpool signing him they would be scary with Lewandowski signing a new contract he might not want to go there or fingers crossed marina puts a bid in for him and German icon ballack can talk to him about going to Chelsea :D

Robert Lewandowski criticizes Bayern squad: "Need players who can help immediately"

https://www.goal.com/de/meldungen/robert-lewandowski-kritisiert-kader-fc-bayern-sane-transfers/1n5qjjgm68kby1ahirdqvcba6c

 

'It's not his business' - Lewandowski slammed by Bayern chief for transfer criticism

https://www.goal.com/en/news/its-not-his-business-lewandowski-slammed-by-bayern-chief-for/1dazo5g3ketzq1piz6wuzmwg8e

 

Hasan Salihamidzic says Robert Lewandowski should not “worry about my job”

Bayern Munich’s sporting director Hasan Salihamdzic says Robert Lewandowski should not make transfer demands.

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2019/9/2/20844734/bayern-munich-sporting-director-hasan-salihamidzic-robert-lewandowski-transfer-window

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Robert Lewandowski criticizes Bayern squad: "Need players who can help immediately"

https://www.goal.com/de/meldungen/robert-lewandowski-kritisiert-kader-fc-bayern-sane-transfers/1n5qjjgm68kby1ahirdqvcba6c

 

'It's not his business' - Lewandowski slammed by Bayern chief for transfer criticism

https://www.goal.com/en/news/its-not-his-business-lewandowski-slammed-by-bayern-chief-for/1dazo5g3ketzq1piz6wuzmwg8e

 

Hasan Salihamidzic says Robert Lewandowski should not “worry about my job”

Bayern Munich’s sporting director Hasan Salihamdzic says Robert Lewandowski should not make transfer demands.

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2019/9/2/20844734/bayern-munich-sporting-director-hasan-salihamidzic-robert-lewandowski-transfer-window

 

 

I don't really know what he wants? Pavard, Hernandez, Coutinho is not good enough transfer window for him? Plus Tolisso is like a new player since he didn't play last year. 

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I don't really know what he wants? Pavard, Hernandez, Coutinho is not good enough transfer window for him? Plus Tolisso is like a new player since he didn't play last year. 

You should check a few Real Madrid forums or sites. They spent 300m on Hazard, Jovic, Mendy, Militao...and their fans are crazy furious about how "bad" the transfer window was for them. I guess if they bought Pogba, Eriksen, Neymar and Bruno, you would still find couple of them being pissed for not signing a few more.

Vesper, manpe, NikkiCFC and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

You should check a few Real Madrid forums or sites. They spent 300m on Hazard, Jovic, Mendy, Militao...and their fans are crazy furious about how "bad" the transfer window was for them. I guess if they bought Pogba, Eriksen, Neymar and Bruno, you would still find couple of them being pissed for not signing a few more.

Anytime we meet a person and football comes up with them, if they say they are either Barca or RM fans, the there is at least a 90% plus chance that they know FUCKALL about footie.

manpe likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Anytime we meet a person and football comes up with them, if they say they are either Barca or RM fans, the there is at least a 90% plus chance that they know FUCKALL about footie.

Haha true because its mainstream to be a fan of those two clubs even if you dont know what football is. 

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.