test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Atholy

Dries Mertens

Started by Atholy,

Started his topic in October 2011 but it is locked now :)

Back then he was a steal... now you will pay a good amount of cash for him. Just scored 4 goals in his today game against Torino. That makes 7 goals in 2 games & back to back hattricks in the Serie A.

He's a perfect false 9 and has a very good link up with Eden! Am I the only one that would still go for him?

Oh yeah he also humiliated Hart with that last goal!! World Class.

Check it our from 5.00min in the highlights!

9 minutes ago, Atholy said:

Oh yeah he also humiliated Hart with that last goal!! World Class.

I'm not sure if it was intentional :)

Great player though, but I wouldn't go for him, there are better options. He's been playing well since Milik injured but generally I don't think that he is much better than Senor Rodrigez.

16 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

I'm not sure if it was intentional :)

Great player though, but I wouldn't go for him, there are better options. He's been playing well since Milik injured but generally I don't think that he is much better than Senor Rodrigez.

Check this out: one month ago in the WC qualifier against Estonia. I can tell you that it was intentional :)

He needs to add consistency to his game, he has terrific heights and terrible lows. He does have an eye for goal though

6 hours ago, Atholy said:

Check this out: one month ago in the WC qualifier against Estonia. I can tell you that it was intentional :)

This one was intentional for sure, but I'm still not sure about the one against Torino.

But whatever, it doesn't make any difference. It was a goal, it counted, no need to explain it.

3 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

Rumours going Conte wants him, but probably a lot of players will be linked to us coming months..

I seen a few reports linked him to us he's hada fantastic season with Napoli he could make a good back up 

I've seen him play many times. Nothing special, I'll rather have Mahrez. Way too inconsistent and has too many brainfarts/poor decision making moments. Actually, he's not better than Pedro or Willian, I don't care what his stats say (besides playing as a false 9 or whatever). 

Johnnyeye, 11Drogba, the wes and 1 other like this

On 13.5.2017 at 9:43 PM, MrExcalibur100 said:

I've seen him play many times. Nothing special, I'll rather have Mahrez. Way too inconsistent and has too many brainfarts/poor decision making moments. Actually, he's not better than Pedro or Willian, I don't care what his stats say (besides playing as a false 9 or whatever). 

You hear this a lot from him but actually I can't imagine. He has scored 34 goals this season. 34 goals coming from some kind of left wing/hybrid striker position those are CR7 kind of numbers. how can you be inconsistent when you produce this kind of ouptut statistically? The few times I saw him he was immense, I mean balon d'or candidate amazing, scoring out of nowhere and dribbling around like hazard. 

Leif and Johnnyeye like this

Each time I've seen him it's been painful, because it's obvious 80% of his career has been wasted by him not being deployed as much of a goal orientated player.

He's learned all the movement and trickery you can learn being a wing player - and taking that up front, and by chance being a very fine finisher, is exciting.