• Matic
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Ivanovic (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

36 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I agree. Don't think for a second this is a moan. It's only stating the obvious we aren't playing as well than say, a month ago.

I think Fabregas will eventually end up gaining a spot back in the first XI. The problem I see is we have no control of the midfield. Obviously Conte sees it to. Palace dominating us is kinda sad to watch. 

Think i had a conversation with you about the lack of quality passers in our back 3 and 2 man midfield about a month ago.

Teams have simply figured that out aswell. They're sitting extremely deep and are focusing their attention on our front 3 and 2 wingbacks and allowing Cahill, Azpi, Kante and Matic time on the ball.

You basically want what Azpi did for our goal today. Push forward into space. Force them to deal with you and if they don't, punish them and deliver that final ball.

Fabregas should indeed be starting ( against the weaker teams) but it's frustrating that we again find ourselves having to pick between Matic and Fabregas. They both offers us something extra on one side of the pitch but they weaken us on the other end.

In the summer we really need to be looking for a playmaker that can spray those passes while still being able to defend properly.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You on crack folks? It's bloody 11 on the trot and you still moaning about this and that? Third game in the space of only six days of course it was not going to be an easy game. We're on course to finish the year with 13 wins in a row can't believe there is some of you trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. 

They said we should be lucky if we finish top 4 come May, they said three at the back is never going to work in England, they said David Luiz is a clown and Marcos Alonso a Sunderland reject, they said Conte is going to get the sack by the end of the season. Here we are top of the league, nine points clear with a passionate manager in charge and a happy squad. Great times to be a Chelsea fan   :beer: :beer::beer:

Just now, petre.ispirescu said:

You on crack folks? It's bloody 11 on the trot and you still moaning about this and that? Third game in the space of only six days of course it was not going to be an easy game. We're on course to finish the year with 13 wins in a row can't believe there is some of you trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. 

They said we should be lucky if we finish top 4 come May, they said three at the back is never going to work in England, they said David Luiz is a clown and Marcos Alonso a Sunderland reject, they said Conte is going to get the sack by the end of the season. Here we are top of the league, nine points clear with a passionate manager in charge and a happy squad. Great times to be a Chelsea fan   :beer: :beer::beer:

Always think on how to improve.

Good to win, first half made me think that we could lose for a few moments, but CP didn't generate shots on goal. Very nice match from Alonso BTW. Azpi, MotM for me.

Time for those transfers in. We are looking weaker and it's NOT because of the schedule; it's because we don't do enough with build-up play (same old Chelsea).  We're still just a counterattacking side that relies heavily upon Diego and Eden. We need more than that.

If we get another CM in the lineup with Kante, we can play Cesc a little more as a third CM, which I think we should do while we still have him.

Looks like that streak is ready to end, but then again, Chalobah is surely getting a start next game. No way in hell it's Matic and Fabregas (throw Ivanovic in for good measure???).

4 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Pretty sure we have a manager in charge that says this word - "improve" - in almost all of his interviews so I think it's safe to say we're in good hands. 

Yes, so why you bemoans that fans do the same and figure out how to improve? 

1 hour ago, petre.ispirescu said:

To be fair, I can see where they are coming from and I don't think you can deny it either. Our performance level - mainly going forward - has dropped in the last 3 games and we did just enough - especially against West Brom - to win those 3 games. That being said, playing well and battering opponents week in week out aren't realistic, not in the Premier League. On top of that, I don't think we're at the level and/or have the team to be able to do that against every team, even more so when you consider the nationality of our manager. Certain amount of games - particularly away from home - are bound to be somewhat of a war of attrition.

What has impressed me the most in the last 3 games, when we weren't effective offensively, is that we were always in control of the game. Didn't do anything silly, didn't give any chances away, played and probed for the right chance to score (part of me is curious over what we would have done had we not scored against WBA when we did. If it was still 0-0 after 85 mins, would we have done something drastic?). There wasn't anything panicky to what we do, even in the latter stages of matches. Always calm and composed. Obviously we should be looking to kill teams long before the end but that 'keeping your cool under pressure' and the 'know-how' mentality/trait that Conte has instilled in the squad will serve us well going forward.

I'm very pleased with that hard fought win, although it came at a price. That being the suspensions for both Costa and Kante. I know that Costa has been ridiculously good this season. But it will be nice to see Michy get a run out for a change he's been rather unlucky to have not played more games.

The loss of Kante will be tremendous though, because I don't think we have anyone on the team that can do what Kante does for us. So it will be interesting to see what Conte does for the defensive midfield area for the Bournemouth game. He'll probably go back to the tried and tested partnership of Fabregas and Matic. I could totally understand that although it would be good to see Chalobah in there as well.

13 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Yes, so why you bemoans that fans do the same and figure out how to improve? 

I'm saying it's not everyday you win 11 in a row (normally it should be 13 by the time we face Spurs in January) so I think we should enjoy this as much as we can and let the tactical talk to the manager and his staff. Chelsea clearly have a manager that knows what he is doing at the moment and I have no doubt he'd be the first to figure out if and when his tactics get found out.

Do I care at the moment that Chelsea do not look as ruthless as one month ago? Am I worried that clubs might figure out how to stop Chelsea at some point? I do not, nor am I worried because of the manager in charge and his approach. He's had the balls to drop the veterans, change the tactics and introduce new players into the starting eleven, play them at their strenghts. He is also going to be the first one to bail as out as soon as we hit a rough patch so as a Chelsea fan I'm just enjoying this brilliant moments we're living now with a few beers and a lot of enthusiasm. Tactical matters belong to the people in charge, if your average fan can see some problems in the team's tactics, be sure that Conte sees them, too.

It's Sunday morning already, players have a day off as we speak, but is this the case for Antonio Conte as well? The football maniac in him tells me he's already watched the Palace game on repeat already.

I've not had this feeling of joy in a long long while and I advise you to do the same. Let the people in charge worry about things, they certainly know better than us what needs to be done and not.