test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

closed Crystal Palace 0-1 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   57 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Luiz
    • Cahill
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Matic
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Ivanovic (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

227 posts in this topic

Crystal Palace 0-1 Chelsea
PRE/POST-MATCH DISCUSSION, LIVE CHAT AND ANALYSIS

Cesc+Fabregas+Sunderland+v+Chelsea+Premi

2016/17 Premier League Match 17
17th December, Saturday, 2016
Selhurst Park
12:30 Kick Off (UK time)

It is nice beating the teams who beat us last year..Though that's most of them lol so hopefully this will be another one :-D 

Though as bad as they have been Sunderland was hardly a easy game..need to work on our finishing!

And hopefully can be 9 clear when everyone else kicks off..11 in a row be nice :-D 

Call me a pessimist, but I feel dropped points for this one. Some of the players are looking a little tired, and this will be the third match in one week.

my hope is some of the bench players have been performing well in training and can give some players time off.

Then again, if they can just get through this match, they can rest up. No matches until Boxing Day. 

Like kmk108 above, feel like we're going to drop points in this game. Palace, under Pardew, always seem tricky and never quite know what you're going to get with them. I do expect us to score though, given their horrendous defensive record (gotta exploit them at set pieces!), but we have to be way more clinical in the final third than we were at Sunderland.

Crystal Palace have scored the most goals out of any team that isn't in the top 4. So unlike the last game we may need more than one goal to put them away. On the plus side, they have only kept 2 clean sheets in their last 21 Premier League games.

Yeah agree with what's been said wouldn't be surprised if we dropped points..Hopefully by drawing rather then losing. if manage 12 would be happy surprised..although winning and not playing well is good some times it does catch up and can see it being Saturday. even so still top for Christmas :-) 

8 hours ago, Jason said:

Like kmk108 above, feel like we're going to drop points in this game. Palace, under Pardew, always seem tricky and never quite know what you're going to get with them. I do expect us to score though, given their horrendous defensive record (gotta exploit them at set pieces!), but we have to be way more clinical in the final third than we were at Sunderland.

They were tricky in his first year but since then (the rut started in this fixture last season for them funnily enough)  they have been shite and reapeadtedly walked all over like a doormat, would be truly pissed if we drop points here even with potential tiredness, would be even more annoying than Swansea.

BoyBlue96 likes this

4 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Palace stand 16th for a reason. No excuses. Must win. 

Only because of their defence they're actually in the top 5 for goals scored this season.

P GF GFAv 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10+ Form
1 Liverpool 16 40 2.50 3 1 5 2 3 1 1         602323
2 Arsenal 16 37 2.31 2 4 1 6 2 1           113531
3 Chelsea 16 34 2.12 1 4 6 3 1 1           512311
3 Manchester City 16 34 2.12 1 4 6 2 3             122122
5 Crystal Palace 16 28 1.75 3 5 3 3 2             214331

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2016-2017/attack

They've been shit, but again, those teams always seem to put up a fight against us. I expect a tight match, but a win nonetheless.

another tough game, the team needs to be very focused for this one, Pardew´s teams are always a mystery to me, i hate them, despite not playing so well they tend to have their game of the season against Chelsea, they do have some good players and will be playing in front of their home fans so it won´t be easy at all, some tired legs are starting to show on our players, and i expect Palace to close up spaces for us just like West Brom and Sunderland did to try to frustrate us, don´t forget its a derby game, they are unpredictable, so we definitely need to make the most of our chances and try to put the game to bed to avoid any heartaches, we are in a 10 game winning streak and while i would love for us to keep this momentum going, i´m being down to earth and realise that we can´t win every game and a slip up is bound to happen, so there is no need to hit the panic button if things don´t go our way, but we have a genuine chance to go 9 points clear before our rivals play, it would be massive, so the team needs to be ready and focused for this one, give their all to try and get the desired 3 points and then they can rest properly for boxing day. Cheers mates and goodluck

kellzfresh likes this