test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Muzchap

Steve Holland

Started by Muzchap,

22 posts in this topic
20 minutes ago, Tomo said:

There's a lot of theories about just why Ray was sacked (including leaving skid marks in Roman's toilet :lol: ), one that sounds quite plausible is that when Roman was getting concerned about the performances Wilkins replied with something like "we've just won the double, how much more do you want?". I could see Roman saw that as a sign of complacency and resting on the laurels.

Lmao, that's one I haven't heard. 

Yeah the 09/10 double will always be one of the most bittersweet victories, akin to 2014/15. A lot of problems were fairly evident in those teams looking to the season forward, but completely overlooked by those title victories. Pity because our CL win of 2012 did trigger an overhaul.

Tomo likes this

38 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Lmao, that's one I haven't heard. 

Yeah the 09/10 double will always be one of the most bittersweet victories, akin to 2014/15. A lot of problems were fairly evident in those teams looking to the season forward, but completely overlooked by those title victories. Pity because our CL win of 2012 did trigger an overhaul.

The CL win was set up by someone in the sky, there's literally no other way to explain how we kept surviving in those Barca and Bayern games. The two title wins we were the best team by far in the league so its easy to see why we got complacent.