test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Muzchap

Steve Holland

Started by Muzchap,

22 posts in this topic

Surprised there's not already a thread on Steve (please move if there is)

So the non-footballing geniuses at the FA have decided that Steve cannot do his Chelsea job and the Part-Time Assistant Manager job at the same time and he's set to leave Chelsea at the end of the season (where we could conceivably be champions)

I'm really worried about this - I remember when Butch (Ray Wilkins) left - our form dipped considerably 

It's just a ridiculous situation - it benefits both parties to have Steve employed in 2 roles and ensures he remains sharp - whilst also getting exposure to other English talent and perhaps differing methods of training and preparation for knockout games - which would certainly help us in the Cup and CL league.

Seriously considering a petition for Chelsea and England fans - anybody else interested in signing? 

Or do people think a change of blood could be good? Interested to know.

Fulham Broadway likes this

He is really choosing a part-time England job over his Chelsea job where he is never fired no matter if the manager is fired?
I saw that Zola is maybe gonna be the new assistant and, while he is a legend, I'm still not convinced. Holland has done a good job and why fix something thats not broken?

Muzchap likes this

I suppose he's thinking that once he's in the senior England fold, then he'll be in line to get the big job once Southgate's gone which will inevitably happen after the World Cup or next Euros. He's never going to get the main job at ours, but surely having the role he's held with us for so long is a bigger job in football nowadays than the one he's leaving us for ? Seems strange he can't just keep combining the roles full-time as well -unless the FA have given him a nod and a wink....

Muzchap likes this

32 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I suppose he's thinking that once he's in the senior England fold, then he'll be in line to get the big job once Southgate's gone which will inevitably happen after the World Cup or next Euros. He's never going to get the main job at ours, but surely having the role he's held with us for so long is a bigger job in football nowadays than the one he's leaving us for ? Seems strange he can't just keep combining the roles full-time as well -unless the FA have given him a nod and a wink....

As I understand it the FA have forced him to give up Chelsea if he wants to remain as Assistant Manager. 

Every footballing person has said he can do both jobs easily 

This is what happens when our national game is run by non-footballing persons!

Fulham Broadway likes this

2 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

As I understand it the FA have forced him to give up Chelsea if he wants to remain as Assistant Manager. 

And petulant twats making stupid complaints

42 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

True ! As I understand it Ingerland only have 2 games in March. So should be minimum disruption. We don't know how much Holland wants out -eg he might have got wind that Abramovich is going to go on one of his sacking sprees. Anyway it will give CFC enough time to sort something out for next season. I see it as like when a couple split up, you have her story, his story, and the truth is somewhere in between...

Muzchap likes this

20 hours ago, Muzchap said:

Surprised there's not already a thread on Steve (please move if there is)

So the non-footballing geniuses at the FA have decided that Steve cannot do his Chelsea job and the Part-Time Assistant Manager job at the same time and he's set to leave Chelsea at the end of the season (where we could conceivably be champions)

I'm really worried about this - I remember when Butch (Ray Wilkins) left - our form dipped considerably 

It's just a ridiculous situation - it benefits both parties to have Steve employed in 2 roles and ensures he remains sharp - whilst also getting exposure to other English talent and perhaps differing methods of training and preparation for knockout games - which would certainly help us in the Cup and CL league.

Seriously considering a petition for Chelsea and England fans - anybody else interested in signing? 

Or do people think a change of blood could be good? Interested to know.

We were rubbish with Ray that season, him leaving and it finally starting showing in the results was just a coincidence, and furthermore listening to him in commentary since he has left makes me wonder how the hell he got the job in the first place.

As for the Holland, didn't McLaren actually manage Boro and be England assistant, so why are the FA so against it now? Holland must be almost blindly patriotic or have a solid as fuck friendship with Southgate, can't think of any reason he would chose England considering the direction the respective teams are going in.

Muzchap and Ryan Fong like this

26 minutes ago, Tomo said:

We were rubbish with Ray that season, him leaving and it finally starting showing in the results was just a coincidence, and furthermore listening to him in commentary since he has left makes me wonder how the hell he got the job in the first place.

Think Wilkins was there more for his relationship management skills as opposed to his football coaching skills. He was like the main link between Ancelotti and the players back then.

Muzchap likes this

We have a new era of players, so I'm fine with a new era of staff. If Cech, Lamps, Cole & co were still here, this would be mindblowingly stupid. But with our lack of English players especially, Holland is no longer a guy who's going to motivate and inspire our players, in my opinion. He'll never manage a good Premier League team either, he comes off as one of the world's most boring men. What he offered our youth back then (a down-to-earth, nothing-but-football mind) helped us. What he offers us now doesn't.

Unionjack likes this

33 minutes ago, Leif said:

We have a new era of players, so I'm fine with a new era of staff. If Cech, Lamps, Cole & co were still here, this would be mindblowingly stupid. But with our lack of English players especially, Holland is no longer a guy who's going to motivate and inspire our players, in my opinion. He'll never manage a good Premier League team either, he comes off as one of the world's most boring men. What he offered our youth back then (a down-to-earth, nothing-but-football mind) helped us. What he offers us now doesn't.

From what i've read  the wankers main bitch is that we would get an unfair advantage of England players injuries.

Fuckin ridiculous. We would get exact same unfair informaton freom any player we had in the team if it made the slightest bit of differtence.

Theyre now thinking about taking legal action for 'tapping up' Nya Kirby.

Whiney twats.

Chelsea pulled out of Nya Kirby transfer after Tottenham threat

http://sportslens.com/chelsea-pulled-out-of-nya-kirby-transfer-after-tottenham-threat/203892/

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Think Wilkins was there more for his relationship management skills as opposed to his football coaching skills. He was like the main link between Ancelotti and the players back then.

That maybe, but that storm was already brewing up when Ray was there and our season was going to collapse regardless.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

That maybe, but that storm was already brewing up when Ray was there and our season was going to collapse regardless.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

I swear, sometimes I think your main purpose on this forum is to debug any myth of Ancelotti and his tenure here. Those were just short 2 years but I've already seen ~100 posts from you, dispelling any misinformation that was created from left to right, top to bottom. 

Not that I disagree ofc. Good life goal that.

Muzchap likes this

6 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

I swear, sometimes I think your main purpose on this forum is to debug any myth of Ancelotti and his tenure here. Those were just short 2 years but I've already seen ~100 posts from you, dispelling any misinformation that was created from left to right, top to bottom. 

It's 'debunk' not 'debug' - sorry I'm a pedantic arsehole 😂😂😂

6 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

The 10/11 season mentally and emotionally ruined me as a fan, so when i see it being passed off as a decent season just because we somehow finished 2nd it does set off a trigger i must admit. I like Carlo as a man and grateful for the double but i still can't get my head around how such an expierenced manager let things get so bad.

Muzchap, The Skipper and Peace. like this

I'd see why Holland would leave. There seems to be this 'project' brewing within the England setup with Southgate and Holland, from their work with the u21s and the senior team now. He's been at Chelsea a while and as FB said, he probably knows he's unlikely to be getting the top job here anytime soon. If we win the league then it will be a great way for him to leave I suppose. 

I don't buy into the Wilkins theory either. The circumstances were different and the timing of that was more bizarre because of the lack of information and theories about backroom politics were prominent. At least here you can see a clear reason why Holland would leave. We produce good coaches from a youth level perspective anyway; see Clarke, Rogers, Drummy now starting his career. They can blood Viveash in next. 

14 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

I'd see why Holland would leave. There seems to be this 'project' brewing within the England setup with Southgate and Holland, from their work with the u21s and the senior team now. He's been at Chelsea a while and as FB said, he probably knows he's unlikely to be getting the top job here anytime soon. If we win the league then it will be a great way for him to leave I suppose. 

I don't buy into the Wilkins theory either. The circumstances were different and the timing of that was more bizarre because of the lack of information and theories about backroom politics were prominent. At least here you can see a clear reason why Holland would leave. We produce good coaches from a youth level perspective anyway; see Clarke, Rogers, Drummy now starting his career. They can blood Viveash in next. 

There's a lot of theories about just why Ray was sacked (including leaving skid marks in Roman's toilet :lol: ), one that sounds quite plausible is that when Roman was getting concerned about the performances Wilkins replied with something like "we've just won the double, how much more do you want?". I could see Roman saw that as a sign of complacency and resting on the laurels.