test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Captain Ahmed

Jay Dasilva

Started by Captain Ahmed,

40 posts in this topic
9 hours ago, Leif said:

Just watch his games. Go back and watch him playing alongside the likes of Christensen or even Terry when he played some games for the youth on the road back to recovery, and you'll see he's far, far closer to their shoulders/eyebrows/whatnot than Kante is beside the same players, for example. 

Chelsea had him listed as 5'4 only in a 2014/2015 youth yearbook when he was 15/16. And many noted the following seasons he'd started getting bigger. I can't find an official Chelsea record from this or last year that states his height. So, no records since the time he was literally too young to buy cigarettes. I was 5'4 then too :wub:

 

The year book is from this season as you can see in that tweet and as Stats confirmed. So you're wrong. Don't let facts get in the way though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

I can't believe Charlton took him on loan fully knowing his height issue and then not playing him because of his height issues. Must be something else.

They took him on loan because he was impressive for our U23 and is obviously very talented but after being seen in training, maybe their manager feels he is not ready physically imo. Playing at U23 and then going to play in a big mens league is totally different. Even if Charlton have a game in weekend then in week, he still does not get game time. Maybe the manager feels he is not as good as was expected to be but I feel his height is what will restrain him unfortunately. Really bizarre that he can't get into a struggling League 1 team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO our biggest prospect. Had a shaky start to his loan (Charlton Athletic); has turned into the team's best player according to fans. It was stupid to loan him to League 1.

jernej93 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, wasn't a fan of him going back to league 1. All well and good him doing well but..if we're serious about his ceiling being a part of this squad he has a hell of a long way to go, and he's already 20, turning 21 this year I believe ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2018 at 2:14 PM, Leif said:

IMO our biggest prospect. Had a shaky start to his loan (Charlton Athletic); has turned into the team's best player according to fans. It was stupid to loan him to League 1.

We can be sure that the club arranged the best loan they could. Why would they send him to a lower status club if a higher level team wanted him, and were offering realistic prospects that he’d actually play? If the place he’s being offered minutes is in League 1, it’s League 1. Playing at Charlton is more useful than sitting on the bench for a better team .

What counts is that Jay performs well enough at whatever level he’s in to earn progression.

The Skipper and jernej93 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

We can be sure that the club arranged the best loan they could. Why would they send him to a lower status club if a higher level team wanted him, and were offering realistic prospects that he’d actually play? If the place he’s being offered minutes is in League 1, it’s League 1. Playing at Charlton is better than sitting on the bench for a better team .

What counts is that Jay performs well enough at whatever level he’s in to earn progression.

Agree. We sent Wallace to Intern Milan which was ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

Agree. We sent Wallace to Intern Milan which was ridiculous.

Not quite as ridiculous as having signed him in the first place, but yes, I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Has won POTS at Charlton and although hard to keep track of him at league one in general (just going off Charlton fans’ tweets about him) he seems a fan favourite. Ngl I wasn’t that happy he stayed in league one and there are some negatives in not pushing for aggressive loans but I think with Jay now we can see the benefits of establishing yourself at a level. Championship/maybe go abroad next challenge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems hes very highly thought of by Lee Bowyer as well as their fans.Must be something we have to look at closely. MIGHT be best to continue his training in house now. Hes had lots of game experience and very match fit.  If hes better than Cashley was at that age hes got to have summet about him Looks a bit like cashley too eh

Chelsea academy star Jay Dasilva ‘better than Ashley Cole was at the same age’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5709653/Lee-Bowyer-Chelsea-loanee-Jay-Dasilva-better-Ashley-Cole-was.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love to see him here next season. 

 

Looks good going forward and has the pace to not get beaten. Knowing our club, he will be kept out due to his height despite being a great prospect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Thor said:

Would love to see him here next season. 

 

Looks good going forward and has the pace to not get beaten. Knowing our club, he will be kept out due to his height despite being a great prospect. 

He can't get into the Bristol City team at the moment. That is the only thing that managers seems to have as a caution when it comes to Jay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Stats said:

He can't get into the Bristol City team at the moment. That is the only thing that managers seems to have as a caution when it comes to Jay.

Not sure if thats just down to Jay or youth in general specially loanees.

Unless the manager knows the lad hes getting it will always be difficult to break thru unless of course barring imjuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Not sure if thats just down to Jay or youth in general specially loanees.

Unless the manager knows the lad hes getting it will always be difficult to break thru unless of course barring imjuries.

They sold their no.1 LB in Bryan to Fulham. I assumed it was going to be like for like swap. But not the case. Last season, was a bit skeptical that he went on loan to League 1 rather than the Championship when he had been performing for us in our youth teams for a few seasons. He will get a lot of starts but look at players like Reece James who is a couple years younger but starting every game for Wigan in the same league. He is a lot more built. I just don't see him coming back into the fold if he is not starting every game over there.

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Stats said:

They sold their no.1 LB in Bryan to Fulham. I assumed it was going to be like for like swap. But not the case. Last season, was a bit skeptical that he went on loan to League 1 rather than the Championship when he had been performing for us in our youth teams for a few seasons. He will get a lot of starts but look at players like Reece James who is a couple years younger but starting every game for Wigan in the same league. He is a lot more built. I just don't see him coming back into the fold if he is not starting every game over there.

Very difficult to get that right balance of young and old. Specially in a team thats expected to fight for silverware every year. Much easier to experiment with youth in a regular mid table club with few expectations apart from maybe a cup run.

Stats likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give it time. Dasilva is on the lower range of normal (as opposed to being some sort of anomaly) for a full back at 5”7, the LB he is replacing at Bristol, Joe Bryan, is also 5”7. Could make a massive list of top full backs around present and past who are between 5”7 and 5”9 in height. Jay was ridiculously short in his youth maybe about 5”3 (maybe where people still think he’s *too* short from) but luckily he’s had a growth spurt since. 

 

Its a shame he hasn’t been starting from the off at Bristol, no doubt in part because we sent him there when they’d already started their season. I don’t get why we do that especially with our high profile/more talented loanees like Jay..can see with James, Trev and Sterling who are all starting what the benefits of a full pre season with a new team can do. Still Jay had this problem in his first few games at Charlton and eventually broke through, let’s hope he does the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.