Jay Dasilva

Captain Ahmed

8 hours ago, Leif said:

Just watch his games. Go back and watch him playing alongside the likes of Christensen or even Terry when he played some games for the youth on the road back to recovery, and you'll see he's far, far closer to their shoulders/eyebrows/whatnot than Kante is beside the same players, for example. 

Chelsea had him listed as 5'4 only in a 2014/2015 youth yearbook when he was 15/16. And many noted the following seasons he'd started getting bigger. I can't find an official Chelsea record from this or last year that states his height. So, no records since the time he was literally too young to buy cigarettes. I was 5'4 then too :wub:

I have the 2016/2017 handbook. It still has him listed as 5'4. I have not noticed him get bigger. Maybe put on weight but still looks very diminutive imo. There are prob a range of reasons why he is hardly seeing action at Charlton but I am sure the physical/height side of it is a huge factor.

11 minutes ago, Stats said:

I have the 2016/2017 handbook. It still has him listed as 5'4. I have not noticed him get bigger. Maybe put on weight but still looks very diminutive imo. There are prob a range of reasons why he is hardly seeing action at Charlton but I am sure the physical/height side of it is a huge factor.

I can't believe Charlton took him on loan fully knowing his height issue and then not playing him because of his height issues. Must be something else.

9 hours ago, Leif said:

Just watch his games. Go back and watch him playing alongside the likes of Christensen or even Terry when he played some games for the youth on the road back to recovery, and you'll see he's far, far closer to their shoulders/eyebrows/whatnot than Kante is beside the same players, for example. 

Chelsea had him listed as 5'4 only in a 2014/2015 youth yearbook when he was 15/16. And many noted the following seasons he'd started getting bigger. I can't find an official Chelsea record from this or last year that states his height. So, no records since the time he was literally too young to buy cigarettes. I was 5'4 then too :wub:

The year book is from this season as you can see in that tweet and as Stats confirmed. So you're wrong. Don't let facts get in the way though. 

35 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

I can't believe Charlton took him on loan fully knowing his height issue and then not playing him because of his height issues. Must be something else.

They took him on loan because he was impressive for our U23 and is obviously very talented but after being seen in training, maybe their manager feels he is not ready physically imo. Playing at U23 and then going to play in a big mens league is totally different. Even if Charlton have a game in weekend then in week, he still does not get game time. Maybe the manager feels he is not as good as was expected to be but I feel his height is what will restrain him unfortunately. Really bizarre that he can't get into a struggling League 1 team.

• 3 months later...

Charlton Athletic close to sealing loan deal for Chelsea defender
Read more at http://www.kentlive.news/charlton-athletic-close-to-sealing-loan-deal-for-chelsea-defender/story-30421017-detail/story.html#OSUcaKAgQJ8c20Ji.99

Can see Charlton doing well this season 

• 7 months later...

Yep, wasn't a fan of him going back to league 1. All well and good him doing well but..if we're serious about his ceiling being a part of this squad he has a hell of a long way to go, and he's already 20, turning 21 this year I believe ?

On 2/12/2018 at 2:14 PM, Leif said:

IMO our biggest prospect. Had a shaky start to his loan (Charlton Athletic); has turned into the team's best player according to fans. It was stupid to loan him to League 1.

We can be sure that the club arranged the best loan they could. Why would they send him to a lower status club if a higher level team wanted him, and were offering realistic prospects that he’d actually play? If the place he’s being offered minutes is in League 1, it’s League 1. Playing at Charlton is more useful than sitting on the bench for a better team .

What counts is that Jay performs well enough at whatever level he’s in to earn progression.

5 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

We can be sure that the club arranged the best loan they could. Why would they send him to a lower status club if a higher level team wanted him, and were offering realistic prospects that he’d actually play? If the place he’s being offered minutes is in League 1, it’s League 1. Playing at Charlton is better than sitting on the bench for a better team .

What counts is that Jay performs well enough at whatever level he’s in to earn progression.

Agree. We sent Wallace to Intern Milan which was ridiculous.

• 2 months later...

Has won POTS at Charlton and although hard to keep track of him at league one in general (just going off Charlton fans’ tweets about him) he seems a fan favourite. Ngl I wasn’t that happy he stayed in league one and there are some negatives in not pushing for aggressive loans but I think with Jay now we can see the benefits of establishing yourself at a level. Championship/maybe go abroad next challenge. 

Seems hes very highly thought of by Lee Bowyer as well as their fans.Must be something we have to look at closely. MIGHT be best to continue his training in house now. Hes had lots of game experience and very match fit.  If hes better than Cashley was at that age hes got to have summet about him Looks a bit like cashley too eh

Chelsea academy star Jay Dasilva ‘better than Ashley Cole was at the same age’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5709653/Lee-Bowyer-Chelsea-loanee-Jay-Dasilva-better-Ashley-Cole-was.html

• 3 months later...
18 hours ago, Thor said:

Would love to see him here next season. 

Looks good going forward and has the pace to not get beaten. Knowing our club, he will be kept out due to his height despite being a great prospect. 

He can't get into the Bristol City team at the moment. That is the only thing that managers seems to have as a caution when it comes to Jay.

18 minutes ago, Stats said:

He can't get into the Bristol City team at the moment. That is the only thing that managers seems to have as a caution when it comes to Jay.

Not sure if thats just down to Jay or youth in general specially loanees.

Unless the manager knows the lad hes getting it will always be difficult to break thru unless of course barring imjuries.