Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

I thought he had a decent game. Certainly not a slow player once he gets up and going. Big frame and can deliver a decent cross. Won't ever be world class but Conte can mould him into a solid LB/WB given enough playing time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/10/2016 at 10:19 PM, mccg said:

Him with Kennedy in front and move Hazard to behind striker nxt season seems the way forward ? 

I don't see any reason to put that much faith in Kennedy. More to the point, I don't imagine that Antonio would.

8 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I don't see any reason to put that much faith in Kennedy. More to the point, I don't imagine that Antonio would.

We will see , if not Kennedy then someone else but you will see more of number 10 role for Hazard im sure.

1 hour ago, mccg said:

We will see , if not Kennedy then someone else but you will see more of number 10 role for Hazard im sure.

You may be right about that. The objection was really just about my own opinion on Kennedy's qualities, not your idea as a whole. For me Kennedy is in example of an important improvement we need to make.

I understand what the club does with recruiting young players, particularly South Americans as early as the regulations permit. If we wait until they've proved their quality than our chances of recruiting them are dramatically reduced. Neymar is an example of a player we courted for years but who we never really had a chance of getting because he was already attracting the attention of clubs higher up the food chain than ourselves. 

It's a good plan to try to  beat the rush; to try to identify and sign players early. The problem is that we don't seem to be carrying it out very well. We have youngsters around the continent who are struggling to get games with teams who play several levels below the one to which we aspire. This suggests that we are not selecting well enough.

It could be that we are signing the best players who are available to us. It could be that we do identify better players but that somewhere between those players ambitions, and their current club's demands, our hopes of recruiting them fall apart. I think we all understand that the club is working in a very competitive market with one hand tied behind its back by UK employment laws. I question though if we should be so committed to pursuing this plan that we are prepared to sign players just because they are the ones we can get.

From the first time I watched Kennedy on YouTube I felt that he did not have the required quality and posted here to say so. I love the lad's attitude and his general hassle on the football pitch. If, however, the day ever comes when he's good enough to hold down an attacking role for Chelsea, it will be because we have become a less good side then we want to be. An even less good side than we are now.

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

From the first time I watched Kennedy on YouTube I felt that he did not have the required quality and posted here to say so. I love the lad's attitude and his general hassle on the football pitch. If, however, the day ever comes when he's good enough to hold down an attacking role for Chelsea, it will be because we have become a less good side then we want to be. An even less good side than we are now.

But don't you think that Kenedy would really excel in the current formation we are playing in as a LWB?