test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

Eduardo

Started by Jason,

27 posts in this topic

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/08/eduardo-transfer-completed.html

We can today (Thursday) confirm the signing of goalkeeper Eduardo from Dinamo Zagreb.

The 33-year-old was a part of Portugal’s triumphant Euro 2016 squad this summer and joins the Blues on a one-year contract following two seasons with the Croatian champions.

Eduardo said: ‘Having the opportunity to come to the Premier League and to Chelsea, to such a big club, it is an easy decision to make.

‘For me this is the best and the most difficult league and it is another level from where I have been until now. So it is a new challenge, at this moment I feel very good, so I am ready for this.

‘All the colleagues I have always say the dream is to come to the Premier League, where there are the best clubs and the best players, and the opportunity to come here arrived at this moment.

‘I am happy to be here and I hope I meet the expectations people have for me.’

Eduardo, full name Eduardo dos Reis Carvalho, played his youth football at Braga where he made his name as a first-team regular and progressed into the national team, making his Portugal debut in February 2009.

The 6ft 2ins stopper was first choice for his country at the World Cup in 2010, conceding just one goal in four matches. That summer he signed for Serie A side Genoa, where for a season he worked with Chelsea goalkeeping coach Gianluca Spinelli.

Eduardo has 35 international caps in total and will provide experienced cover and competition for Thibaut Courtois and Asmir Begovic.

I see he's only got a 1 year contract then. Cant have changed the over 30 rule then.

So would we only give Chielini a 1'er too IF we were lucky enough ............?

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Ladies and gentlemen, say hello to Chelsea's final signing of the summer 2016 transfer window!

:P

LMAO!:lol:

I'm laughing because you are probably right.

If y'all wanna have a right laugh, look at the responses when Chelsea Announced the signing on Twitter.  

Welcome Eduardo! Guess this means Begovic is out then? 

24 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

If y'all wanna have a right laugh, look at the responses when Chelsea Announced the signing on Twitter.  

He is gonna be our 3rd keeper

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Will he be like Amelia and never once see the pitch?

If he doesn't he doesn't but it's important to have a decentish third keeper to cover our backs, one that can come in against whoever and not be phased.

In recent ish times we have had to use our third choice vs Barca, Spurs, Arsenal, Inter and Liverpool, could you imagine facing those type of opponents with one of our academy lads? Would be carnage.

1 hour ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Possibly but if he's here to replace Begovic, then I'm sure we would have signed him on a contract longer than one year.