test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason

Werder Bremen 2-4 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

193 posts in this topic
Chelsea team today: Courtois, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta, Kante, Willian, Oscar, Matic, Hazard, Diego Costa.

Chelsea subs: Begovic, Blackman, Hector, Aina, Chalobah, Fabregas, Pedro, Moses, Cuadrado, Loftus-Cheek, Traore, Batshuayi.

4-3-3

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

So much for everyone's hope of seeing a Costa & Batshuayi striker partnership. 

Looks like the same tired, lame formation as we've been using for years. 

It's a 4-3-3.

killer1257 likes this

4 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

It's a 4-3-3.

Which is still very similar to a 4-2-3-1 with Oscar there. The only difference is Oscar wil play a deeper role. But when we're putting pressure on the opponent in the final 3rd, it's essentially the same thing.

Jesus Christ, it's basically the same team we've been seeing the past 3 years. Conte wanting to "assess" these players first is going to be his downfall. I like the Kante & Batshuayi signings but if I'm honest I think the entire team bar Courtois & Hazard is dispensable.

kellzfresh and Vybz Kartel like this

Jesus Christ, it's basically the same team we've been seeing the past 3 years. Conte wanting to "assess" these players first is going to be his downfall. I like the Kante & Batshuayi signings but if I'm honest I think the entire team bar Courtois & Hazard is dispensable.

Wouldn't go that far but 4 players in that I wouldn't mind never seeing play for us again. Depressing after the builup Ive given us in my head.

Gilvorak likes this

2 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Which is still very similar to a 4-2-3-1 with Oscar there. The only difference is Oscar wil play a deeper role. But when we're putting pressure on the opponent in the final 3rd, it's essentially the same thing.

Not even close the way the 4-3-3 works is completly different of course a lot depends on the manager.

The sack Conte crowd is already sharpening their tools :D Gonna be a fun ride.
Hope Carlo already adviced him about a possible next destination.

Unionjack likes this

4-1-4-1

- - - - - - -- Courtois - - - - - - -

Ivanovic - JT - Cahill - Azpilicueta

- - ----------- Matic--------- - - -

Willian - Kanté- - Oscar- - Hazard

----------------Diego--------------------

Blue_Fox_ likes this

I hope Matic is the one sitting deep in midfield. If it's Kante I can't help but feel he's being wasted there, should be one of the two CMs.

16 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Maybe if Ivanovic gets burned for pace a few times today Conte will see what all of us have for the last year.

But he gets burned for pace every time he runs.

9 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

You know what's interesting? Fabregas isn't starting! One useless lump of meat less :wub:

I want to see a Kant-Cescy. Cescy just needs time and space to do his joib. Matic/Mikel etc doesnt give it him.