Top Posters In This Topic

My lineup for the game againts Werder.

4-3-3

--------------------------Courtois-----------------------

Aina---------------Cahill----------Terry-------------Azpilicueta

--------------Fabregas-------Kante---------Chalobah---------

Cuadrado------------------Batshuayi---------------------Hazard

8 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I expect Conte to field the XI that will start against West Ham.

True, and unfortunately that'll probably mean all three of Ivanovic, Cahill, and Terry starting. <_<

True, and unfortunately that'll probably mean all three of Ivanovic, Cahill, and Terry starting. <_>

Sadly. I just hope the club are swift in announcing new defensive signings.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

True, and unfortunately that'll probably mean all three of Ivanovic, Cahill, and Terry starting. <_<

samurai-suicide_zpsq1ho9f9c.gif

You really would have thought after the implode last year that all the staffing issues would be sorted nice n swift. I keep hoping we got a manager that realizes just how bad it is back there.

Are we being too hard on them and Conte sees something nobody else in the Blue world sees?

I know they need help from the CDM and didn't get it last year but they surely must look at them individually at game time and realize we are in the shite!

So, is this close to the opening day lineup:

- - - - - - - Courtois - - - - - - -

Ivanovic - JT - Cahill - Azpilicueta

- - - Kante - - Cesc/Matic - - -

Willian/Cuadrado - - Batshuayi - - Costa - - Hazard

As for the rest of the season when Zouma is back:

With the typical bench of Traore, Oscar, Chalobah, Aina, Zouma (is there a spot for RLC or Moses?):

If we are looking for speed and more offense, you go with:

Aina - Zouma - Cahill - Azpilicueta

- - - Kante - - Chalobah - - -

Cuadrado - - Traore - - Costa - - Hazard

If we are looking to play defensively,you go with:

Zouma - JT - Cahill - Azpilicueta

- - - Kante - - Matic - - -

Willian - - Batshuayi - - Costa - - Hazard

More than another striker (Lukaku, etc), these lineups show the need for a BIG TIME RB or CB. Come on front office, make it happen. Get us a top notch defender before the season starts. I can live with Batshuayi, Traore and Costa up top throughout the season. With Kante, you can almost put him with anybody else (Chalobah, Matic, Cesc) and it is a pretty decent midfield. BUT our back line is dire (as we all know). More than anything, this was our biggest issue last season. Just look at the number of goals allowed. Yes, it is that simple. By the way, need a Begovic replacement too to back Courtois.

So, front office, we beg you, dole out some of Roman's cash and get us the RB or CB we need!!

As for Moses and RLC, are they kept or loaned out? I think Moses deserves a shot to stay though he will not see a lot of action.

Come on you Chelsea!!

Chelsea squad : Courtois, Begovic, Blackman, Ivanovic, Terry, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Hector, Aina, Kante, Matic, Fabregas, Oscar, Hazard, Willian, Chalobah, Pedro, Loftus-Cheek, Cuadrado, Moses, Costa, Basthuayi, Traore 

No Remy, Miazga and Kenedy... Should not be used by Conte in season.

Much better to have as options the Miazga and Kenedy than the horrible Cahill and Pedro.

--------------------------Courtois-----------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------Kante----------------------------

--Willian---Cesc---Chalobah--Oscar---Moses--

Cuadrado------Batshuayi---Costa--------Hazard

This has to be our starting line up 

23 man squad going to Werder BremenSad no Kenedy

Great to see Moses/Cuadrado. Want to see them both get 1/2 game together.
Want to see Chalobah/Kante/Cescy
Want to see a Costa/Bats and 1/2 game of Bats/Traore

GOALKEEPERS: Thibaut Courtois, Asmir Begovic, Jamal Blackman

DEFENDERS: Branislav Ivanovic, John Terry, Cesar Azpilicueta, Gary Cahill, Michael Hector, Ola Aina

MIDFIELDERS: N'Golo Kante, Nemanja Matic, Cesc Fabregas, Oscar, Eden Hazard, Willian, Nathaniel Chalobah, Pedro, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Juan Cuadrado, Victor Moses

STRIKERS: Diego Costa, Michy Batshuayi, Bertrand Traore

Will he give Michael Hector a start?

Dunno why Pedro is in the team except that he was only purchased last summer for a sizable sum. Maybe one last try?

We should just be keeping Cuadrado this season while selling Pedro and Oscar.

1 hour ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Chelsea-FC-formation-tactics.png

If you would've told me the day after last season that we'd go a whole summer without a defensive signing and line up opening weekend the following season with the exact same abysmal back 4 I'd have laughed at you and said we have the most incompetent board in Europe.

Yet here we are. Likely to line up with the same fucking terrible defense that embarrassed the club last season in just a few days time.

11 hours ago, Pizy said:

If you would've told me the day after last season that we'd go a whole summer without a defensive signing and line up opening weekend the following season with the exact same abysmal back 4 I'd have laughed at you and said we have the most incompetent board in Europe.

Yet here we are. Likely to line up with the same fucking terrible defense that embarrassed the club last season in just a few days time.

Yep, unfortunately a back four that I expect to be on the pitch, rather than a one that I would like to see.