N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

On 4/26/2017 at 11:25 AM, Gilvorak said:

Thought he was pretty terrible in the first half actually & that crazy run shouldn't change that. But hey, what do I know?

I think you're right. I was impressed by his second half performance. I need him to perform like that more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So... nobody going to criticise him, because he doesn't have shit haircuts and doesn't dab?

Utterly horrendous yesterday. It doesn't tarnish the stellar season he's had, but he was bloody awful yesterday. IMO, culpable for the second goal, and it was indecision between him and Costa which led to Sanchez' opener, too.

Been utterly useless yesterday.

Kantes biggest Assets are his Speed and Natural Athleticism ...

But the Mistakes he is able to make, are horrendous at times and cost us dearly.

Yesterday was not the first Time I saw him not being able to control the Ball properly, which led to our Opponents score Goals.

His Ball Losses are unbearable ... And his Passes into the Dark even more so. The Problem with Kante is, he got no Vision ... Hence he does not provide much going foreward.

And his clumsy Misunderstanding with Costa ... when he ran into him like a blind Donkey ... Unbearable .. Simply Unbearable.

I hope he manages to get himself together in the Future and work on his Weaknesses.

I feel like when 90% of a player's games are top performances it's disrespectful to write essays about how bad a game they had. Not every player deserves Mikel/Cahill/Matic treatment, not every player has played many 6/10 & below games for us. Those who have deserve the criticism. Those like Kante who have 3-4 bad games per season - that's less bad games than Ronaldo, Aguero, and others.

With him being PFA Player of year and so on or whatever the two awards he won, he has set himself a standard. Expect more from him. I don't want him to be known as a player who simply chases down and wins tackles because as yesterday shown, on big occasions we need more from our individual players on the ball. He did not impose himself yesterday at all. The performance I saw from Xhaka yesterday is the performance I want to see from our CM. Kante has been brilliant but still think he is sometimes treated as God. He has had games like this where you expect more from him. Yesterday was not the first but anytime our midfield gets ran through, Matic seems to get all the stick and it's not fair because Kante is as culpable and with the levels Kante has set, you would expect him to be more of a figure on the pitch.

If we play 34 games in a season, I expect 30 top, solid performances from Kante. That's the standard he's set. To be consistent.

But we get more than that.

We get borderline MOTM performances in 30/34 games. We get a player who while playing the most defensive role in the league, has inspired those around him to vote him the best player among his peers.

Kante gives us a lot more than what I thought we were getting when we signed him. On his worst days he still does more than many on their best days, and that includes Mikel, Ramires, Meireles, players we've been cursed with. To complain over 3 or so not-hot games of his is mad; it's like Tottenham going from Adebayor (20 goals a season) to Kane (40 a season), to then have the nerve to complain when Harry Kane goes 2 or 3 games without scoring. 

Kante is definitely the least of our worries. 

50 minutes ago, Stats said:

With him being PFA Player of year and so on or whatever the two awards he won, he has set himself a standard. Expect more from him. I don't want him to be known as a player who simply chases down and wins tackles because as yesterday shown, on big occasions we need more from our individual players on the ball. He did not impose himself yesterday at all. The performance I saw from Xhaka yesterday is the performance I want to see from our CM. Kante has been brilliant but still think he is sometimes treated as God. He has had games like this where you expect more from him. Yesterday was not the first but anytime our midfield gets ran through, Matic seems to get all the stick and it's not fair because Kante is as culpable and with the levels Kante has set, you would expect him to be more of a figure on the pitch.

Wtf, you serious? He helps matic in every game, he wins the ball back, pass it to others, initiate counter atk, every thing matic can do, he does it better. We need to find a perfect partner to support him, not criticize him when he's on his normal days. He only has three mode: normal, good, best; not an absolute joke likes matic.

13 minutes ago, mashimaru161 said:

Wtf, you serious? He helps matic in every game, he wins the ball back, pass it to others, initiate counter atk, every thing matic can do, he does it better. We need to find a perfect partner to support him, not criticize him when he's on his normal days. He only has three mode: normal, good, best; not an absolute joke likes matic.

For a final I expected more from him. On the ball and off the ball. He rarely imposed himself on the game yesterday and was at fault for second goal. Like I said, he has been brilliant but when you win two football of the year awards, you want to see more dominance on the pitch. Same applies to Matic but he has got enough criticism as it is and Kante was almost as bad as him yesterday. My simple point really is that we need more technical qualities in the CM. Because we don't  have that, we get outplayed in a lot of big games like this.