N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

3 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Barton is right. Kante has not been the best player in the PL this season, ridiculous how people think he is.

Barton is just building up his portfolio of outspoken quotes in hopes to become a two-bit pundit like Robbie Savage. This coming from a guy who attempted to stamp a non-league player, gets accidently hit instead and goes down light like a feather.

Kante's probably not the best player this season on a whole, but he's been consistently performing at high level for a team at top of the league. He's definitely ONE of the best players if there's a shortlist for it.

2 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Didnt see Costa, Matic or Pedro then?

I thought either Pedro or Matic took the cake. Pedro started things off by playing out to Matic which caused the Zaha goal.

Matic was caught out of position too often when Palace were counter-attacking but Luiz didn't cover himself in glory either.

Kante was essentially a spare man in attack but he did keep things ticking when we transitioned to attack.

2 hours ago, zakhov said:

Barton is just building up his portfolio of outspoken quotes in hopes to become a two-bit pundit like Robbie Savage. This coming from a guy who attempted to stamp a non-league player, gets accidently hit instead and goes down light like a feather.

Kante's probably not the best player this season on a whole, but he's been consistently performing at high level for a team at top of the league. He's definitely ONE of the best players if there's a shortlist for it.

Perhaps, but he isn't number 1. In my opinion Hazard, Courtois and Costa (due to his first half of the season where he was almost unplayable) have been better for us. 

He's quite useless in games like today tbh. 

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Barton is right. Kante has not been the best player in the PL this season, ridiculous how people think he is.

He is quality but I agree with Barton in sense that he is overrated. He is brilliant, yes but I agree with Barton that he is not the best CM in the world. He does not possess enough technical qualities. IMO, Luiz has been as good if not better as a whole this season but he gets no way near same praise from the media. There has been a lot of games this season where he has not stood out and I picked it out on another forum that while he has been brilliant, he is not Mr.standout every game as everyone makes out. That is why if anyone asks me who is the best CM around, I don't say Kante because I feel he is the best at what he does but not the best CM because I don't think he has the other technical skills to make him standout.

Perhaps, but he isn't number 1. In my opinion Hazard, Courtois and Costa (due to his first half of the season where he was almost unplayable) have been better for us. 
He's quite useless in games like today tbh. 

He's probably been more consistent than those three this season, so that why he gets the plaudits. Had an off today, but he just doesn't seem to fit a three man midfield. Him plus a ball playing midfield with some legs is where he would thrive (hasn't done too bad this season, though).

16 minutes ago, DDA said:

Kante recieving some bullshit criticism again!! 

Some people are just never happy. 

*Sigh*

Saying Kante isn't our best player this season or the best in the PL is bullshit criticism now? Ok then...

6 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He's probably been more consistent than those three this season, so that why he gets the plaudits. Had an off today, but he just doesn't seem to fit a three man midfield. Him plus a ball playing midfield with some legs is where he would thrive (hasn't done too bad this season, though).

Consistent in that he pulls off solid performances usually, i.e. 7/10s. Costa and Eden have had higher peaks this season. For me, Kante has been as good as Luiz ergo - quite good but not most important cog in the team. He has been good though.

Consistent in that he pulls off solid performances usually, i.e. 7/10s. Costa and Eden have had higher peaks this season. For me, Kante has been as good as Luiz ergo - quite good but not most important cog in the team. He has been good though.

I agree to an extent. We do have to remember he made the step up to a bigger club, hasn't looked out of place & does the work of two alot of the time. Matic is pointless alongside him whilst Cesc's days of tracking back are behind him (if there were any [emoji1] ).

The reason I believe he's considered 'the best CM' by some, is because it's simply absurd and unheard of having a 5'4 player anchoring a team, in the Premier League no less, and yet still outperforming pretty much all of his peers, both on paper and on the pitch. It makes you wonder how much greater he'd be still if he was simply of average build. He's surely thought about that. And so he's taught himself to read the game to a standard Pirlo & Makelele would be proud of. Thus when everything's considered, I'd say he's the most hard working, or perhaps most talented CM there is right now. Not the most effective, not the 'best', but he absolutely carries a magical factor other players simply don't. With everything possible against him, he's going to win the Premier League twice in a row, being a key player both times.

I don't think it can be argued that the CM's who're 'better' than him (like Modric/Busquets/etc.) are pulling off anything nearly as impressive currently. It's like having 1 hand and coming 3rd in a boxing tournament with 20 participants. You haven't finished first, but you're sure as hell the most impressive considering you only had half the ammo as the others, and it's doubly impressive when you've probably been dismissed in having the chance to work with the best coaches due to how you look. 

If Floyd Mayweather was 6'5 like Lennox Lewis, his feats would be far less impressive, and he wouldn't be given nearly the same amount of praise that he's had. But because he's 5'8, yet can kick it with guys up to 6'2 if not more, he has to be considered an anomaly. Even Messi gets extra bonus points over Ronaldo often, just down to the fact Messi had more work to do, being an autistic man-child and all, as Spike would put it.

He's the most impressive midfielder in Europe.

Hoddle said of Hazard’s first-half strike: “What a goal it was.

“Kante’s ball was so special, it was almost like a Cesc Fabregas pass. The first touch was amazing and it was a wonderful pass to take six players out of the game.”

Hoddle said of Hazard’s first-half strike: “What a goal it was.

“Kante’s ball was so special, it was almost like a Cesc Fabregas pass. The first touch was amazing and it was a wonderful pass to take six players out of the game.”

Surprised to come here and see no mention of his pass to Hazard. Too often I read that this guy can't pass and has no vision, then he goes and does that. First intercepts the ball around his own box, then makes the final long pass that would make Cesc proud. I hope it was counted as an assist? It must have.

Edit: Yup it's an assist in the official EPL app.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk