test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

7. N'Golo Kante

Started by Special Juan,

1,578 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

It was worth it though. Will probably be our last title for some time.

21 minutes ago, Tomo said:

We heard that last year and with almost every trophy lift this decade.

Exactly. And the League Cup and FA Cup, at the very least, are still more than winnable. 

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Haha true. And we have another Chance in a few weeks. I really want that super cup. Eluded us twice before. Klopp won his first title in 7 years let's not make it a habit...

I have to say, I will be shocked if we can lift the trophy v Victimpool, as we will be missing so so many key players still:(

Frank Lampard gives latest N'Golo Kante injury update after Chelsea's win over Barcelona

The Chelsea midfielder has not featured in pre-season so far

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/players/ngolo-kante-injury-frank-lampard-16632508

Frank Lampard confirmed that it was his decision to send N'Golo Kante back to England but is hoping to have the Chelsea midfielder back with the squad soon.

The 28-year-old World Cup winner has not fully recovered from the knee injury he suffered before the Europa League final back in May.

While Kante has been with the squad through much of the summer, the Frenchman is yet to have any minutes on the pitch in Lampard's four games in charge so far.

Kante was flown home before the 2-1 win over Barcelona, so that he could recover from the injury quicker and continue his rehabilitation back at the training ground.

Of course, Kante is going to be a massive part of Lampard's plans in the future, especially with the Blues taking on Manchester United in the first Premier League game of the season.

And Lampard is hoping to have him back as soon as possible with three pre-season matches left.

"Yeah, he is okay," Lampard said about Kante's condition. "It was a decision that I made because I felt that him being here, with the facilities and the moving, travel etc. that we have been doing, it probably wasn't the most beneficial for him.

"He went back, has had a few days at Cobham, working well, progressing, so hopefully by the time that we get back at the end of the week I will sit down with the doctor to hpoefully know that he will be back with us very soon."

snip

Anyone else excited seeing him rip shit up as used to under Conte? Man it will do us great to see him back to his best, for me he was underwhelming under Sarii......played way too advanced imo. Put him where he belongs and he is the best MF'er in the League for sure.

Boro ..............

these are their managers for the last 11 years

8cbe1afc73372b05beec3f914d2eede7.png

they certainly are not what one would call football brilliant

roflmaooooo

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

The stupid thing is he shouldn't even have had to explain that, anyone with even basic football understanding could have said the same thing almost word for word.

I wonder if those around him went conveniently silent afterwards.

OneMoSalah and Vesper like this

Just now, Tomo said:

The stupid thing is he shouldn't even have had to explain that, anyone with even basic football understanding could have said the same thing almost word for word.

They're probably upset that they couldn't get anything controversial out of that!

Bosnian Blue, Vesper and OneMoSalah like this

22 minutes ago, Tomo said:

it was the system that forced Kante into the new position

Zola was 100% correct, as you said

he is best in a 2 man with a great holding MF next to him, which gives him freedom to roam and destroy

in the Sarri 4 3 3 he was dragged off to one side more

and had more offensive thrust responsibility

where things truly went to shit was when Donkeybaka flopped as a pivot partner the year before

Barella would have been great to stick with Wee Baldy in a pivot (it is why I soooooooooo high on him, he is like a much younger, more talented Drinkwater, far more athletic, with a nasty side for the EPL to boot)

but Sarri would NEVER have played that system

Tomo likes this

I don't know why we are gambling with N'Golo's fitness like this. He is going to pick up another long-term injury at this rate. Just rest him; it's not like Kovacic and Jorginho can't do a good job in his place for our next few games. 

5 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

it's not like Kovacic and Jorginho can't do a good job in his place for our next few games. 

It's not.