test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

7. N'Golo Kante

Started by Special Juan,

1,599 posts in this topic

After everyone saying he couldn't adapt to a different role.

EVERYTHING new takes time to change. Specially on a football team when a player has done one job his whole career.

Not once has the Wee Baldy man moaned or whined that he doesn't want to play in a different position. He doesn't whine that he want to play back where he is in his comfort zone.

Just maybe some other players might take a page from his notebook on team work.

I think he looked much better than usually in his new position. Leading the attack and actively interrupting attacks of our opponents. More of the same please.

I  was one of his strongest critics in the early stages of the season in the B2B role, but wow man he really he is looking back to his world class self again. I am loving his constant b2b runs and energetic displays. What a performance again. Thought he was MOTM against City and thought he was MOTM again tonight  :worship2:

1 minute ago, Stats said:

I  was one of his strongest critics in the early stages of the season in the B2B role, but wow man he really he is looking back to his world class self again. I am loving his constant b2b runs and energetic displays. What a performance again. Thought he was MOTM against City and thought he was MOTM again tonight  :worship2:

Nah MOTM against City was 100% hazard and today was Pedro. Kante was brilliant in both games though. 

He definitely deserve a rest 

A lot has been said and criticized about him, but he has been by far our best and most consistent midfielder this season. The B2B role suits him very well, having him sitting only deep in DM would be a waste of his energy. It's also quite funny that Kante is our biggest threat from midfield lol. :P 

1 hour ago, manpe said:

A lot has been said and criticized about him, but he has been by far our best and most consistent midfielder this season. The B2B role suits him very well, having him sitting only deep in DM would be a waste of his energy. It's also quite funny that Kante is our biggest threat from midfield lol. :P 

He's on a different level to every player in the Prem imo.

You're right about the B2B role. 

It's worth highlighting that the last two games where he played as the holding midfielder in front of two centre backs for us we shipped 5 goals in a game and a half. We were so defensively poor that Conte had to switch to two deep lying central midfielders protecting three central defenders just to plug the gaps. Given that system was eventually sussed out and led to us being outplayed by the likes of Watford, Bournemouth plus the debacle of the white flag waving at City I don’t understand the clamour to return to systems that have ultimately failed previously. 

OneMoSalah, manpe and Vybzkartel like this

Kudos to him for adapting and I must say good decision by Sarri because nobody thought he should play that role but recently hes been very good. Hopefully he can keep going because he is key to our team.

Kante praised for sporting act

The Daily Mail has picked up on the positive fan reaction to an act of sportsmanship by N’Golo Kante in the closing stages of Chelsea’s Premier League match at Fulham on Sunday.

With the Blues leading 2-1 in the closing minutes, the Frenchman accidentally stepped on the head of Joe Bryan after the Fulham left-back had blocked Kante’s shot from the edge of the box on a quick Chelsea counter-attack.

The Blues were still in a threatening position deep inside the Fulham half but instead of continuing, Kante raised his arm and asked the referee to stop play so that Bryan could be treated.

Fans were quick to respond to the act on social media with the Chelsea midfielder receiving universal praise for his sporting act.

'N'Golo Kante urgently signalling to the ref that Joe Bryan had a head injury and to stop play while Chelsea had the ball in an attacking area. Gotta love the man,' said one fan.

‘Brilliant by Kante. Doesn't care that his team has the ball. A knock on the head of Bryan and he's telling the referee to stop play. What a guy,' added another.

'Kante has such a pure heart. He told the ref about an injured opponent, Bryan, while the game was still going on. What a class,' said another.

Vesper likes this

I hope my Wee Baldy Man turns round to ZZ and flips him the bird!

I know he always says how much he likes it here but it will be difficult to replace him.

I think we should kidnap him. I've got room in my record box to put him in.  I've missed having a pet since I lost my dog. Give his head a rub now and then. I can't see it being any problem.

Might have to come up with some excuse to give my new flat mate tho! Hmmmm!