N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

4 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Nah fam, he's not getting away with that shitshow he put on today. 

There was a moment, I genuinely thought, we had Ramires back in midfield. 

The thing with Kante is, technically, he's very hit or miss. And if he's gonna be off with his touch/passing, he's simply gotta be more effective as that Ball Winning Midfielder in the team. He cannot be poor at both, like he was today, where he's losing nearly all his challenges on the ball. Dembele/Wanyama have out-done him twice this season.

And ok, fine, those players are his achilles heel, but on a larger note, Kante hasn't really been that effective for the past couple of games if we're being honest. His counter pressing, has been very poor lately, and that cannot continue if we are gonna continue with the Matic-Kante partnership. All the chance creation from deep cannot lie on Matic, Kante has to put the team in positions to quickly counter-attack via his Ball Winning in midfield. 

just need a better partner to Kante. 

Matic was a good shoe in like Moses, but we need better then these two. 

12 minutes ago, Fernando said:

just need a better partner to Kante. 

Matic was a good shoe in like Moses, but we need better then these two. 

Yes we need another CM, But that doesn't excuse Kante's poor performances of late.

We have been needing a ball playing CM with defensive skills all season to pllay alongside N'Golo we knew that already..

Good ones are all tucked away by their clubs tho and very thin on the ground.

Our only hope is to pay up for one. Or get Dr Frankenstein to work on Cescy.

He always has been a horrible passer but yesterday he could not complete the most basic ones. Dembele and wanyama completely outmuscled him and matic. I know we all love him here but short term he needs a rest and long term a replacement with better technique ( same for matic)

I think today's performance (or yesterday) is a sign of how much depth we're going to need in our midfield next season when we have mid-week fixtures.  I don't think it's a co-incidence that Kante's play has suffered during these congested fixtures.  

I know he looks like he's battery powered all the time, but everyone has their limits.

Conte used to be able to pick from Marchisio, Vidal, Pogba, Pirlo for his starting XI, then I'm assuming a youth or back-up in there for cover.

We're rolling with Matic, Kante, Fabregas, Chalobah.  Kante pretty much has to play all day, every day.

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

One poor game (his passing was shit yes) and one of our most consistent players this season and reasons why we are top of the league needs a long term replacement. speechless.

The thing is his passing has always been shit. When he is able to get the ball forward by dribbling that doesn't matter but when he gets pressed by a stronger player before he can accelerate he will get dispossed every time. Spurs, arsenal, city and lpool all did that. His energy and tenacity will still be helpful. Of course he needs a long term replacement. In 3_4 years he will be done because he relies heavily on his physical attributes. For the league he is fine but can you imagine a team winning the CL with a midfielder that limited? I can only remember one team to do so and that required shitloads of luck...

6 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

One poor game (his passing was shit yes) and one of our most consistent players this season and reasons why we are top of the league needs a long term replacement. speechless.

After I checked Eden's thread, I come here. Talk about a f***ing overreaction. 

Yes, Kante had a really poor game, everyone is allowed to f***ing have one. Christ forbid, he went on to make a mistake in our next game. 

He is one of the 4 world class player we have in our squad and people have written him off after a bad game, tears jn my eyes.

He needs to get a rest on Sunday to recharge himself again, he looked tired against Spurs. No surprise, he covers so much ground every game that he naturally has to fatigue after some time even tough we don't have many games this year. His passing was also very bad the other night as his concentration was seemingly affected by his tiredness.

Next week he will come back in better condition and puts his consistent perfomances in again.