N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

5 hours ago, Kieran. said:

A little worried he wouldn't be able to handle 50-60 games a season as Leicester did not play in Europe and got knocked out of the cups relatively early. Obviously we likely won't be in Europe next season but we will be back the year after. Could he handle 60 games a year plus international duty? Not convinced. 

Not possibru to tell until it happens. And it's about time we start snapping up quality players before they prove and win everything and we have to throw 50M at them. Plus hopefully under Conte we'll rotate more, so he won't have to play all those 60 games.

Would much rather we went out and scouted our own talent as opposed to pinching it from a team having a fluke season who will redefine the credential of "worst defending PL champion of all-time", a title we currently possess. 

2 hours ago, BlueLion said:

Would much rather we went out and scouted our own talent as opposed to pinching it from a team having a fluke season who will redefine the credential of "worst defending PL champion of all-time", a title we currently possess. 

Easy to assume that there is such player, who has the required abilities and will acclimatize seemingly ?

Chelsea tried that and were berated for lack of ambition.

Anyway, Kante hasn't got fluke season, it's actually his second great season when he has the highest amount of tackles in Europe. I wouldn't worry about him, the players like Drinkwater, Huth, Morgan and Vardy are the players that are having the season of their lives, I'd think that Kante and Mahrez are here to stay.

The other player who has similar stats to Kante both last season in France and this season in the Premier League is Idrissa Gueye from Aston Villa. Maybe he is that unknown quantity and not so hard to buy. But Kante looks like safer bet.

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

The problem there mate is we tend to go for our main targets a few weeks before the window closes.

:D

Maybe this summer will be more like the Costa/Cesc/Luis window than last summer. I hope. I pray...

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

:D

Maybe this summer will be more like the Costa/Cesc/Luis window than last summer. I hope. I pray...

I think, more than the board, it was jose who was responsible for that. He had a plan, he knew EXACTLY what he wanted and "luckily" all of these players were available. With no European competition, no Manager, a squad which is likely to lose its "best" players (according to FIFA ratings), I think, we are simply going to be plugging holes all through the transfer window. Lets just hope we look to the youth to plug some of those holes instead of the mercenaries that we love to buy.

So people really believe that he's going to sign for us? Bruh... He has the chance to play UCL football, with Leicester or any other club (there will be plenty wanting him this summer). Why would he choose Chelsea? Let's be honest. Our best chance is to try signing a few lads ready to fight for the club and, if possible, one or two big names. I would go for Zlatan and Vidal, as both might want to take a new challenge and work for Conte again. There is absolutely no chance that we sign players like Kante this summer. 

2 hours ago, chelseafan26 said:

I think, more than the board, it was jose who was responsible for that. He had a plan, he knew EXACTLY what he wanted and "luckily" all of these players were available. With no European competition, no Manager, a squad which is likely to lose its "best" players (according to FIFA ratings), I think, we are simply going to be plugging holes all through the transfer window. Lets just hope we look to the youth to plug some of those holes instead of the mercenaries that we love to buy.

That's reality right there.

The players have only themselves to blame for putting our club in this mess. It's also the board's fault for not consistently listening to us fans and giving us what we want.. a massive fresh-up of the squad, maintaining our status.. there was none of that last summer.. and so now we're left to feel sorry for ourselves, while our board members have the club's blood on their hands. At the end of the day, it's the board's job to maintain the club, and keep the fans at ease, and if they've failed to do that, then no-one is doing their job!

Plus, I don't want have to include Eva Carneiro in all of this, but if it hadn't been for Mourinho talking rubbish about her at the start of the season, the "rot" would never have happened. It all sparked from that.

4 hours ago, Cosmin said:

So people really believe that he's going to sign for us? Bruh... He has the chance to play UCL football, with Leicester or any other club (there will be plenty wanting him this summer). Why would he choose Chelsea? Let's be honest. Our best chance is to try signing a few lads ready to fight for the club and, if possible, one or two big names. I would go for Zlatan and Vidal, as both might want to take a new challenge and work for Conte again. There is absolutely no chance that we sign players like Kante this summer. 

So we have a chance at signing two of the most coveted world class players in Europe but "absolutely no chance" at signing a player no one had heard of before this season who plays for a tiny club that most people outside of England had never heard of before this season?

Come on, mate. :D

6 hours ago, Cosmin said:

It does not necessarily work like that. We are a much bigger club than Leicester and probably would be able to offer him twice the amount Leicester will offer him. And I don't think he will be stupid in a sense to think that our plight will run forever. Don't get me wrong if someone like Juve comes for him I think they would have the best chance to obtain him. They can offer him UCL, probably would get in the team and also playing for a famous club.

However if you are talking between us and Leicester, loads of reasons why he would choose us. Like I said there is the money aspect. The lure of living in London. Then while we will not be in the UCL, we are a bigger team like I said and in the long run you think we will get back to where we belong.

Let me give you an example. In 06/07, Bayern incredibly missed out on the UCL. Werder Bremen qualified for the UCL that season. Rather than play in the UCL with Werder Bremen which would have been the first time IIRC, he left them and joined Bayern who were in the Europa League. Why? Bayern are much bigger and would offer him better money and of course in the long run, you knew they would eventually regain their status as best team in that league.

Leicester will not able to repeat those miracles next season, I am sure of.

52 minutes ago, Stats said:

It does not necessarily work like that. We are a much bigger club than Leicester and probably would be able to offer him twice the amount Leicester will offer him. And I don't think he will be stupid in a sense to think that our plight will run forever. Don't get me wrong if someone like Juve comes for him I think they would have the best chance to obtain him. They can offer him UCL, probably would get in the team and also playing for a famous club.

However if you are talking between us and Leicester, loads of reasons why he would choose us. Like I said there is the money aspect. The lure of living in London. Then while we will not be in the UCL, we are a bigger team like I said and in the long run you think we will get back to where we belong.

Let me give you an example. In 06/07, Bayern incredibly missed out on the UCL. Werder Bremen qualified for the UCL that season. Rather than play in the UCL with Werder Bremen which would have been the first time IIRC, he left them and joined Bayern who were in the Europa League. Why? Bayern are much bigger and would offer him better money and of course in the long run, you knew they would eventually regain their status as best team in that league.

Leicester will not able to repeat those miracles next season, I am sure of.

*Miroslav Klose, that's the guy you're talking about.

And there's Gonzalo Castro mentioned above, who left Champions League Leverkusen for Dormund.

Luis Suarez signed for Liverpool when they weren't in the Champions League.

Juventus signed Vidal and beat Bayern to that in 2011 when they finished 7th in the league. Andrea Pirlo joined them in that year even though he just won a Scudetto with Milan.

If Chelsea and Leicester can agree on price, this transfer will be done.

BTW. Kante didn't have objectives when he signed a contract just a year ago for 14th team of the Premier League, why he should have now ?

There really should be no question about him supposedly rejecting us should we go in and meet a valuation. Leicester will only be in the CL next season (IMO) and their current form has done wonders for a few of their players.

Competition from other big clubs would be the only stumbling block should we make a move. However, I'm still unsure about him.

Dunno why we're even contemplating buying Leicester players. They have had an extraordinary season. If it wasn't for the big clubs severely underperforming this season, Leicester would likely be outside top 4. One good season and all of a sudden we should buy their top players. Where were the likes of kante, vardy and mahrez before this season? I would understand if they had been doing it consistently for 2-3 season, but so far the players are having a purple patch and it's unlikely to continue into next season. 

16 hours ago, Pizy said:

So we have a chance at signing two of the most coveted world class players in Europe but "absolutely no chance" at signing a player no one had heard of before this season who plays for a tiny club that most people outside of England had never heard of before this season?

Come on, mate. :D

Vidal said that he wants to work for Conte. He is the kind of crazy guy that would take a challenge. And Ibra doesn't really give a shit, he basically did it all. I hope he wins UCL this season and the EPL (as a Chelsea player) the next, so his club career is complete. These are players that already played a lot of UCL football. Kante, instead, is just at the beggining of his career as a top player. He's doing very good for France as well. It would be stupid for him not to push forward

On 1.04.2016 at 8:17 AM, It's too big said:

Dunno why we're even contemplating buying Leicester players. They have had an extraordinary season. If it wasn't for the big clubs severely underperforming this season, Leicester would likely be outside top 4. One good season and all of a sudden we should buy their top players. Where were the likes of kante, vardy and mahrez before this season? I would understand if they had been doing it consistently for 2-3 season, but so far the players are having a purple patch and it's unlikely to continue into next season. 

Sorry but that's ridicoulus, by your statement you're narrowing the pool of players to just a few.

It's incredible lazy to call that all Leicester players have a fluke season. Everytime when the team has such great season there are couple of players that are the real deal. Every season creates a new stars. Dybala last season had a breakthrough and nobody even heard about him before and now he is one of the best players in Europe, no kidding. But yeah, Juventus should have waited until he will have another one or two such seasons.

Yes, Kante is the real deal. Not his fault that clubs decided that he was too short. Usual story. Marseille and Lyon were interested in him but didn't push with his transfer and got him for cheap 2 years ago for the same reason. Their loss.