test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Michy Batshuayi

Started by Special Juan,

1,767 posts in this topic
13 hours ago, mshnd06 said:

Someone on the Leeds board posted a rumour that Leeds might be interested.  I don't know if it has any legs but I think he did play under Bielsa in France and Bielsa does like players with his work rate.  He's an upgrade for us over Bamford but I really can't stomach the asking price, much less the wages.  Thought I might give you folks some unfounded hope.

He has one year left on contract. 10-15m should be enough. It is still better for you than to pay asking price for Augustin. Read somewhere that you have to do that?

Michy has amazing goal record if you look goals per minutes. Even at Chelsea. Better than all others. It was the same at Dortmund and Palace.

10-15m seems reasonable.  I'd heard 40m quoted which seems ridiculous to me.  I'm hoping we don't have to pay for Augustin but I think the ruling will likely favor RB Leipzig and we will have less cash to spend on transfers, especially up top

Am I the only one who thinks if Bats would get a run of 5/9 games next season (not that he would be here at that point) with Puli/Ziyech/Havertz would actually be a decent striker and would score 15+ goals a season? And I'm dead serious about this. If you keep him around for cup/fa games w/e and feed him as well as the above are capable off, I think he would be very decent.

27 minutes ago, Valdo said:

Am I the only one who thinks if Bats would get a run of 5/9 games next season (not that he would be here at that point) with Puli/Ziyech/Havertz would actually be a decent striker and would score 15+ goals a season? And I'm dead serious about this. If you keep him around for cup/fa games w/e and feed him as well as the above are capable off, I think he would be very decent.

He would score some goals, yes, but he is just a walking tree like Tammy, Lukaku, etc...

51 minutes ago, Valdo said:

NO! JUST FUCKING NO! This is like when people used to say Torres would score many goals when Mata, Oscar, Hazard etc were around.

JUST FUCKING SELL THIS DEADWOOD ALREADY! :rant:

Tomo, bigbluewillie and Fernando like this

He doesn't have an issue scoring. The problem is expecting him to do things that aren't part of his game and reason he has virtually had no real run at the club.

Best to just part ways at this point.

communicate likes this

16 hours ago, Valdo said:

If you played him week in, week out as the CF1 you probably would get 15+ goals out of him. The problem is his all round game. I mean, this is a CF that really struggles to comprehend the offside system as he is forever standing in a offside position. The you have the problem in that he cannot dribble at all, that is an issue against packed defenses. Height and size wise, he is average so isn't able to dominate a CB like Giroud can. Passing is average. Off the ball movement outside the box is poor, although in it, he is good. 

All in all, his all round game is poor, but he does come alive in the box. For me, he will never be a Chelsea player but he may find a niche at a smaller club where he doesn't need to get involved in build up play. 

31 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Lots of rumors about him to Leeds. Hope it happens. 🙏

Would make sense. Leeds could do with a "big name" signing and Bielsa knows Batshuayi from their time together at Marseille.

The main man at Leeds is Patrick Bamford, no way Batshuayi is worse than him. 

killer1257 likes this

25 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

New deal? Are you fucking kidding me? 

Smdh

Lets hope it is just to get a better price once COVID passes

That has to be the reasoning

25 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Smdh

Sorry but not even covid justifies it for me, just get rid, imagine no one comes in for him or unwilling to pay our demand, we would be stuck again for ages with him.

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Smdh

Soon we will celebrate 10 years of having Lucas Piazon here... You never know...

Vesper likes this

On 14/08/2020 at 9:59 PM, Jason said:

NO! JUST FUCKING NO! This is like when people used to say Torres would score many goals when Mata, Oscar, Hazard etc were around.

JUST FUCKING SELL THIS DEADWOOD ALREADY! :rant:

Chelsea are set to hand Michy Batshuayi, 26, a new deal before offering him out on loan, with Crystal Palace, West Brom and Newcastle keen on the Belgium international. (Sun)

1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

Chelsea are set to hand Michy Batshuayi, 26, a new deal before offering him out on loan, with Crystal Palace, West Brom and Newcastle keen on the Belgium international. (Sun)

As long as it's only a one year extension that's more than okay to me. It would only mean he won't leave for nothing next year and can be loaned out now to postpone a more permanent solution till next summer. Not many clubs out there who have both use for him and can afford to buy him in this current financial state so a one year extension would only ensure the club can sell him for a fee. It doesn't mean they still consider him to have a future at the club.

A good year out on loan and potentially a decent Euro2021 would surely mean there is a buyer out there next year who'll pay £15M for him.

killer1257 likes this

Palace fans seem genuinely delighted to have him again. Hopefully he does very well for them and helps take points off our rivals. Then we can sell him there permanently for somewhere close to what we paid for him next summer.