Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

3 minutes ago, James said:

Has so must potential, just that he lacks awareness (offside a lot), can lose his temper/focus easily and is pretty selfish, but under the right manager he can easily improve in all of these aspects. I'm very excited. 

Sounds like he's young?

31 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Falcao, Pato and Remy are off.

So we have 3 strikers for 2 positions.

And Ligue 1 is far better than Championship. What the crap is that ?

Ligue is crap ... thats what crap it is ... 

I never said that who is going off ... I was suggesting that we get excited about potential from outside and fail to acknowledge the one we already have. 

31 minutes ago, Chelsea_firstlove said:

League 1 "is equivalent to our Championship sides"? I doubt that.

Batshuayi's statistics is impressed me (and coach). So I (and coach) think he is ready. It's really as simple as that. Traore, Abraham or any potential players show good statistics, games, they are ready. But now they not.

Sure, Mate !!! Your opinion which i respect and I have mine :)

3 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

Mate, your English is fine ... Chill. 

I know Batshuayi was great in a league which is equivalent to our Championship sides ... Going by that, Bamford had a great season himself while he was at Middlesborg ... So isnt he ready as well !!! :)

All I m saying we try to glorify players who have a decent to good season else where and they become "ready" while our own are treated as "still not ready" ... Batshuayi might go on to become the best but for me he isnt different than Traore in terms of potential and surely not better than Costa (minus the theatrics) 

I understand what you're saying, and understand too that you are not directly comparing Patrick Bamford with Michy Batshuayi or expressing an opinion on that comparison, but...

I doubt there are any football fans who hold up stats as the be-all and end-all of football analysis and this comparison is a great example of why. What percentage of fans who watch Bamford and Batshuayi play, would then conclude that Pat is the better player? I'd be surprised if it was as many 5%. My point is that Batshuayi's case can't be set aside because of the status of the league he played in last season and nor can Pat's case be advanced because he produced reasonable statistics in a league claimed to be superior to France's top division. At some point people have to exercise their judgement and when they do, there can surely be only one winner.

WHO GETS THE CASH? 

£33.2m - Fee agreed between Chelsea and Marseille for transfer of Michy Batshuayi

£11.62m - Amount due to Standard Liege as part of a 35 per cent sell-on clause

£21.58m - Money remaining for Marseille

£20.5m - Figure the Ligue 1 club owe France's football finance regulator (DNCG)

£1.08m - Sum left over for Marseille 

11 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I understand what you're saying, and understand too that you are not directly comparing Patrick Bamford with Michy Batshuayi or expressing an opinion on that comparison, but...

I doubt there are any football fans who hold up stats as the be-all and end-all of football analysis and this comparison is a great example of why. What percentage of fans who watch Bamford and Batshuayi play, would then conclude that Pat is the better player? I'd be surprised if it was as many 5%. My point is that Batshuayi's case can't be set aside because of the status of the league he played in last season and nor can Pat's case be advanced because he produced reasonable statistics in a league claimed to be superior to France's top division. At some point people have to exercise their judgement and when they do, there can surely be only one winner.

Completely agree with you ... And glad that you understood the gist of what I was trying to say. 

I agree that the stats of a players from his last season cannot be ignored... for me I look him as a potential nothing more than that. My debate in the first place was why do we consider a 21/22 yr kid playing in an inferior league (comparing it with ours or the best in Europe ... I hope I sound political correct now) is a ready player while the ones we have are not. 

Going back to the Bamford subject, when he was on fire 2 season back and Batshuayi was not heard of ... lot of us wanting him here but since last season he is not be discussed .... Hence the example of Bamford. 

Like I said for me these are potentials and not world class players who are actually ready ... And when it comes to potentials we got ample of those in our backyard :)

3 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

Completely agree with you ... And glad that you understood the gist of what I was trying to say. 

I agree that the stats of a players from his last season cannot be ignored... for me I look him as a potential nothing more than that. My debate in the first place was why do we consider a 21/22 yr kid playing in an inferior league (comparing it with ours or the best in Europe ... I hope I sound political correct now) is a ready player while the ones we have are not. 

Going back to the Bamford subject, when he was on fire 2 season back and Batshuayi was not heard of ... lot of us wanting him here but since last season he is not be discussed .... Hence the example of Bamford. 

Like I said for me these are potentials and not world class players who are actually ready ... And when it comes to potentials we got ample of those in our backyard :)

I'm not one of those who was calling for Pat to be brought into Chelsea's  squad.

After watching Pat play for the development teams following his arrival from Forest I'm afraid I wrote off his chances of ever becoming a Chelsea first-teamer. Someone recently posted the opinion that Pat had outgrown the Championship but I think that's wrong. I hope for Pat's sake that this may be true one day but I'm not convinced it ever will be. It certainly is not true at the moment.

Batshuayi, on the other hand, does look to me to have the quality required to make the grade for Chelsea. That's not to say it's guaranteed but, in my opinion, his skills give him a chance, whereas Pat's do not.

For me, judgement always trumps statistics. Van Persie produced outstanding stats at PSV then Kezman produced even better ones. Once having watched the two players however, only an idiot could have concluded that Kezman was the better player. I doubt any of us who use this site would have required more than 15 minutes to see that van Persie was a quality footballer and that Kezman was not. 

With the growth of social media and mainly Twitter, I never get too excited until I actually see it confirmed by Chelsea and the player with the shirt in hand. But Batshuayi does excite me! So fingers crossed its finalised and confirmed today.

12 minutes ago, CFC-Lloydy said:

With the growth of social media and manly Twitter, I never get too excited until I actually see it confirmed by Chelsea and the player with the shirt in hand. But Batshuayi does excite me! So fingers crossed its finalised and confirmed today.

I'm hoping to see this deal completed too but, assuming it is happening, I seriously doubt we'll see anything confirmed today. Chelsea are just ridiculously cautious about making official announcements. Whatever it is we wait for  before  putting the news out  takes its own sweet time. 

I'm hoping to see this deal completed too but, assuming it is happening, I seriously doubt we'll see anything confirmed today. Chelsea are just ridiculously cautious about making official announcements. Whatever it is we wait for  before  putting the news out  takes its own sweet time.

I would assume one of the main reasons it won't be announced today is the fact that Michy will have the biggest game of his life to look forward to tonight so probably best to let him prepare without any added hassle.

Anyway the deal is done, I don't really know what difference it makes to have it officially confirmed when everyone already knows what's up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk