Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I'm quite happy for Diego to leave.

For one thing I'm in the group that thinks it's not a good idea to keep a player who wants to move on, and the reports that he'd like to head back to Atleti seem convincing to me. More importantly however, as I've said before, I don't believe that what Diego brings is worth the baggage that comes with him, and the huge motivation he gives to every group of opponents and their fans.

If he truly wants to go then Diego out, two talented strikers in is an attractive solution.

It's all English media bullshit to be fair. I have seen nothing in the Spanish press to suggest this. Indeed they (Spanish media) say that Diego Costa would not say "no" to a move back to Madrid, but only if Atletico de Madrid and Chelsea agree to the transfer. He will not ask for a move, nor force it. But today is Spain they have announced that Atletico have given up on their primary targets Gonzalo Higuain and Diego Costa because they are out of their reach, impossible to sign and have now made bids for Carlos Bacca and Mauro Icardi. Napoli want the full release clause in Gonzalo Higuain's contract (or something in the region of it) and Chelsea have made Diego Costa one of their untouchables and would demand a huge fee for him that Atletico de Madrid can't even think about getting close to it, nevermind match it.  

3 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

It's all English media bullshit to be fair. I have seen nothing in the Spanish press to suggest this. Indeed they (Spanish media) say that Diego Costa would not say "no" to a move back to Madrid, but only if Atletico de Madrid and Chelsea agree to the transfer. He will not ask for a move, nor force it. But today is Spain they have announced that Atletico have given up on their primary targets Gonzalo Higuain and Diego Costa because they are out of their reach, impossible to sign and have now made bids for Carlos Bacca and Mauro Icardi. Napoli want the full release clause in Gonzalo Higuain's contract (or something in the region of it) and Chelsea have made Diego Costa one of their untouchables and would demand a huge fee for him that Atletico de Madrid can't even think about getting close to it, nevermind match it.  

Thank you.

As I said in other posts, Diego's supposed desire to return to Madrid has been backed up by quotes from Atleti's president but that he won't force a move is good. It's also good that we should hold out for an appropriate transfer fee. If he stays then well and good, if he leaves I'm fine with that too.

34 minutes ago, Strike said:

We will likely spend over 50million (conservative estimate) on two strikers should Costa leave. Unnecessary imo

There are several positions where we need an upgrade. Striker is not one of them. Costa is a perfectly good striker to lead the team and signing Batshuayi and whoever else will weaken the squad. I'm not for a change

I agree, I think we all would, that there are other areas of need. For me striker is one of them although I'd concede that it is not priority number one. Or even numbers two or three come to that. On the money, I assume you mean 50m net and that seems likely to be in the right area but don't forget we have a high possibility that Remy will leave too if new strikers arrive, so the final number should shade down a bit.

Good transfer btw: fast, strong, technical goalscorer. Probably the most complete Belgian striker at the moment, although I still think Lukaku is superior when playing in a suitable system. I hope he's actually going to play, but with Conte personally greenlighting the transfer, I guess he will.

Only seen him play in the Hungary match for about 20 minutes so I'm pretty much full Jon Snow when it comes to him but seems like a promising piece of business.

Wish all transfers were like this, one day not even any rumours and then bang, next day player signed.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, mccg said:

Can he play Cm/dm or Cb also lol

I knew Conte will want to sign a striker who is good in the air and has hold up play. It's integral to his style of play. 

Now what is left is the centerback that is good on the ball(Bonucci) and the energetic, distance covering, tackling box to box midfielder (vidal)  

We can get realistic targets like marquinos from PSG and Aranguiz from Chile, it'll complete the team. 

54 minutes ago, Jype said:

I'm pretty much full Jon Snow when it comes to him

So you are telling us that you are a bastard ! :P 

Spoiler

I know that he's not a bastard!

An attack of Costa - Batshuayi - Hazard - Willian doesn't matter in which system seems pretty goddamn good to me!

(goddamn is hard to spell his name) 

Easiest way to pronounce it is Bat Showy.   That's what i am sticking to anyway.

If we ended the window with a 11 of say  (in a 442 this is)

Courtois

Ivanovic/Azpi     Terry/Zouma    Koulibaly           Baba Rahman/Azpi

Willian                     Kante   Cesc                         Hazard  

Batshuayi   Costa                          

I would not complain apart from maybe wanting a new fullback               

Easiest way to pronounce it is Bat Showy.   That's what i am sticking to anyway.

If we ended the window with a 11 of say  (in a 442 this is)

Courtois

Ivanovic/Azpi     Terry/Zouma    Koulibaly           Baba Rahman/Azpi

Willian                     Kante   Cesc                         Hazard  

Batshuayi   Costa                          

I would not complain apart from maybe wanting a new fullback               

We need another winger. Cuadrado might fill that void if he returns, but I think we need someone that can actually make the right decisions.

Anyone thinking its wise to replace Costa with Batshuayi and even Morata will regret that thinking come next summer IMO.

Costa must stay unless we actualy sign striker like Lewa or Suarez. But that obviously wont happen.

Regarding Bats, finally we are getting new player from ligue 1 :)