Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Honestly, how have we allowed ourselves to go into the season, with the Champions League this time, with only 2 strikers? Such poor planning! :doh:

Get ready for False 9 Eden Hazard when Morata eventually has to miss a game and the opponent is not Qarabag level quality. 

Desperately need a 2nd Striker that Conte can rely upon. 

For me, he has to go in January and if not he wont have any sort of future here next year if he is going to play that poorly against that level of opposition.

Sloppy on the ball, can't run in behind defences or even make obvious runs off the ball? Also does he not look extremely slow?

It is a big season for him this year but if he continues to get chances up to January and plays that poorly he'll be off before he knows it. Let's hope Costa comes back and gets his arse in gear incase Morata gets injured.

7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

For me, he has to go in January and if not he wont have any sort of future here next year if he is going to play that poorly against that level of opposition.

Sloppy on the ball, can't run in behind defences or even make obvious runs off the ball? Also does he not look extremely slow?

It is a big season for him this year but if he continues to get chances up to January and plays that poorly he'll be off before he knows it. Let's hope Costa comes back and gets his arse in gear incase Morata gets injured.

If we let him go in January, who on earth are we going to get? No one is going to sell us their best striker mid-season unless we pay silly money.

7 hours ago, LAM09 said:
7 hours ago, Jason said:
Honestly, how have we allowed ourselves to go into the season, with the Champions League this time, with only 2 strikers? Such poor planning! :doh:

I expect Costa to play at some point before moving on.

You're being really optimistic there. Costa has been hell bent on doing every thing he can to leave for Atletico and Conte has offered no suggestion whatsoever that he'll welcome him back to the team. And not to mention, whenever Conte gets asked about Costa in his press conference, the questions get swatted away by Steve Atkins.

9 hours ago, Jason said:

Barca have 2 strikers, Real have 1, Juventus have 2, Bayern have 1, City have 2..

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

Barca have 2 strikers, Real have 1, Juventus have 2, Bayern have 1, City have 2..

This, when you are playing with 1 you only need maximum 2 unless one of them can play on the wing. I have said this many times, yet everyone keep complaining that we don't have enough striker.

12 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Up until he scored he was a fucking car crash, he's a good finisher but it's everything before hand he is miles away from where he should be.

In term of finishing he is better than diego and maybe Morata (have't watched him enough). His finishing with left and right foot are just fantastic but his other part of the game is just head scratching. I personally think we should have sent him on loan somewhere where he can develop and mature.

Just now, communicate said:

In term of finishing he is better than diego and maybe Morata (have't watched him enough). His finishing with left and right foot are just fantastic but his other part of the game is just head scratching. I personally think we should have sent him on loan somewhere where he can develop and mature.

I reckon that had we got Lllorente loaning him would of happened.

3 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

1 hour ago, communicate said:

This, when you are playing with 1 you only need maximum 2 unless one of them can play on the wing. I have said this many times, yet everyone keep complaining that we don't have enough striker.

Yes, those clubs you mentioned have only 1-2 strikers but the BIG difference is they all have competent strikers. We have 2 STs but one is totally incompetent, which basically leaves us with just one ST. Just because Barcelona/Real/Juventus/Bayern/City have 1-2 STs only, it doesn't mean we have to have the same as them, do we? Have you forgotten that under Mourinho we always have 3 STs even though we only play with 1? Our pursuit of Llorente in the transfer window suggested Conte wants 3 in the team too. And Barcelona and Real having so few STs is totally irrelevant considering they have goalscoring freaks in the team.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yes, those clubs you mentioned have only 1-2 strikers but the BIG difference is they all have competent strikers. We have 2 STs but one is totally incompetent, which basically leaves us with just one ST. Just because Barcelona/Real/Juventus/Bayern/City have 1-2 STs only, it doesn't mean we have to have the same as them, do we? Have you forgotten that under Mourinho we always have 3 STs even though we only play with 1? Our pursuit of Llorente in the transfer window suggested Conte wants 3 in the team too. And Barcelona and Real having so few STs is totally irrelevant considering they have goalscoring freaks in the team.

Spurs bought Llorente for like 15 million, I dont think we were after him that much.

Also, how is Paco Alcacer competent? Clearly way weaker than Suarez. 

Benzema is out for a month so Mayoral is the only striker Real have now. Is he competent?

25 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Spurs bought Llorente for like 15 million, I dont think we were after him that much.

Does the price really matter? We were clearly after him but one reason or another, we didn't him.

25 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Also, how is Paco Alcacer competent? Clearly way weaker than Suarez. 

Benzema is out for a month so Mayoral is the only striker Real have now. Is he competent?

This.

35 minutes ago, Jason said:

Barcelona and Real having so few STs is totally irrelevant considering they have goalscoring freaks in the team.

And Mayoral in the picture now when you didn't even mention him earlier?

In any case, couldn't care less if other clubs have few/many strikers or if they all have faults. I'm only concerned about ours and ours is concerning because one is becoming so bad that we have to rely on the other pretty much the whole time.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

If you are saying that michy is incompetent, then we should have sold him. Your 2nd striker cannot be close to your 1st if so, he will leave like Morata. If you want 3 one of them have to be either super old like etoo or they can play on the wing or he is super young. If not he will be unhappy, nobody like unhappy player.  

If you are saying that michy is incompetent, then we should have sold him. Your 2nd striker cannot be close to your 1st if so, he will leave like Morata.

Morata left Real Madrid because Zidane never gave him a consistent run in the starting XI despite his impressive goal scoring record. Different case from having 2 strikers of high quality. Don't see what's wrong with having 2 top strikers in the team, even if we play mainly with one. That will create competition between the two, there won't be a drop of quality if you play one and not the other and the manager will even have the option to play both together if needed.

If you want 3 one of them have to be either super old like etoo or they can play on the wing or he is super young. If not he will be unhappy, nobody like unhappy player.  

Why did you think we went after Llorente in the transfer window?

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Morata left Real Madrid because Zidane never gave him a consistent run in the starting XI despite his impressive goal scoring record. Different case from having 2 strikers of high quality. Don't see what's wrong with having 2 top strikers in the team, even if we play mainly with one. That will create competition between the two, there won't be a drop of quality if you play one and not the other and the manager will even have the option to play both together if needed.

Why did you think we went after Llorente in the transfer window?

It sounds great but it never works. I have never seen teams playing one striker, having 2 really good striker up top with similar quality and can make it work more than 1 season. Can you give me any example ?

If we signed Llorente michy will move maybe to everton on loan, that is what i heard similar to jansesnn. Jansenn was straight away being loaned to fenerbache.

2 hours ago, communicate said:

It sounds great but it never works. I have never seen teams playing one striker, having 2 really good striker up top with similar quality and can make it work more than 1 season. Can you give me any example ?

If we signed Llorente michy will move maybe to everton on loan, that is what i heard similar to jansesnn. Jansenn was straight away being loaned to fenerbache.

The closest thing we've had to that here at CFC is Anelka and Drogba (that worked), and that's only because Nico played as a wide forward. On Anelka btw, I think he's a player that was born in the wrong generation, about a decade too early. He'd be very valued as a player right now. One of my favourite Chelsea players ever.