Kalidou Koulibaly

the wes

3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I would actually say full back is more important than centre back.

At least if we brought a full back it would free up Ivanovic to play at centre back when needed where he is a much better player and less exposed than out wide.

Also, if we only brought a centre back it would be a guarantee then that we would have Dave at LB and Ivanovic at RB for the rest of the season which is a lot worse than Terry and Cahill at CB.

If it was up to me we would sign a right back, Fabinho would be ideal but that's not happening.

Purely because Azpi is a better defender at LB than RB, the defenders is frail enough at is it without weakening it further.

Just now, Tomo said:

If it was up to me we would sign a right back, Fabinho would be ideal but that's not happening.

Purely because Azpi is a better defender at LB than RB, the defenders is frail enough at is it without weakening it further.

Yeah it's weird but I've noticed this. The only reason I can think is that he plays against a lot of inverted wingers and cutting in against him makes things easier for him on to his right foot.

It does completely cock our balance up though when attacking. You have Ivanovic on one side who is Cafu in his mind, but fucking Frank Sinclair in reality, and Azpi who can't attack down the left cos he needs to cut back onto his right foot all the time.

I agree the defence is brittle but I think if we had two full backs who were equally good attacking as defending it would give us so much more impetus and put teams on the back foot which would also help the defending indirectly.

But wasn't Napoli's plan to buy Maksimovic and partner him with Koulibaly? They are cash rich at the moment with the sale of Higuain, and weren't exactly short of a few euro before the sale of Higuain, so they aren't in desperate need to sell.

But wasn't Napoli's plan to buy Maksimovic and partner him with Koulibaly? They are cash rich at the moment with the sale of Higuain, and weren't exactly short of a few euro before the sale of Higuain, so they aren't in desperate need to sell.

Logically we won't let Napoli to seal the Maksimovic deal right under our eyelids if they don't sell us K2, Torino prefer to sell him abroad is the advantage we have. But well, maybe our board never do things logically lol.

On 8/25/2016 at 6:28 PM, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

What sucks about this entire Koulibaly saga is that he'll be made out to be this Christ like savior for the club, because of how long this has dragged on + figures being associated with his transfer. 

Just hope he can hit the ground running, not only for his sake but for the club's as well. 

That's not what I was suggesting when we talked, but having a marquee signing fail for a new manager would be rough, esp. at with the transfer saga and price. 

On the other hand, if we get K2, we should all support Antonio and Kalidou while remembering that we're 1. not in CL and 2. in a crazy transfer market these days.

Circumstances are just not nearly what they have been in European football with all the money being spent. Need to accept the new norm while aiming for lofty goals.

All of this is still no excuse for Chelsea's board/directors.

KOULIBALY BOOST FOR CHELSEA?

Kalidou Koulibaly has been the subject of several bids from Chelseathis summer but Napoli are reluctant sellers.

Sky Sports News HQ were told at the start of the month that a sale would only be considered if Napoli could find a replacement.

Well it seems they have, with Torino centre-back Nikola Maksimovic linked with a move to Naples.

Now it remains to be whether Chelsea will renew their interested in Koulibaly, who has played both Serie A games for Napoli this season.

People have doubts about this but wow, his passing yesterday was excellent. So many good forward balls.

You wonder why it's KK or bust ? Because he's got everything, he's big, strong, fast, agile, technical. I hope Chelsea know what they're doing leaving it to the end of the transfer window and dropping out of Maksimovic race. They have to do David Luiz from 2011 on this one again just with the difference 50m€+ is then 25m€.

Most likely off. Chelsea wasn't connected with him for a long time or very long time seriously and today's 29-th. Bunch of mediocre connected in last weeks, probably one of them coming..

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You