Kalidou Koulibaly

the wes

I think we may eventually go to a back 3, or any big singing now may become redundant when Christensen comes back.

If that's the case, Koulibaly made sense.  A big physical presence who's comfortable carrying the ball out of the back.  Christensen (by all accounts of what I've read) is an excellent passer from the back to start moves.  Add in Zouma, and it feels a little like a back 3 in the mould of BBC.

4 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

You kids need to stop whining and complaining about not signing players. If the clubs don't want to sell what else is the club supposed to do? Some of you say move on, move onto what? Jonny Evans?? Mustafi?? 

There just isn't a lot of value for your dollar on the market and overspending for secondary targets makes little to no sense since it won't improve our current situation... New shiny toys aren't always better than the old ones.

You sound like that deluded Arsenal fan TY from ArsenalFanTV. The fact is that we are becoming a team like Arsenal because we get rejected by everyone. Couldn't sign Pogba last season, he is now in Manchester. Couldn't buy Stones, he is in Manchester too. And who knows now. We will go to our 2nd target after Kalidou, then 3rd and after all we will end up with Papy??? Conte clearly said he wants 3 new signings earlier and the board must listen to the coach. Who are you gonna blame later if we are in trouble? You are gonna say Conte didn't get new defenders?

7 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I think we may eventually go to a back 3, or any big singing now may become redundant when Christensen comes back.

If that's the case, Koulibaly made sense.  A big physical presence who's comfortable carrying the ball out of the back.  Christensen (by all accounts of what I've read) is an excellent passer from the back to start moves.  Add in Zouma, and it feels a little like a back 3 in the mould of BBC.

I think Conte would like to go to a back 3 next year as well. I view whoever we sign(hopefully) as a complementary piece to Zouma and Christensen. We already have the big athletic barzagli type (Zouma) and a skillful Bonucci style passer(Christensen, still needs to prove ALOT but has the mould) Next we need the marauding chiellini type. K2 fits the description as does Maksimovic, I dont think we are going to be able to pry Romanogli from AC Milan no matter the price. I just hope we can close one of the signings or at least lay the ground work for a January purchase. I really like the idea of a 3 4 3 next year with our players.

Just now, Tautvix said:

You sound like that deluded Arsenal fan TY from ArsenalFanTV. The fact is that we are becoming a team like Arsenal because we get rejected by everyone. Couldn't sign Pogba last season, he is now in Manchester. Couldn't buy Stones, he is in Manchester too. And who knows now. We will go to our 2nd target after Kalidou, then 3rd and after all we will end up with Papy??? Conte clearly said he wants 3 new signings earlier and the board must listen to the coach. Who are you gonna blame later if we are in trouble? You are gonna say Conte didn't get new defenders?

Hilarity... I sound like an Arsenal fan? Do you even think about what you're saying before you type it? Everything you've said screams of a deluded Arsenal fan who thinks every player is available to them for whatever price they deem fit. Yes we couldn't sign Pogba for 100m which is a world record fee!!! BIG DEAL... Yes we didn't want to pay a WORLD RECORD FEE for a defender who was fucking shit last year!!! 

Conte wants QUALITY but not at any cost, have you been listening to what he's been saying throughout this process? You sound like what you want is anyone which is precisely what Conte is preaching against. There aren't a lot of players out there who can help us and the ones who can play for teams who also have ambitions to achieve something this year. 

This isn't football manager, its not a matter of just auto switching any player onto your team. We had bids put in for Rudiger and he got injured, we then went in for Koulibaly and its proving difficult since Napoli can't find a replacement. How many defenders do you think are available that are actually good?

13 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Hilarity... I sound like an Arsenal fan? Do you even think about what you're saying before you type it? Everything you've said screams of a deluded Arsenal fan who thinks every player is available to them for whatever price they deem fit. Yes we couldn't sign Pogba for 100m which is a world record fee!!! BIG DEAL... Yes we didn't want to pay a WORLD RECORD FEE for a defender who was fucking shit last year!!! 

Conte wants QUALITY but not at any cost, have you been listening to what he's been saying throughout this process? You sound like what you want is anyone which is precisely what Conte is preaching against. There aren't a lot of players out there who can help us and the ones who can play for teams who also have ambitions to achieve something this year. 

This isn't football manager, its not a matter of just auto switching any player onto your team. We had bids put in for Rudiger and he got injured, we then went in for Koulibaly and its proving difficult since Napoli can't find a replacement. How many defenders do you think are available that are actually good?

Noo. Not like you are an Arsenal fan lol but you are defending the board just like that guy does. The thing is we are not living in 2005 or 2010 now. Even WBA are asking 25m for Evans, for EVANS! Everyone cost more now than they did before but this is why we are getting way more money from sponsors, from TV, etc. which means we have more money to spend. We are not gonna find world class players for 20-30m these days.

1 minute ago, Tautvix said:

Noo. Not like you are an Arsenal fan lol but you are defending the board just like that guy does. The thing is we are not living in 2005 or 2010 now. Even WBA are asking 25m for Evans, for EVANS! Everyone cost more now than they did before but this is why we are getting way more money from sponsors, from TV, etc. which means we have more money to spend. We are not gonna find world class players for 20-30m these days.

Anyways... I don't see the point of carrying on this childish debate with you.

Its about paying that sort of money for the right player not any player... I think that's what everyone understands as being the way to go about it. You don't spend over the odds for mediocre players.

When Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Manchester United really wants a player they get their targets for sure. We have 7 days to see how good we are and who can we attract.

1 minute ago, zekinjo said:

When Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Manchester United really wants a player they get their targets for sure.

utd wanted Hazard... Utd wanted Neymar...

Real wanted Lewandowski... Real wanted Pogba

I can go on.

56 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

utd wanted Hazard... Utd wanted Neymar...

Real wanted Lewandowski... Real wanted Pogba

I can go on.

You can't just buy players from a TOP clubs, especially their best players. It's the hardest thing to do but still some players switched from one to another club and from time to time. 

Pogba literally cried for Real Madrid to take him before Manchester. Madrid didn't want to pay 100m for a player couldn't get into a line up immediately. Modric, Kroos and Casemiro are untouchable. 

News you read in newspapers knew to say Cristiano going to Manchester, Messi to Chelsea , Cristiano to PSG, Neymar to City ..... are only for selling news and for getting a better contract. Florentino would never ever change Benzema for Lewa I can guarantee you. Benzema is untouchable because of many sports and personal reasons in Real Madrid.

Tnx God we bought Eden or better say we wanted to pay so much United didn't. Beautiful times when CL arrived and we could much easier gets our targets.

Real, Bayern and Barca with United are the biggest clubs in the world except United is bellow with squad quality. 

A lot of things going on behind the closed doors or Napoli would renew his contract long time ago. 

Doesn't matter. Koulibaly still got 3 years left on his current contract.

To come back to the whole Board bashing: I think we have a right to do so as fans. We ended 10th last season, Citeh ended 4th yet they have signed 8 new players. They are showing way more ambition than Chelsea who should be the one to show the most ambition after finishing fucking 10th.

Winning West Ham and Watford was pure luck in my book. With this current squad, I think that 3th place is the hardest place to achieve. It's going to be real difficult for Antonio to get top 4 and Champions League with this deadwood squad.

7 minutes ago, RuudiGullit said:

Doesn't matter. Koulibaly still got 3 years left on his current contract.

To come back to the whole Board bashing: I think we have a right to do so as fans. We ended 10th last season, Citeh ended 4th yet they have signed 8 new players. They are showing way more ambition than Chelsea who should be the one to show the most ambition after finishing fucking 10th.

Winning West Ham and Watford was pure luck in my book. With this current squad, I think that 3th place is the hardest place to achieve. It's going to be real difficult for Antonio to get top 4 and Champions League with this deadwood squad.

go on crying, its this mentality that makes the market as inflated as it is right now. Who the fuck cares what City is doing? 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You