test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

the wes

Kalidou Koulibaly

Started by the wes,

1,678 posts in this topic

If we bought Koulibaly for 60 million, we would have him and Kante for just over 90 million. I would say those positions are more important to us than a celebrity footballer like Pogba. 

I_Just_Blue_Myself likes this

20 minutes ago, Styles said:

Zouma - Christensen - Koulibaly

You're assuming this club is sane enough to a. Recall Christensen and integrate him & b. We don't sign someone to replace all 3 anyway! 

..I admire your optimism but don't share it :lol: 

Styles likes this

4 minutes ago, Bulshizza said:

I can't understand Roman's psychology.

His son probably secretly runs our club. I imagine he abuses Roman behind the scenes with verbal abuse and stinging slaps. It makes complete sense.

Fernando, Peace. and kellzfresh like this

Wow that's a lot.

We might as well gotten Bonucci for that money.

lol at the idea that A, bonucci is available and B that he would cost so little given recent transfer prices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Bet my life that we won't pay near that for him. It'll be a huge sum but not that high.

Don't care if he pans out. Hope he's got thick skin, though. The English media and supporters around the world will savage him with any little mistake he makes. 

Yep, and on the other side of that media farce is Bailly who is already the greatest defender the world has ever seen. 

The Chels likes this

£60 million for Kalidou fucking Koulibaly.

This isn't solving a problem, this is sheer desperation. I suppose it's easy to spend money that's not yours.

Insanity.

£60 million for Kalidou fucking Koulibaly.

This isn't solving a problem, this is sheer desperation. I suppose it's easy to spend money that's not yours.

Insanity.

Chelsea swoop for Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly in club-record £60 million deal (Telegraph) #CFC #Napoli

Conte could move to a back-three if he signs Koulibaly, a formation he has favoured in previous posts with Juventus & Italy (Telegraph) #CFC

There is a growing sense that #CFC will, finally, test #EFC’s resolve to hold onto Romelu Lukaku before the window closes (Telegraph)

I don't mind playing 60m for Koulibaly. A long season of Terry, Cahill and Ivanovic as our CBs will be f***ing painful, but forking out 60m+ for Lukaku when we already have Costa and Batshuayi (who are both better IMO), would have to be the most baffling move in the transfer market yet. We didn't need another f***ing striker. We need a LB (we don't one have legitimate LB in our squad) or a midfielder.

Please, please, please don't buy Lukaku and just do whatever it takes to get this done.

blu35_army and Muzchap like this

41 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Due to prolonged saga and massive transfer fee, people may be treat for surprise that he isn't world-class.

The same goes for Kante. He had a world class season. No reason why they can't back it up under a stronger manager/squad.

If we sign him I hope we immediately then go and sign a fullback next. A new striker is the last thing we should worry about before the deadline.

Even with Koulibaly I'd worry about the defense a bit with Ivanovic back there. Think about all the top class left sided wide players he'd have to go against. Martial, Sanchez, Sterling. Leicester would probably put Mahrez on him. He'll be ripped to shreds.

I wonder what would have happened if we paid the asking price weeks ago? 

You know before they sold Higuaín. 

That's the difference between what juventus did and us. They go early and get things done. 

Now we are panicking and paying much more for leaving it this late. 

Second season in a role they do this. I wonder how they keep their job if they do the same mistake back to back......