test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

the wes

Kalidou Koulibaly

Started by the wes,

1,678 posts in this topic
On 8/2/2016 at 5:29 PM, Tomo said:

We are in an unbelievably competitive market, this isn't like 2005 when we had first dibs on all the just below first tier talent (ie, not Zidane, Nesta, Ronaldinho etc etc), we have three teams in England alone competing with us tightly, not to mention numerous clubs abroad who can match us financially, we can't just click our fingers and sign players anymore.

Because they want to keep onto their player, especially after losing Higuain for a crazy amount, it's not exactly money they need. 

It's a shitty situation for Chelsea and the supporters right, extremely frustrating to look at the transfer dealings right now. But I can hardly blame Napoli for not wanting to let all their best players go, and at the very least, if they do plan to sell in the end, squeeze as many millions out of Chelsea as possible.

Essien19 likes this

Back in 2010 we would have been no more worth than 15 million pounds. But we need an defender so bad that the ridiculous price tag doesn't matter, any CB is an upgrade now.

kellzfresh and Essien19 like this

I feel like at £50m we are overpaying but to be fair brexit fallout has seriously weakened the £. Napoli aren't making as much as they would pre-brexit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, the inevitable panic finally sets in :lol:, looks like we probably will spend £125m for two players.... 

The other player? Lukaku isn't going to happen.

Just now, obiwan92 said:

The other player? Lukaku isn't going to happen.

What are you on about man? Have you not seen the million (AND MILLIONS) Twitter journalists continue to report otherwise? :Goober: 

Fernando and obiwan92 like this

Would it have really hurt us if we just 'payed the damn fee'? We low-balled for two months and still ended up getting ripped off. Would have much rather had payed the money for him early so he could mold with the team by now. 

Our board never seems to learn. Get the business done early and you don't end up chucking stupid panic bids like the ones we did for Marquinhos last season. 

kellzfresh likes this

Napoli got 90m for Higuain. Let that sink in. Obviously they will push for twice of how much Koulibaly is actualy worth.

But its up to our club to pay the price. Either pay whatever they want or move on. This is getting ridiculous that we chase players for weeks, only to end up with nothing, because we are ready to throw 40m, but not 50m. And then the ''alternative'' is Djilobodji.

Fernando and Essien19 like this

6 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

£50m for him. I think we're now at the desperation stage

I think we have Cahill, Ivanovic and a 36-year-old Terry as our defenders with Ola Aina as back-up to them. I also think we don't have Champions League.

Arsene Wenger: "The value of a player is dependent on his talent, the expected strengthening of the team, his age and of course his resale value. "

Tautvix and kellzfresh like this

I think we have Cahill, Ivanovic and a 36-year-old Terry as our defenders with Ola Aina as back-up to them. I also think we don't have Champions League.

Arsene Wenger: "The value of a player is dependent on his talent, the expected strengthening of the team, his age and of course his resale value. "

We're are dealing with one of the worst owners in Europe, so that has more to do with the inflation than a Wenger quote.

17 minutes ago, Hybrid Angel said:

Would it have really hurt us if we just 'payed the damn fee'? We low-balled for two months and still ended up getting ripped off. Would have much rather had payed the money for him early so he could mold with the team by now. 

Our board never seems to learn. Get the business done early and you don't end up chucking stupid panic bids like the ones we did for Marquinhos last season. 

Conte confirmed 4 months before the start of the season, Kante and Batschuayi signed before the start of pre-season.

Your argument is flawed.

19 minutes ago, Hybrid Angel said:

I think thats a really simplistic way to look at transfer negotiations. If a club doesn't wan't to sell a player they aren't going to opening put a price tag on his head. Napoli know we need a CB so why would they accept our first few offers. 

poup likes this