test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

the wes

Kalidou Koulibaly

Started by the wes,

1,678 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Jype said:

However, the club have already had months to address the defender issue and after the Rüdiger deal fell through with the ACL injury it's like almost as if the club just gave up on signing a CB and only nearing the end of pre-season remembered that the team's defense is quite frankly full of shit.

They took 6 weeks off after Kante deal. Obviously.

Chelsea forced Napoli to look for replacement and that's good. People are citing Manchester clubs as an EXEMPLARY HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE, lol, none of theirs deal in value for money terms is even close to Kante territory, only in sight is Mkhitaryan but just because he had one year left.

I can criticise club for lack of trying but can't criticize for being reasonable. I'm sorry.

And for guys liking numbers, we're still third in terms of money spent right ? So stfu.

I think if they won't budge, though it's currently 50-50, we'll just sign that Lindelof kid from Benfica with fixed price at 30m€.

oldportblue, Tomo and Blue Gino like this

6 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

I can criticise club for lack of trying but can't criticize for being reasonable. I'm sorry.

And what do you render reasonable? We got lucky with Kante because he didn't sign any contract extension prior to winning the PL with Leicester which is why it was so easy to get him, but you're quite mistaken if you think that's not a one-off. 

Can you also say that the £40m that's being rumoured regarding Koulibaly is really more of a bargain than the £7m more City paid for Stones? Most on here don't even know who this kid is, let alone know how he's going to adapt to the league. 

The reason United & City have received so much credit is because they've done their business early. It's not about how much they paid or who got the best deals, because the long-term ambitions are as clear as day. They're reinforcing in spite of what the market prices are because at the end of the day you need to spend such sums now to have a title winning squad. That's what City and United currently possess, a squad that's got a mix of world-class and very good players. 

The only world class player we've got right now is Hazard and it would be far too flattering to call the rest 'very good players.' 

Fernando likes this

5 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Can you also say that the £40m that's being rumoured regarding Koulibaly is really more of a bargain than the £7m more City paid for Stones? Most on here don't even know who this kid is, let alone know how he's going to adapt to the league. 

Have you ever seen Stones play and then seen Koulibaly play? If you did, you wouldn't be making this post. 

Also, I wouldn't be calling a 25 year old a 'kid'

36 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

Conte was KK & the board are trying their best to back him but it's proving difficult because De Laurentiis is a massive cunt as a few posters have already stated.

ADL is not a cunt. Napoli have player that Conte want badly so they are in position to demand as much as they want - if u want to pay that - pay, if  u don't want to pay go for another options, simple as that. They are not richest club in the world, they don't have the richest president like Chelsea, Man City, Psg, etc etc, selling players for big money is a only option for them.

Just can't understand why we're not linked with Kalidou and others top players all the time like every serious club when wants to bring new players. Looks like Abramovich and the Board doesn't know what/how to do. Chelsea looking lost. How in the world we brought Kante? Still don't get it.

8 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

Just can't understand why we're not linked with Kalidou and others top players all the time like every serious club when wants to bring new players. Looks like Abramovich and the Board doesn't know what/how to do. Chelsea looking lost. How in the world we brought Kante? Still don't get it.

We are heavily linked with Kalidou mate...

8 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Admitedly all I know about this lad are all the Youtubes that I can find and theres no bout a doubt it the lads got skills.

What I'm a bit worried about is that he SEEMS to me like a mirror of Happy.

He doesn't seem to be good at pushing forward. Hes good at short range passes and getting rid of the ball quick but his medium to long range passing is poor.

He also  reminds me a bit of RLC where is not very co ordinated and clumsy. Which shows in how many times he gets booked a year. With us shoer on CBs as it is a ban wil hurt us.

To me Happydoes what he does - better. Don't we need a partner for him that can take the ball and make plays forward with it?

Completely untrue. Koulibaly is an outstanding carrier and passer of the ball - both short and long range.

Literally have no idea what the outcome will be. But after reading a couple of quotes from his agent, surely his agent would want to collect a hefty fee for a transfer plus double the wages for his client ?

Blue-in-me-Veins likes this

3 minutes ago, James said:

Whenever the agent comes out and says that everything will be resolved the next couple of days, you can bet your house he's singing a new contract. 

"This is what Kalidou wanted all along. He loves Napoli and never even thought about leaving."

James and xPetrCechx like this

Most likely a new contract or a a tactic from the agent to get chelsea to offer more money to the player and himself. 

Either way i'm glad it will be over soon, we will get him or we will be able to move on to the other targets 

Bruno Satin, Koulibaly's agent: "I can say that in the next 2-3 days an announcement will be made and everything will be defined" (cm) #CFC

Bruno Satin, Koulibaly's agent to http://goal.com : "The discussions I am having are confidential" (cm) #Napoli #CFC

Koulibaly’s agent has revealed the future of the Senegal defender will be resolved this week amid interest from Chelsea. (Guardian) #CFC

#CFC had a £42.5m offer for Koulibaly rejected by #Napoli earlier this week, who are holding out for a fee closer to £50m (Guardian)

nono likes this

23 hours ago, Pizy said:

Watch Mourinho come in and sign him within a day or two after our board have twiddled their thumbs all summer...

Summer 2015., failing with Pogba, failing with Stones. Without alternative signings planned.

I'll just leave this here.

But I agree. He could come and sign Koulibaly, but for 70 mils, overprice it, like United mostly do.

Our board is doing decent job this summer. We signed CONTE, best manager available, sometime in April already? Then Michy, good perspective young striker. And then Kante, best transfer since Diego Costa. And now we are in for very good center back too.

And most important of all, we are looking for REALLY needed player types. (if we exclude Lukaku rumours as untrue)

Back to ONTOPIC...

Wait for that agent response and move the f*** on from this guy. We still have time.

If his agent is talking then he's signing a contract renewal with Napoli. An agent wouldn't be definitively giving a timeline if the clubs were still negotiating a fee as he has no control over that.