test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Captain Ahmed

29. Fikayo Tomori

Started by Captain Ahmed,

194 posts in this topic

Stay calm... take a deep breath. :)

he’s been very good and is absolutely a massive prospect, but he defended against championship attackers today and that makes all the difference.

don’t think a cb should ever be in contention for motm when playing against weaker sides at SB.

15 minutes ago, Robchels said:

Stay calm... take a deep breath. :)

he’s been very good and is absolutely a massive prospect, but he defended against championship attackers today and that makes all the difference.

don’t think a cb should ever be in contention for motm when playing against weaker sides at SB.

When you have alonso next to you (or rather 70m in front of you) and still keep a clean sheet you are always in contention for motm

killer1257 likes this

On 9/28/2019 at 1:42 PM, Magic Lamps said:

When you have alonso next to you (or rather 70m in front of you) and still keep a clean sheet you are always in contention for motm

That’s his job... what else does he do aside from defending? He did and should enable players who can actually contribute in attack, which alonso does.

BTW, Alonso's positioning is all strategy esp at home. Heh I hope we don’t return to the ridiculous notion that the manager tell me the player to sit back, but he goes to attack anyway....

8 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Tomori is becoming the new Luiz. Great passing range, skill and pace with the occasional fuck up. 

Let’s have some sort of stability first. He’s being shifted from a CB three to a two every other game. His positioning will be off if there isn’t any understanding. 

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Tomori is becoming the new Luiz. Great passing range, skill and pace with the occasional fuck up. 

He is a young CB. They usually tend to be error prone. It is very rare to have a young CB in title winning team. 

We are not competing for anything this season and maybe next season so no problem. 

9 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Young defender of 21 years of age are bound to make some fuck ups. I am pretty sure the likes of JT, puyol, cannavaro made some mistakes too. Point is they learned and evolved, luiz never did.

Also Tomori is showing to be a brilliant defender. Luiz is just a fuck up with a good pass on him.

He's been hugely promising and a big surprise to me. Not only is he regularly outmuscling opponents defense idly in 1v1 situations, but he's also extremely good at carrying the ball forward. Add in his fantastic recovery pace and we have the makings of a top class CB.

I hope at some point we see a back 3 with all of Rüdiger, Zouma, and Tomori in it. Reece, and Emerson as wing backs. The athleticism and pace would be unreal.

Johnnyeye likes this

9 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Young defender of 21 years of age are bound to make some fuck ups. I am pretty sure the likes of JT, puyol, cannavaro made some mistakes too. Point is they learned and evolved, luiz never did.

Also Tomori is showing to be a brilliant defender. Luiz is just a fuck up with a good pass on him.

Yeah. Just look at De Ligt, rock solid at Ajax but fucking up alot in Juventus. No doubt he is a beast but need to be comfortable in the team and learn to play along his new teamates. Just like Tomori.

Im so impressed with how Tomori is playing and the decision he makes, so mature in his game :cig:

Johnnyeye, manpe and 1905didierblue like this

It's crazy when you consider it has only been about half a dozen games but his rise has been so meteoric. 

From what I've seen, he has literally everything needed for a top centre back and his only real weakness at present is his lack of experience, particularly from a positional perspective at times but that will develop and he's so quick in the recovery it hasn't posed any problems anyway.

If he continues the way he has been, I could seriously see him being first choice for England by the time Euro 2020 comes round.

Bosnian Blue likes this

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I keep forgetting Tomori's eligible for England, it's always been stuck in my head that he's Canadian (which he like 1/3 is).

Given the current options at CB there's actually a chance for him to secure a place early on for England like he has here, unfortunately Tammy has a lot tougher a task.

Tammy won't displace Kane from the England team anytime soon, but I think he has an excellent chance of being next in line behind Kane which will present him with more than enough chances and opportunities to take.