Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

And if this lack of a new deal progress is due to finances, this is the precedent the club set when they let Callum and his agent hold a gun to them to get 180k a week.

I said at the time that it was dangerous, the guy had played maybe 20 times for us and had only played reserve football before. Obviously, other players will maybe try it eventually if they havent already. 

Tammy has had X amount of years on loan at lower levels, performed, worked his way up and is now doing the business in the first team so he definitely has the right to ask. 

Reece maybe has the same idea.

Its like Sanchez at United when he signed getting that huge wage, De Gea wouldnt renew because he wanted a huge pay rise to match it. Pogba if he would of renewed at United is in same boat. 

Except here, if it is down to finances regarding these twos deals which is still hypothetically speaking, we have got it but with young guys who havent achieved much in the long term scale of their footballing careers. Fantastic...

our present board and Marina are shit

no one will ever convince me otherwise

it will always be a reason I am hated by some here

because i call a spade a spade

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/20/frank-lampard-jose-mourinho-spurs-chelsea-fans?CMP=share_btn_tw

Tammy Abraham has told Chelsea that he wants to become one of their highest earners during talks over a new deal. The striker will have two years left on his deal at the end of the season and the Stamford Bridge club intended to offer a five-year contract worth £100,000 a week.

However progress has been slow since talks began in September and it is understood that Abraham, who has scored 13 goals in all competitions this season, has adjusted his expectations since Callum Hudson-Odoi signed a new deal worth £120,000 a week. Abraham believes he deserves more than Hudson-Odoi, who has dipped in and out of form since returning from a serious achilles injury.

Abraham does not have as much leverage as Hudson-Odoi, who was in danger of running down his contract and a target for Bayern Munich. However, the expectation is that Chelsea will improve their initial offer to Abraham, who has become one of Lampard’s most important players. They are keen to tie down their academy products and are in talks with Reece James over a new deal. The promising 20-year-old right-back will also have two years left on his contract at the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

pay him 145K PW (same as Pulisic) and get it done

are we really going to fuck about over bloody 6 and and half million quid difference (the difference between 120K (CHO) and 145K PW for a 5 year period) TOTAL, spread out over 5 years??

we have shit away almost 50 TIMES that just since 2017 between poor contractual management, bad buys and horrific non sales :rant:

and thank fuck for an article that finally gets CHO's salary correct (it is not 180K PW, it is 120K)

On 17/12/2019 at 10:04 PM, OneMoSalah said:

And if this lack of a new deal progress is due to finances, this is the precedent the club set when they let Callum and his agent hold a gun to them to get 180k a week.

I said at the time that it was dangerous, the guy had played maybe 20 times for us and had only played reserve football before. Obviously, other players will maybe try it eventually if they havent already. 

Tammy has had X amount of years on loan at lower levels, performed, worked his way up and is now doing the business in the first team so he definitely has the right to ask. 

Reece maybe has the same idea.

Its like Sanchez at United when he signed getting that huge wage, De Gea wouldnt renew because he wanted a huge pay rise to match it. Pogba if he would of renewed at United is in same boat. 

Except here, if it is down to finances regarding these twos deals which is still hypothetically speaking, we have got it but with young guys who havent achieved much in the long term scale of their footballing careers. Fantastic...

It's nothing like the Sanchez situation.

Hudson is on 120k while Tammy will probably end up on about 140k, given inflation that isn't actually that bad for talented young players on the up, like atall.

It's feels like the club couldn't have won in Cal's situation, had they "took a hard stance" they would have been critisized for letting another potential world beater leave so easily but instead they made sure it wouldn't happen and that's apparently the wrong decision aswell.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Hudson is on 120k while Tammy will probably end up on about 140k, given inflation that isn't actually that bad for talented young players on the up, like atall.

It's feels like the club couldn't have won in Cal's situation, had they "took a hard stance" they would have been critisized for letting another potential world beater leave so easily but instead they made sure it wouldn't happen and that's apparently the wrong decision aswell.

It's always a risky thing to pay a lot for talent/potential, someone who hasn't done it consistently. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

It's always a risky thing to pay a lot for talent/potential, someone who hasn't done it consistently. 

It is, but we ultimately can't get the rewards if we don't gamble.

We were backed into a corner, when it looked like we were going to lose him this time last year the fanbase were incandescent and wanted him to resign no matter what, fast forward 12 months they've got their wish and now we shouldn't have done it and let him go in the first place.

It reminds me of the time almost everyone wanted ruthless action taken against Lampard due to his alleged behaviour towards AVB then come Christmas that year said action was reportedly being taken in the form of the club refusing him a new deal then all of a sudden it was an outrage that we would treat a club legend like that.

I do wonder if the average supporter really truly know what he/she wants and yes I include myself in that.

Why are you pushing this "world beater" narrative?

CHO had/has done nothing to warrant anything, yet, we are paying the price for it already. CHO is not in the Salah, De Bruyne or even Lukaku bracket.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

CHO had/has done nothing to warrant anything, yet, we are paying the price for it already. CHO is not in the Salah, De Bruyne or even Lukaku bracket.

Yet. But the potential is there. He has been unfortunate with an injury that can potentially end a career. The way he was playing last season, he would have been one of the most coveted 18/19 year old. As much as sancho who people are willing to pay 120mil along with 250kpw wages. 

5 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Point is potential is there. He was one of the most dominant player's in the best academy team's since the Busby Babes and was playing well in a team that finished 3rd age 17/18.

As I said earlier, it reminds me of the Lampard/AVB situation where most people seemed to decide what they wanted based on the opposite of what was actually going on.

Yet. But the potential is there. He has been unfortunate with an injury that can potentially end a career. The way he was playing last season, he would have been one of the most coveted 18/19 year old. As much as sancho who people are willing to pay 120mil along with 250kpw wages. 
Point is potential is there. He was one of the most dominant player's in the best academy team's since the Busby Babes and was playing well in a team that finished 3rd age 17/18.
As I said earlier, it reminds me of the Lampard/AVB situation where most people seemed to decide what they wanted based on the opposite of what was actually going on.
That's the problem with football nowadays IMO. Players are rewarded for potential rather than delivering the goods and rightfully earning the big pay rise (Tammy).

That's the problem with football nowadays IMO. Players are rewarded for potential rather than delivering the goods and rightfully earning the big pay rise (Tammy).
That is a home made Problem. I remember RLC getting a big pay rise when he was young and that is the only way you can hold these players. Under Managers like Mou, you don't get chances as a young Player. So you have to give them more money. If Managers gave young players enough game time, they would take less money and be happy.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

That is a home made Problem. I remember RLC getting a big pay rise when he was young and that is the only way you can hold these players. Under Managers like Mou, you don't get chances as a young Player. So you have to give them more money. If Managers gave young players enough game time, they would take less money and be happy.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Solanke was in exactly the shame situation as CHO and they didn't buckle. They could have easily kept the same stance (supposed potential aside).

On 24/12/2019 at 1:24 PM, LAM09 said:

Solanke was in exactly the shame situation as CHO and they didn't buckle. They could have easily kept the same stance (supposed potential aside).

The reason a "hard stance" was taken with Solanke was because he wasn't good enough nor had the potential to be.

The writing was on the wall for him once he had (our versions of) Torres esque goal numbers in a league known for generous defending, a league that duped the world into thinking Afonso Alves was world class.

On 24/12/2019 at 0:11 PM, LAM09 said:

I don't particularly like it but it's the way football is nowadays, if we want to compete we have to get with the times.