test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Captain Ahmed

9. Tammy Abraham

Started by Captain Ahmed,

1,382 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Not a bad viewing..

Abraham so sharp in the box like an old fashion striker Abraham style reminds me of Nistelrooy and Gary Lineker both were great goal scorers 

nyikolajevics likes this

he is a poacher, that's mean he need another striker near him, you see how chelsea play for long long time and always we played with complete striker not with a poacher, at least not at the first XI, this is the problem of michy by the way that he is more of a poacher as well and yes the winning goal that he scored he did it when we played with 2 strikers... for that reason i'm hard to believe that tammy will make it here unfortunately, of course there are games that you see the ball goes near the line and costa miss it one after another but there a lot of time we need a big character to do moves from his own and i'm not sure tammy is that guy...

still i would give him opportunity as a sub, he can be like demba ba was..

and is it just me looking at the video of his goals and think "no way a GK at the premier league will get that kind of goal?!" ?

44 minutes ago, blueblood22 said:

he is a poacher, that's mean he need another striker near him, you see how chelsea play for long long time and always we played with complete striker not with a poacher, at least not at the first XI, this is the problem of michy by the way that he is more of a poacher as well and yes the winning goal that he scored he did it when we played with 2 strikers... for that reason i'm hard to believe that tammy will make it here unfortunately, of course there are games that you see the ball goes near the line and costa miss it one after another but there a lot of time we need a big character to do moves from his own and i'm not sure tammy is that guy...

still i would give him opportunity as a sub, he can be like demba ba was..

and is it just me looking at the video of his goals and think "no way a GK at the premier league will get that kind of goal?!" ?

We are more suited to play towards the striker these days, even Didier himself touched up on it. Furthermore while his all round game will never be Bergkamp level, he is certainly not bad in that regard, Sheffield Wednesday fans shat themselves every time he touched the ball at Hillsbrough.

Stats and The Skipper like this

16 hours ago, Amblève. said:

Batshuayi is definitely not a poacher. The way he roams around the box to find space and position himself for either a give-and-go or a hold-up sequence so he can turn and shoot himself is the sign of a complete striker.

i can accept it, it thought about it afterwards and yes he is not poacher as tammy is, but still i don't think he is a complete striker... and he do need to play with another striker and not by himself. anyway i hope he will succeed here

My only worry about him joining Newcastle is that he will be used as rotation rather than a guaranteed starter. Benitez is known for his rotation for years. He has Gayle, Mitrovic, Perez who all will share game time. Gayle is there no.1 striker and while he can be used with Abraham, I am not sure how often Benitez will play two pure no.9 together in games. Anyway, like article says, he will have been assured about the game time he gets. Just alarmed because Benitez will rotate. Whereas if he went Brighton, I think he would walk into the team. However he prob sees Newcastle as having more ambition and me myself, seen Newcastle being able to create more chances than Brighton next season as they have that extra pulling power to attract more stop stars.

Good for him. Good for us, as we can see him playing week in week out in PL. Yes, we must be patient. Let's see what he can do.

11 hours ago, Jason said:

Potentially good news for Tammy and for Chelsea. Pleased for him in the main, but there must be a question about how much he might play behind Gayle & Mitrovic. Still, this must have been considered by all parties and, since Tammy clearly had options, we must assume that player and club have chosen the best one.

Good luck lad.

22 hours ago, Stats said:

My only worry about him joining Newcastle is that he will be used as rotation rather than a guaranteed starter. Benitez is known for his rotation for years. He has Gayle, Mitrovic, Perez who all will share game time. Gayle is there no.1 striker and while he can be used with Abraham, I am not sure how often Benitez will play two pure no.9 together in games. Anyway, like article says, he will have been assured about the game time he gets. Just alarmed because Benitez will rotate. Whereas if he went Brighton, I think he would walk into the team. However he prob sees Newcastle as having more ambition and me myself, seen Newcastle being able to create more chances than Brighton next season as they have that extra pulling power to attract more stop stars.

He would probably benefit more under Benitez rotation ball than he would playing full time under Houghton. Rafa has a good track record for developing good player's and making them better  like Alonso, Torres, Hazard  (Rafa made Hazard a lot more disciplined). At Newcastle he has turned Shelvey from an inconsistent wildcard to a quality all round player.

I know Chelsea fans don't like Benitez but i would trust him to look after Tammy and improve him even further from a tactical POV.

Fernando and Stats like this

Newcastle are closing in on the season-long loan signing of Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham, according to Sky sources.

Tammy is quoted by The Mail today as saying, “I’m not sure what I’m doing next season, if I’m coming back, going elsewhere on loan or staying at Chelsea".

Seems reasonable to guess that the club thinks it sensible to sort out any transfer comings or goings among the strikers before finalising Tammy's next step.

mashimaru161 and blueblood22 like this

Was invisible whole game. Hopefully won't be dropped.

Can't even think about him being with the squad next season if someone like Michy hasn't played last season.

By opening this subject, there was no indication for me that he would know a rising curve. A new loan in the first division could more give us an objective opinion on him