Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

46 minutes ago, Mana said:

Hmm...while it's nice to see him have his night...

Let's not forget that the game was played in the Championship, and only scored one goal in 10 Championship appearances before this Villa 5-5 Forest game.

We keep an eye on him, but I'd rather have 2 shite CFs instead of 3.

He'd be better than Morata, that's how bad things have become.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

I apologise, I was looking at somebody else's stats instead of Abraham's (they were next to each other).

I had a small urge to argue with you here, but in the end I can't... Morata has no legs to stand on. I don't want 3 poor/raw CFs though, if we have a chance to swap Morata for Tammy then that'll be brill.

Its totally bonkers we are in this situation again.

I was thinking of the situation before going to sleep last night, it did make me sleepless the fact that neither striker is actually any good. Giroud is slightly better than Morata but it's splitting hairs.

I don't think it will change in January, the only thing that will change is our league position, we are relying on goals from others to keep us up there, and we can't.

Shame on us for not being more creative with his loan. While I have championed him for being a good player to supplement the squad I do get him going on loan, unless Sarri is serious about giving him minutes, which wouldn’t happen. But he really shoud’ve gone to a stronger/different league to the Champuonship. France, Bundesliga, Celtic, even a top Dutch side. If we are smart with our loans it gives youngsters a nice progression, as opposed to just going to the Championship each year. We already know Tammy can do it in the Championship and him doing well again may not raise his stock significantly at the top level to the untrained eye. If Aina stayed in the Championship (a feasible thing we would do) I think he’d be in for another average season and see his career stall, but now he’s a starting XI player in Serie A.

I think the fact people are debating that he should be here as opposed to the Championship/other European leagues tells a story.

You can argue all you want about him being good enough or not, the fact of the matter he wouldn't be any worse than what's here now.

9 minutes ago, Mana said:

We have always been in this situation ever since Costa stopped playing for us. We had Morata/Bats, Morata/Giroud and for a small period Morata/Giroud/Bats. Bad, awful CFs.

This is why I was crying for Aubameyang last season when he was available. It's a shame some people here didn't see that and said Morata was better. Stay what you want, but Auba's better than any of the shite that we have now.

When will our CF crisis end? I'm fed up of firing blanks, missing open chances and getting caught offside.

The problem of getting Tammy back is, if he also fails to make an impact we are 99% stuck on getting a better CF. No club is going to buy Morata off us the way he is playing.

On your last point of offloading Morata, someone will always want something someone else has, no matter how poor they are, see the Bakayoko situation as an example.

Remember the saying "One mans trash is another mans treasure"

Just now, Mana said:

The thing is, Baka is on loan. AC Milan had said plenty of times they don't like him and they couldn't wait to ship him back to us.

So we still have that donkey. I want Morata (and Baka along with other deadwood) permanently gone from our club.

Getting rid of the waste of space on loan is better than nothing, the problem is getting the right player coming in the other way.

There is a lot of deadwood here, so much so it will take time to shift the majority of it.

4 hours ago, ja1 said:

Shame on us for not being more creative with his loan. While I have championed him for being a good player to supplement the squad I do get him going on loan, unless Sarri is serious about giving him minutes, which wouldn’t happen. But he really shoud’ve gone to a stronger/different league to the Champuonship. France, Bundesliga, Celtic, even a top Dutch side. If we are smart with our loans it gives youngsters a nice progression, as opposed to just going to the Championship each year. We already know Tammy can do it in the Championship and him doing well again may not raise his stock significantly at the top level to the untrained eye. If Aina stayed in the Championship (a feasible thing we would do) I think he’d be in for another average season and see his career stall, but now he’s a starting XI player in Serie A.

Celtic would of been a bold move. But after Musonda spell there maybe a bit of a put off. Also they signed Eduoard from PSG for 9m and he is very much their project. Holland would take his game up a level, technically he can still improve a lot.

6 hours ago, Special Juan said:

There is a lot of deadwood here, so much so it will take time to shift the majority of it.

I am raging (not at you at all, lol)

We fucking damn well should have started selling off the deadwood this summer. Our board is bloody the worst of any top 20 club in football atm (and has been since 2014ish or so)

Seems like every fucking window its the same bullshit.

We got lucky with Kante and Rudiger, Jorginho was part of the Sarri deal (no Jorginho, no Sarri) and Kepa is a great GK, BUT we could have sold Courtois for 70m plus in 2017 and gotten Kepa for millions less. Barkley and Kovacic are decent, BUT Kova goes back in June, 90% likely.

Almost all the rest of the buys and sales (or lack of sales and lack of buys via chasing Italian kisses that then turn into a right proper assfucking) have been SHIT. Yes, I include Alonso, as we should have sold him for £50-60m to RM and made a HUGE run at an actual WC LB like Telles or Gaya or Hernandez (Alex Sandro WAS also there as he was coming off a down year, but NO we go chasing fucking Caldara and Rugani, and telling PSG to fuck off on 30m for Luiz, whilst letting them then buy a superb young CB/RB in Kehrer for only 33m) this summer as well. Alonso is simply one of the most overrated players in the EPL. He has ONE goal in all comps this year, so his defenders cannot even say 'OMG but his scoring outweighs his SHIT defence and slow, clogging play!'

I'm sorry but we have no choice here but to bring him back in January, it's not even debatable and really shows just how desperate we are.

He cannot, and will not be any worse than either of the cart horses here right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aston Villa loanee Tammy Abraham will ask parent club Chelsea to activate a recall option in his loan deal in January

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/aston-villa-dealt-significant-blow-in-bid-to-keep-hold-of-star-man/

The 21-year old has been in sensational form for Villa since his loan switch from Stamford Bridge in the summer, scoring fourteen goals in twenty games for Dean Smith’s men, spearheading them up the league table towards the play-offs.

His electric form has recently attracted a host of high-profile Premier League clubs, with Huddersfield Town, AFC Bournemouth, Burnley, Brighton and Fulham just a handful of teams that have declared an interest in the prolific forward.

In an attempt to pursue a move to the Premier League, reports have now surfaced that Abraham will ask Chelsea to recall him this month, allowing him to move elsewhere.

This comes as a massive shock to Villa, whose manager, Dean Smith, recently said that he isn’t expecting a call from Chelsea in January regarding Abraham’s loan deal.

The Villans currently sit 9th in the Sky Bet Championship table, five points off the play-off places ahead of a home clash with QPR on Tuesday.

snip

This should be seriously considered now by Chelsea. A striker bang in form, scoring goals for fun, no outlay, no long term consequences for a short term punt.

I don't see a more realistic, sensible striker option at present in January.