John Terry

DavidEU

1 hour ago, coolhead23 said:

Great News!!!

Step in the right direction.

And the re-building begins ... 

Keeping a player you already had is in no shape or form a sign of rebuilding. You can say that again once we make our first move in the market.

19 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

I quoted Buck and Granovskaia, but what about the technical director of Chelsea Football Club, what did he say...

anyone care to share?!

Or is he sitting in the corner crying because he wanted him gone so much?! ?

Your paranoia is hilarious mate :lol:

21 minutes ago, manpe said:

Keeping a player you already had is in no shape or form a sign of rebuilding. You can say that again once we make our first move in the market.

You are right had it been anyone else but since this is Terry and the entire fiascio around it this for me is like the sign of re-building ... specially considering the lack of leadership we have in that dressing room ... 

Vialli’s one regret-I gave Terry his debut but I should have made him a Chelsea regular 

The Italian admits not using the centre-back as a teenager was an error because he had the ability and maturity to play for the Blues first team even as a youngsterFormer Chelsea manager Gianluca Vialli thinks not using a 19-year-old John Terry was a mistake that potentially cost him his job.The Italian spent over four years at Chelsea as a player and manager and was the man to give Terry his debut against Aston Villa in the League Cup in 1998. Vialli won five trophies at Chelsea and in 2001 was the club's most successful manager of all time but he was ultimately sacked after a falling out with some of his players. Terry was sent out on loan to Nottingham Forest by Vialli to gain experience but the former striker admits the young defender was ready for Chelsea's first team and probably better than the more experienced players he had at the time.

"I have got one regret because I think that the season I was fired, I should have put him in the side regularly," Vialli told Goal.  "I think he was mature enough and good enough at that time to be a regular alongside Marcel Desailly. When [Claudio] Ranieri took over from me, within a month of his appointment, he made him a regular and it was a very good decision."

Terry has gone on to become a Chelsea legend, playing in over 700 matches for the club, and is their most-decorated player with a host of honours. The club have now announced that the captain has signed a one-year contract extension after months of speculation and fan protests, with Terry initially announcing that he was leaving his club of 20 years after his win over MK Dons in the FA Cup. Vialli also disclosed that he always knew Terry was going to make it to the top of the game, having shown a great attitude even when the pair first met in 1996. 

"He was cleaning boots as well as training and playing football," Vialli said. "I remember that he was a very nice young boy, very keen on listening and learning and very respectful. You could see that he had the look of someone that knew exactly what he wanted and what hard work he was prepared to put in to achieve his dreams.

"He played for the reserve team then I gave him his debut. I thought it was right, because we had Frank Leboeuf and Marcel Desailly as central defenders, to send him out Nottingham Forest on loan for a few months.

"My good friend David Platt was managing Nottingham Forest so I thought it was a good opportunity for John to gain some experience and to be looked after by a friend of mine and then he came back and was an even better player."

goal.com

nike.png

The decision has been taken following the appointment of Antonio Conte as the club’s new manager last month, and consultation between Terry, Conte, the owner and the board.

Grande Conte 

tumblr_nag8gqTAu81qgyp45o1_500.jpg

I don't understand why there is so much hatred against the board relating to the Terry situation. I don't like them either but it's clearly wrong to blame them. The board had already made it clear that the decision lay with the new manager. I think it was the right thing to do because Terry has the biggest image at this club, some managers just find it unsettling to have someone like him. But i am relieved Conte isn't one of them.

1 hour ago, roba3y said:

The decision has been taken following the appointment of Antonio Conte as the club’s new manager last month, and consultation between Terry, Conte, the owner and the board.

Grande Conte 

Ma3llem kbir Conte

Clearly there's an eye to move him into a coaching capacity, he said himself this contract offers him a different role to what he's expected. In one sense maybe he's graciously winding down on a high when he knows he could give top level performances for a year or two longer. It will only serve him well long-term.

Frankly, he won't be welcomed as a TV pundit because of the general perception around him (yet Savage continues to run rampage). Who knows, our very own Zidane could be emerging from the shadows sooner or later. 

Terry considers his future to be in coaching and will resume his Uefa B licence course next week but he is keen to play on for at least another two seasons.

Guardian