John Terry

DavidEU

Why was he even dropped in the first place? Don't give me this "high line" bollocks, as that quite clearly isn't working, either.

Makes you wonder. Ok hes not going to play as much now, but youd think last nights game was crying out for his presence. There could have been a bit of fallout over Evagate, we saw how people reacted on here, -lets wait for her chiclit bookiewookie.

Chelsea lacking leaders and must recall Terry – Ferdinand

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/chelsea-lacking-leaders-and-must-recall-terry-ferdinand

In two years time we lost: Essien, Cole, Lampard, Cech and Drogba.

JT is now on the bench, Ivanovic was seen as the one of the new leaders, but he rapidly declined. So we basically have no leaders on the pitch.

Chelsea lacking leaders and must recall Terry Ferdinand

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/chelsea-lacking-leaders-and-must-recall-terry-ferdinand

JT is now on the bench, Ivanovic was seen as the one of the new leaders, but he rapidly declined. So we basically have no leaders on the pitch.

The system fallen apart. We replaced those guys with wannabes like Cesc, Pedro etc.

But I am mostly dissapointed with Matic. The guy acts like he is about to retire now that he won title.

Chelsea lacking leaders and must recall Terry – Ferdinand

This is talk you always hear when a team is going through a tough time. Every time. Same with the lack of motivation talk. Default reasoning.

I don't buy the lack of leaders talk. Drogba and Cech were fringe players last season. I'm sure their presence helps but games aren't won or lost in the dressing room. That's nonsense imo. I'm sure the likes of Cahill, Ivanovic, Cesc, Matic were seen as 'leaders' last season because Chelsea were winning.

Natural leaders like Terry, Puyol, Buffon, Gattuso etc. are rare. Win or lose, those guys are leaders. When the team is winning, additional leaders are 'created'. Barca win the treble so the likes of Messi, Iniesta, Pique, Mascherano, Alves get the label 'leader' stamped on their forehead. But they're just very good players (they weren't leaders when Barca won nothing in 13/14 though). Essien, Cole, Lampard and Cech are examples of those kinds of players imo. This is the worst start years but Chelsea went through rotten times and lost (hard at times) at different periods with those players as well.

The reason Chelsea are losing is because they're playing poor football. Tactically poor imo and for some strange reason a whole group of players have simultaneously lost form. Maybe they aren't reacting to the coach anymore or maybe they're not fit. But the latter is unacceptable.

This is talk you always hear when a team is going through a tough time. Every time. Same with the lack of motivation talk. Default reasoning.

I don't buy the lack of leaders talk. Drogba and Cech were fringe players last season. I'm sure their presence helps but games aren't won or lost in the dressing room. That's nonsense imo. I'm sure the likes of Cahill, Ivanovic, Cesc, Matic were seen as 'leaders' last season because Chelsea were winning.

Natural leaders like Terry, Puyol, Buffon, Gattuso etc. are rare. Win or lose, those guys are leaders. When the team is winning, additional leaders are 'created'. Barca win the treble so the likes of Messi, Iniesta, Pique, Mascherano, Alves get the label 'leader' stamped on their forehead. But they're just very good players (they weren't leaders when Barca won nothing in 13/14 though). Essien, Cole, Lampard and Cech are examples of those kinds of players imo. This is the worst start years but Chelsea went through rotten times and lost (hard at times) at different periods with those players as well.

The reason Chelsea are losing is because they're playing poor football. Tactically poor imo and for some strange reason a whole group of players have simultaneously lost form. Maybe they aren't reacting to the coach anymore or maybe they're not fit. But the latter is unacceptable.

Only Pique was labelled a leader. Iniesta got selected as Barca's captain this season, Messi is the current Argentina captain, Alves was a former Sevilla captain & Mascherano is a former Argentina captain..

They won nothing in 13/14 as Martino was out of his depth coaching Barcelona

Only Pique was labelled a leader. Iniesta got selected as Barca's captain this season, Messi is the current Argentina captain, Alves was a former Sevilla captain & Mascherano is a former Argentina captain..

They won nothing in 13/14 as Martino was out of his depth coaching Barcelona

Captains aren't necessarily leaders. The band can be given to a player in a plot to keep them (longer) (Dani Alves), to increase their status or give them a sense of responsibility (Messi with Argentina, Neymar with Brazil) or is given to a player with the most experience/most apps or the player that has been at the club the longest (Iniesta).

There are also a lot cases of the band given to the star player of a team, that applies to Messi and Neymar as well. And what about politics? I'm personally convinced Puyol was a better fit for the band than Casillas for Spain but he's a Catalan. Not that he needs to be captain to be a leader, just like JT for England.

Out of those group of players, I'd only think of Mascherano as a leader.

Didn't actually do much wrong, most problems came when he had to run back and clean up Cahill's messes, and then the lack of matches kicked in.

Yeah, he didn't do much wrong other than, er, give up a goal. He initially tried to gamble and run down the channel early because he's slow but then when the ball was played inside he was off-balance and collapsed. But Terry's lack of pace isn't an issue! The defence being afraid and backing off 15 meters is just an illusion. Terry's lack of pace is absolutely OK!

Yeah, he didn't do much wrong other than, er, give up a goal. He initially tried to gamble and run down the channel early because he's slow but then when the ball was played inside he was off-balance and collapsed. But Terry's lack of pace isn't an issue! The defence being afraid and backing off 15 meters is just an illusion. Terry's lack of pace is absolutely OK!

Not surprised if he's dropped again.