test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

John Terry

Started by DavidEU,

4,502 posts in this topic

For me it's no question about who should get benched between Cahill and JT. Why it's seeming like its the latter... I will never understand. JT's leadership and organisational qualities alone should put him ahead of Cahill.

People talk about his lack of pace as if he's ever had an abundance of pace.
The Skipper likes this

Let's talk about 09/10 - when we played with a higher line under Ancelotti - was JT exposed then? No.

Let's talk about 09/10 - when we played with a higher line under Ancelotti - was JT exposed then? No.

Zouma-JT would be great and help Zouma grow. Cahill next to him isn't a good idea. JT's intelligence has always made up for his lack of pace. He should rotate those cb's more though.

That might be the case but you could argue that a 30-year-old Terry is still faster than a 35-year-old Terry.

They all say that until shit gets real.

To be fair, Terry isn't Lampard and think he's much more respectful to the club and manager. He is, after all, on a one-year contract and he knows that he isn't getting any younger with him being 35 years old this year.

Last Sicarius likes this

JT was hands down the best CB in the league last season.i`m fine with integrating younger players into the lineup but none are worthy yet of taking his place on a regular basis.

That might be the case but you could argue that a 30-year-old Terry is still faster than a 35-year-old Terry.

Marginally.

Six years is a long time, he's definitely lost more pace since then.

I don't like how Mourinho has basically scapegoated Terry for our first-half performance on Sunday with that substitution. It seems José has officially Casillas'd JT and hung him out to dry.

I wonder if JT had spoken up for Eva ? :halo:

Probably he was the player that she slept with that was mentioned, not Ivanovic :ph34r:

You're confusing JT with Cahill. JT didn't duel that much with Aguero because Aguero kept picking on Cahill.

I think they both got a good taste of it. Cahill perhaps more but JT got a dose.

He subbed Terry because he's close to done and he can't debilitate Cahill so early into the season. My belief anyway.

JT was hands down the best CB in the league last season.i`m fine with integrating younger players into the lineup but none are worthy yet of taking his place on a regular basis.

Depends on which Chelsea you want to see. The one that played a low block last year to protect the lack of pace in the back four, or the one that played expansive football and looked amazing going forward.

I don't think we can have both, something's got to give.

winning football is all that matters to me.. if they want to change the style then they have to do more than just drop JT for an inferior CB because he`s quicker in a foot race..

iseah100 likes this

I don't like how Mourinho has basically scapegoated Terry for our first-half performance on Sunday with that substitution. It seems José has officially Casillas'd JT and hung him out to dry.

I wouldn't go that far to be honest. Media reports state Terry responded positively to Mourinho's decision and it seems pretty likely that Terry is going to start next season, sure it was a shock to see something we've always theorised about but I wouldn't go as far as to say he's been hung out to dry.

Premature at least, it remains to be seen how the season unfolds.

BlueLion. likes this

To be fair, Terry isn't Lampard and think he's much more respectful to the club and manager. He is, after all, on a one-year contract and he knows that he isn't getting any younger with him being 35 years old this year.

Lampard did what he thought was the best for the club.... And he was right sacking AVB...... Lead us to a historic season in winning CL+FA.

That is no disrespect imo.

That's ridiculous imo.

The player should never have more power than the manager. Even if AVB was wrong, players have no right to show they think they know better. He did what was best for the club by sulking? Come on now.

It depends on how you look at it. If lamp sulked because of individual reasons and not what was best for the club then yes that is wrong. But if he went against AVB because he thought the club would be better off then there is nothing wrong with that imo. AVB was a train wreck, his sacking lead to the best possible result that season. So I have nothing against Lamp actions, I am greateful tbh.

Just imo.