The Conte Thread

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

I'm with @Tomo. We really shouldn't be signing for the sake of signing. We need big players in the back, and they're difficult to sign. 

I do agree with both you lads but you know whats going to happen IF we dont get the replacements.

We are going to get scored past in every game. Yes there will be some where we score more than we let in but clean sheets will be a rarity.

That is going to lead to the fans that love Conte right now screaming at him for not changing the defenders. Whether its his proble or not.

With no Europe again at end of year and no silverware Roman will be looking for another set of bollox to hang on his wall and we shall be looking for another manager.

Which is a shame cause I think this lad could do OK given the right materias.

Might be stretching it but you get the drift ;)

4 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I do agree with both you lads but you know whats going to happen IF we dont get the replacements.

We are going to get scored past in every game. Yes there will be some where we score more than we let in but clean sheets will be a rarity.

That is going to lead to the fans that love Conte right now screaming at him for not changing the defenders. Whether its his proble or not.

With no Europe again at end of year and no silverware Roman will be looking for another set of bollox to hang on his wall and we shall be looking for another manager.

The defense will have its problems but with better tactics and Kante protecting them no way will we concede 53 goals, my prediction would be early to mid 30s, which was our tally in the last two title wins.

That's preparing for the worst however, I don't believe we will start our first game after the international break with that back four.

7 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I'm with @Tomo. We really shouldn't be signing for the sake of signing. We need big players in the back, and they're difficult to sign. 

True. Zouma deserves a chance to return. Then we have Christensen returning next year.

If we sign one CB (Coulibaly) we could possibly be OK for now and reconsider things in January.

By January we could have a back 4 of Zouma, Coulibaly, Azpi + one.

6 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Remember when we signed costa and fabregas and even if we were conceding goals, we were attacking with a high line, scoring for fun and winning with good football. Then suddenly costa had some injury/suspension/form issues and the goals dried up. We started drawing games, losing some (5-3 to tottenham), the goals we were conceding became costly and mancity eventually caught up with us. Mourinho then tailored our tactics to accommodate for the loss of form for our attackers since the defence could not do without conceding. They needed protection, they needed the bus back so we gave it to the defence and lost our attacking play till this day. 

This season the defenders are slower, older, and still can't mark one on one's or play a high line without getting burned(since AVB). Everyone in the EPL has money to buy attacking players, so we will face more dangerous attacking teams than before and we will concede. If our goals scored cannot makeup for the goals conceded at the back, Conte will tailor our tactics to accommodate the flaw at the back. He said it himself, he tailors his tactics to how it best suits the team so I wouldn't be surprised to see any high pressing goalscoring tactics we have practiced this pre-season scrapped for a defensive 3-5-2 to accommodate the defence. 

Hopefully we get a fast, ballplaying defender good in one on one situations so that Conte won't have to tailor his attacking tactics to cope with the slowest back four among top teams in Europe. 

6 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Remember when we signed costa and fabregas and even if we were conceding goals, we were attacking with a high line, scoring for fun and winning with good football. Then suddenly costa had some injury/suspension/form issues and the goals dried up. We started drawing games, losing some (5-3 to tottenham), the goals we were conceding became costly and mancity eventually caught up with us. Mourinho then tailored our tactics to accommodate for the loss of form for our attackers since the defence could not do without conceding. They needed protection, they needed the bus back so we gave it to the defence and lost our attacking play till this day. 

This season the defenders are slower, older, and still can't mark one on one's or play a high line without getting burned(since AVB). Everyone in the EPL has money to buy attacking players, so we will face more dangerous attacking teams than before and we will concede. If our goals scored cannot makeup for the goals conceded at the back, Conte will tailor our tactics to accommodate the flaw at the back. He said it himself, he tailors his tactics to how it best suits the team so I wouldn't be surprised to see any high pressing goalscoring tactics we have practiced this pre-season scrapped for a defensive 3-5-2 to accommodate the defence. 

Hopefully we get a fast, ballplaying defender good in one on one situations so that Conte won't have to tailor his attacking tactics to cope with the slowest back four among top teams in Europe. 

Yep to all that.

Our whole forseeable future depends on us sorting out our defence.

The point I just am at a total loss to understand, no matter what angle I look at it, is WTF has it taken so long, under 3 very good managers, to sort out?

You know what I don't think he will be sack, he might just walk away like he did at Juventus after a season or so. 

Since our board are so incompetent in getting business done early or getting targets desired by the boss. 

I understand the pessimism seen the market,the most disappointed is surely Conte.But it is also true that Conte teams exalt themselves in difficulties you might have some surprises.It ain't over till its over.

Premier League starts in four days and still no improvement in defense. Sure there is another defender beside Koulibaly, also we need another full back. What is our board and Conte waiting? Tired of watching Cahill and Ivanovic getting schooled every single game, not promising at all.

We dont have a clue wats going on do we.

He said that after the team got home he would meet with the board to discuss everything.

Of course its not going fast enough for any of us. I'd want it done before the other season finished lol

But I would never imagine that Conte would be happy with the defence so hes going to be doing all he can to change things. (Well if hes not then he aint the guy I think he is)

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

We dont have a clue wats going on do we.

He said that after the team got home he would meet with the board to discuss everything.

Of course its not going fast enough for any of us. I'd want it done before the other season finished lol

But I would never imagine that Conte would be happy with the defence so hes going to be doing all he can to change things. (Well if hes not then he aint the guy I think he is)

conte left juventus because of missed targets on market..

society has to satisfy him for sure

16 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

conte left juventus because of missed targets on market..

society has to satisfy him for sure

True but he reached that decision after three years of broken promises by management and ownership.With Conte Juventus would never sell players like Vidal and Pogba.

16 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Yeah, just to avoid another bad season , no reason to spend money just for the sake of a reaction. Keep cool heads, Signing players is an important thing but Panic buys is never an answer.

11 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

nstead we'll make a panic buy in Lukaku and that'll be all she wrote. Poor Conte lol.

In your opinion. I think he would work out great.

11 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

I'm half expecting Moses to start lol!

I worry for this coming season a lot.

I'm only worried about our defence. Just need 3 of the lads changing and I wouldn't mind keeping JT/Cahill for the bemch.

And I'd be more than happy to start Moses if Eden wasn't around going by pre season - and last years pre season. (and I'd maybe start Square over Willian right now)

The front lines will sort themselves out it just needs the right lads starting in right formaion. But the majority I'd be happy to keep.