The Conte Thread

7 minutes ago, Styles said:

Even in some of the pre-season games, you can see Conte telling the team to push up but we've got Terry and Cahill dropping deeper and deeper. It's depressing.

Surely a coach as intelligent and tactically astute as Conte realized these problems the second he started studying film.

Yet no defenders have been signed with a week to go until the season starts.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Surely a coach as intelligent and tactically astute as Conte realized these problems the second he started studying film.

We can only hope that's the case and to be fair to him we seem have made bids for Coulibaly.

It's amazing how easily we signed Kante and Michy but we seem to be struggling to sign a player in arguably our biggest area of need heading into the window.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I know it must piss people off seeing this all the time because I find myself saying summet similar in every other post and it pisses me off typing it.

BUT FUCK ME!!!

anger_zps34629c5i.gif

Conte reveals he visited Tottenham before taking Chelsea job

http://www.footballinsider247.com/conte-reveals-he-visited-tottenham-before-taking-chelsea-job/

AND HE FUCKIN HATES TOTTENHAM!

1 hour ago, Blue Gino said:

Conte: "I call and he calls me often. I spoke with Carlo and he told me about #CFC very, very well. We spoke about people who work here"

Carlo said watch your back around Emenalo

Or you know, around Roman, who sounded like the real constant danger for him from all his quotes.

47 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

His waaaay too defensive for my taste. Another Mourinho imo 

We should be so lucky!

Show me a team that doesn't defend,and defend deep when required, and I'll show you a team.where the players pay subs and there's no running water in the changing room.

23 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

i really hope Conte does have an attacking philosophy too.

Have not really felt any game plan or new ideas moving forward as yet.

It all feels a little too random while going forward.

And yes, our defense is a joke. He needs to chop and change asap

2 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

His waaaay too defensive for my taste. Another Mourinho imo 

In 6 games we have scored 13 goals.

2 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

i really hope Conte does have an attacking philosophy too.

Have not really felt any game plan or new ideas moving forward as yet.

It all feels a little too random while going forward.

And yes, our defense is a joke. He needs to chop and change asap

He does. His Juventus teams' played consistently good football. Not just in odd spurts like Mourinho's team. You can tell that he coaches that into his players, unlike Jose.

Yeah, our defense is extremely bad. It goes without saying, if we don't do something there ASAP, we're fucked. Cahill and Ivanovic have no business being CFC players right now. 

We're scoring goals with his system, but what about the defence? Will this slow back four allow him to play the high line we saw in the first 20mins ?? Will they force him to make hazard defend and cover for their inability to defend one on one for themselves?? 

Very annoying the potential we could achieve but are held back

10 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

In 6 games we have scored 14 goals.

Have not doubted those statistics.

We have good forwards, and should be scoring well.

What i mean is that i can say,

Liverpool play high press

Utd will play counter attack

City will play possession

arsenal try their huff puff pass

I cant say with any clear direction what Conte's style is as yet.

" There were some bad situations to concede two goals which I didn’t like, we must improve a lot"

‘We are working very hard to be ready. It will be difficult. We know we have some problems but we are trying to solve them"

‘I saw positive things and many situations that we can improve. We are working on this

Antonio Conte had to sing in front of Chelsea squad on his birthday

Conte has revealed that, as with most clubs, he had to stand up and sing a song after arriving at the club and he did so during his birthday.

“I sang a Neopolitan song,” said Conte, via the Daily Mirror.

“It’s a good tradition and it’s fantastic for me, my staff and the new players to sing a song. It’s important to arrive at Chelsea and respect this tradition.

“I got a good reception, but I am the coach. They had to force it, no? But I was satisfied with my performance.”

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/antonio-conte-had-to-sing-in-front-of-chelsea-squad-on-his-birthday/742131#sGekLO7VU887KUec.99