test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

8,779 posts in this topic
15 minutes ago, Persona said:

His line about being a tailour and making a dress to fit the person was sheer brilliance. It's so fresh to see a coach so confident in their abilities that the players dictate the formation and system, not the other way around.

I just came here to say exactly this. 

I just loved that line, loved it. So eloquent. 

Back him to the hilt. If it doesn't work, fuck it. If it does, brilliant. 

It certainly can't get any worse than last season that's for sure.

He is the kick up the arse a lot of the players need.

Persona likes this

Man, this feels so good! He's so passionate and confident, yet not rude, sarcastic or arrogant, like others. I am not really sure if we will be able to win too many things next season, but I am sure that our perspectives look better now and that this man will make us proud again!

bluephoenix, kellzfresh and Styles like this

2 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Man, this feels so good! He's so passionate and confident, yet not rude, sarcastic or arrogant, like others. I am not really sure if we will be able to win too many things next season, but I am sure that our perspectives look better now and that this man will make us proud again!

He is so passionate and demanding winning mentality but he's humble too and shows respect to who deserves it. 

FabHazard and Cosmin like this

he seems to be one of the top coaches out there. Professional and tactically sound!

However, none of this matters one bit if he doesn't get the players.

This was Ancelotti's firt press conference back to 2009
I think Conte's English language yesterday was far better than Ancelotti in 2009 

Styles likes this

18 minutes ago, roba3y said:

I think Conte's English language yesterday was far better than Ancelotti in 2009 

If his english was our only problem in the world :P

9 hours ago, Persona said:

His line about being a tailour and making a dress to fit the person was sheer brilliance. It's so fresh to see a coach so confident in their abilities that the players dictate the formation and system, not the other way around.

Funny though, Mourinho used the same metaphor last year. 

13 hours ago, roba3y said:

Carlo 'we are in a good/bad moment' Ancelotti!

Peace. likes this

1 hour ago, Sivori said:

I am a Juve fan who has been here since we were drawn in the group stage together in 2013. Just want to say that you will absolutely fall in love with the way this guy works. His training sessions are famous for their intensity. Even a workhorse like Tevez had previously noted how he had never been worked so hard (in a good way) in his career. Conte will whip these players into shape and is not afraid to drop anyone, regardless of their transfer fee, if they don't pull their weight. He will have these guys out on the pitch fighting like soldiers under siege.

I really hope so mate cause thats just what we need. Some of our lads have got away with far too much for too long and now we need it to stop.

Now if we could just come to some sort of a deal for Cuadrado------->> Bonucci it would be a help.

Fulham Broadway likes this

I really hope so mate cause thats just what we need. Some of our lads have got away with far too much for too long and now we need it to stop.

Now if we could just come to some sort of a deal for Cuadrado------->> Bonucci it would be a help.

As long as the players buy into his methods and ideas, you guys will turn out great. I am sure he will develop a bond with them immediately as he is not only charismatic but as a former footballer he has played and won at the very highest level of the game, something the players can respect. Once he instills his spirit into the squad he will have these guys spit out blood for him.

I point to his work at both Juventus and the Azurri. At Juve as soon as he back, there was an immediate change in the mentality of the players. After having finished 7th twice in a row, fourth place was what most people in the club were aiming for. I remember he said something to the effect of "you have to honor the shirt, a club like Juventus should fight for the highest honors just as it was for me as a player", we won the scudetto and against a really good Milan side in his first year, made the Copa Italia finals as well. otherwise mediocre players such as Giacherinni, Estigaribia et al. performed at levels that they have not reached since. He also wasnt afraid to drop guys like Krasic, Elia who didn't fit the clear clear ideas he had. Same thing with the Azurri. Prior to the euros, this was a team that was dubbed one of the worst Italy sides of all time. Conte had them punching above their weight many times over after fostering a spirit of togetherness within the group. Could have the entire thing as well had they practiced Free kicks more

You have got a solid squad on paper with many players of undoubted quality who just massively underperformed last year. Im sure Conte will light a fire in these guys.

Maybe throw in Matic with Quadrado and Maritta may think about it :lol:. But in seriousness, I doubt Bonucci himself would leave even if we wanted to (which we dont :lol:) the guy is a Bandiera, a standard bearer, here.

With Conte, I will watch and cheer for you guys this year, going to be a hell of a ride.
Barbara, kellzfresh and Tomo like this