The Conte Thread

8 minutes ago, KevinAshburner said:

Do you guys think Conte will be Sacked in a few hours or in a few days time.

He'll ride it out now as it's too late to make any real difference. If he was going to be sacked during the season, it would/should have come after that Watford game.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Is there any point in the board not sacking Conte now? The main objective has gone out of the window. Why bother keeping a manager who has long thrown the towel? Just look at what he did against Spurs - went 3-1 down in the 66th minute and waited till the 81st minute before making the first sub. In fact, he made all 3 subs in the last 10 minutes. Does he think they are all Ronaldo or Messi?! And once again, he stuck with the back 3 till the bitter end. No change in formation or any sort of genuine Plan B. :doh: 

I think he will stay till the end of the season..We are still in FA cup.. 

Come to think of it, I do believe now that Costa was in the right regarding their conflict. I don't recall him having any attitude problem during Mourinho's and Hiddink's time, which leads me to believe that Costa never wanted to take sh*t from Conte's power tripping. Man do I miss him!!

I dont even know what we could do to improve over next 3 years. Everything from board, manager, first 11, backups, identity, reputation, playing style is decreasing at rapid rate, like a desease spreading from inside. We are only covering tiny bits every summer, instead of digging deep and remove rotten core.

Its not going to happen, removing the core. Doesnt matter if we replace manager, or get new sporting director, or buy two players,...the same old problems will errupt over and over. Board wont back managers infinitely and managers will not achive long term stability, leading to more inconsistency, ending with bad resluts, board sacking managers because they didnt give crap after not having support, and hiring new managers, ony to not back them up again, more inconsitency etc. Rinse and repeat.

1 minute ago, Irakozium257 said:

Come to think of it, I do believe now that Costa was in the right regarding their conflict. I don't recall him having any attitude problem during Mourinho's and Hiddink's time, which leads me to believe that Costa never wanted to take sh*t from Conte's power tripping. Man do I miss him!!

Hah yeah. Just wait for all people who blindly defended Conte in Costa situation change their mind once Conte gets sack.

It was extremely immature from Conte to tell Costa he can fuck off in summer, back then in january. Board was about to extend with Costa, but people believed the bullshit news reports aboout his desire to leave. It was probably just intern bust up with Conte, and the later simply didnt tolerate it, for whatever reason, probably just big ego. Just look how simple he left juve after several years in a second before start of season because of argument.

Its funny how people here absolutely ''know'' that press is only telling bullshit, but they blindly believed Costa to china rumours and backed Conte without any fact. I guess this story suited them back then. While Costa, helping us to two titles, got big finger in the ass by 90% of chelsea fans.

I still miss those Diego moments at Chelsea when he bullied whole opponent team and SB chanted Diegooo, Diegooo. Some people have short memories unfortunely.

10 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I dont even know what we could do to improve over next 3 years. Everything from board, manager, first 11, backups, identity, reputation, playing style is decreasing at rapid rate, like a desease spreading from inside. We are only covering tiny bits every summer, instead of digging deep and remove rotten core.

Its not going to happen, removing the core. Doesnt matter if we replace manager, or get new sporting director, or buy two players,...the same old problems will errupt over and over. Board wont back managers infinitely and managers will not achive long term stability, leading to more inconsistency, ending with bad resluts, board sacking managers because they didnt give crap after not having support, and hiring new managers, ony to not back them up again, more inconsitency etc. Rinse and repeat.

That's what happens when the owner of the club is always looking for a quick fix. Quick fix with the managers. 14 years now and still no football identity. We're a rudderless club and sadly Abramovich deserves quite a lot of the blame for the quick fix approach. 

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

Is there any point in the board not sacking Conte now? The main objective has gone out of the window. Why bother keeping a manager who has long thrown the towel? Just look at what he did against Spurs - went 3-1 down in the 66th minute and waited till the 81st minute before making the first sub. In fact, he made all 3 subs in the last 10 minutes. Does he think they are all Ronaldo or Messi?! And once again, he stuck with the back 3 till the bitter end. No change in formation or any sort of genuine Plan B. :doh: 

I agree. I have been an avid Conte supporter, but this just takes the cake. No fresh ideas, same stale tactics each game, and worst of all the thing you mentioned - not reacting AT ALL to in-game situations. Bringing on like-for-like players with 10 minutes to go and not changing formation, playing 5 defenders chasing goals in a must-win game, WHAT THE FUCK DOES HE EXPECT? Giroud's fresh legs to do a miracle??? The Einstein quote of madness being repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting different results... well, by that definition Conte is mad!

Seriously, I thought he was smarter than that, a more proactive hands-on leader. Either he isn't or he's sabotaging our season because he doesn't care anymore... either case he can just fuck off for all I care. Yeah the board fucked him over, it's been analysed to death here, but how Conte is acting like a child crying in his corner is not better. Wish Holland was still here, he could take the reigns until the end of the season methinks, at least he would abolish this horrid 3-4-3 formation or at least mix things up once in a while.

Just now, MrExcalibur100 said:

That's what heppens when the owner of the club is always looking for a quick fix. Quick fix with the managers. 14 years now and still no football identity. 

Tbh until 2009-2010, IMO we were quality and we had stability.

Forget the players we had, forget the managers. Look at quality we had on our board.

Peter fucking Kenyon. Men like him were reason why we became this good between 2003 and 2009.

We had money and we spent it brilliantly. Didi, Essien, Maka, Riccy, Iva, Cole,...we hired proper coach.

Then it all went to shit. First Arnsen, then Emenalo and Marina. She can fuck off, she doesnt have single clue how to lead a fucking football club.

We are on decrease since 2010...Oh and look when Kenyon left. Coincidence? I dont think so.

9 minutes ago, manpe said:

I agree. I have been an avid Conte supporter, but this just takes the cake. No fresh ideas, same stale tactics each game, and worst of all the thing you mentioned - not reacting AT ALL to in-game situations. Bringing on like-for-like players with 10 minutes to go and not changing formation, playing 5 defenders chasing goals in a must-win game, WHAT THE FUCK DOES HE EXPECT? Giroud's fresh legs to do a miracle??? The Einstein quote of madness being repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting different results... well, by that definition Conte is mad!

Seriously, I thought he was smarter than that, a more proactive hands-on leader. Either he isn't or he's sabotaging our season because he doesn't care anymore... either case he can just fuck off for all I care. Yeah the board fucked him over, it's been analysed to death here, but how Conte is acting like a child crying in his corner is not better. Wish Holland was still here, he could take the reigns until the end of the season methinks, at least he would abolish this horrid 3-4-3 formation or at least mix things up once in a while.

Yeah its pretty obvious something went sour between Conte and board along the season. Then Conte just decided to fuck us over, because he cant get over it, like he didnt with Costa.

I genuinely became a fan of 3 men defence last season, but Conte did everything this season to absolutely make me hate it again.

Cant wait for the day we ditch it and bring 4:3:3 back.

We were 2nd in january and actualy had ok season IMO. 2018 however is disaster.

1 minute ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I believe him. Conte is obviously taking the piss with his squad selection at the moment... making some kind of point to the board. Make no mistake about it though, he has definitely got the best out of the players at his disposal. Just look at what he acheived in his first season with this utterly shit squad. 

Problems run deeper than our manager..When you finish 1st ,10th ,1st and 5th..You have to question the mentality of the squad....How can they be so inconsistent?...Conte's tactics does not excuse them performing for our badge and  the shirt....We need a complete overhaul in terms of style, identity , quality and the mentality

9 minutes ago, DDA said:

I believe him. Conte is obviously taking the piss with his squad selection at the moment... making some kind of point to the board. Make no mistake about it though, he has definitely got the best out of the players at his disposal. Just look at what he acheived in his first season with this utterly shit squad. 

He achieved it because we had no fixtures and other teams were worse. This season the competition has got better and he's all outta ideas. To top it off he lambastes Costa in January last year, then totally destroying the relationship beyond repair before pre-season. He hasn't changed formation which hasn't worked this season and got found out. It was the same at Juventus, stubbornness and lack of competition in the league helped him a lot. The players and board can no longer be his point of blame. 

He's probably sick of being at Chelsea, and rightly so. Totally uninterested in the team for a few months I reckon.
Nice to see people catching up on what kind of a player Hazard really is, Courtois too. Sell them and build something new.
Also, it's so embarrassing to have only one midfielder at this club.