The Conte Thread

On 19/03/2018 at 0:12 PM, Fernando said:

Back to Conte. 

To me is absurd he is leaving when you have managers like Mourinho continue at their club. 

Really the club to me is absurd. 

They cannot continue to act like before because we are no longer supporting the manager like we should. 

If we had bought top class target and the manager under performed I would have understand. 

But we just keep buying crap. 

You can't have a high standard anymore when you do this. 

Mate, why do you keep saying the same bullshit over and over? This season Conte is doing a poor job with the current squad. The squad is not good enough to beat Barcelona or win the PL? I completely agree, but this squad should not be sitting in 5th at the moment with few to no hope of ending in the top 4. Period.

You are being dishonest, because you are acting like Conte's job is under threat because the board wanted to win PL and UCL with the current squad and thats not the case. Not to mention Conte is a mediocre and moaning manager. He is a Jose Mourinho without the rich CV the Portuguese has. 

13 hours ago, Henrique said:

Mate, why do you keep saying the same bullshit over and over? This season Conte is doing a poor job with the current squad. The squad is not good enough to beat Barcelona or win the PL? I completely agree, but this squad should not be sitting in 5th at the moment with few to no hope of ending in the top 4. Period.

You are being dishonest, because you are acting like Conte's job is under threat because the board wanted to win PL and UCL with the current squad and thats not the case. Not to mention Conte is a mediocre and moaning manager. He is a Jose Mourinho without the rich CV the Portuguese has. 

my frustration with Conte...with the current squad...we should be sitting pretty comfortable in 3rd place even having a short at 1st position..yet conte keeps moaning and moaning  and moaning as if the board or the fans want him to win d UCL or EPL... Playing d piss poor 343 due to lack of quality wingbacks and rubbish false 9 which cannot even defeat poor Bournemouth and piss poor Watford...i can go on and on how conte destroyed d whole season himself while ignorant folks will keep blaming d board.... 

my frustration with Conte...with the current squad...we should be sitting pretty comfortable in 3rd place even having a short at 1st position..yet conte keeps moaning and moaning  and moaning as if the board or the fans want him to win d UCL or EPL... Playing d piss poor 343 due to lack of quality wingbacks and rubbish false 9 which cannot even defeat poor Bournemouth and piss poor Watford...i can go on and on how conte destroyed d whole season himself while ignorant folks will keep blaming d board.... 
From where did you come to the conclusion that we should have a shot at 1st without midfield?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, eemanyooel said:

Why should we be sitting pretty in 3rd place? compared to other top teams our squad is lacking.

What did the board expect, dump the shit they did on Conte and expect him to win what?

And i'm one of many of the "ignorant folk" think the problems start at the very top, but Abramovich and his band of yes men and woman are never going to blame themselves, they need a scapegoat.

If they had bought or at least tried to buy quality, then our season would have been better, but those of us who see what we've ended up with knew we were going to struggle this season, "thanks to the board"

Conte's main problem here was making it public criticising the board.

3 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Why should we be sitting pretty in 3rd place? compared to other top teams our squad is lacking.

What did the board expect, dump the shit they did on Conte and expect him to win what?

And i'm one of many of the "ignorant folk" think the problems start at the very top, but Abramovich and his band of yes men and woman are never going to blame themselves, they need a scapegoat.

If they had bought or at least tried to buy quality, then our season would have been better, but those of us who see what we've ended up with knew we were going to struggle this season, "thanks to the board"

Conte's main problem here was making it public criticising the board.

Going by Conte's money logic we should be 3rd.

And you think Conte has no say in transfers? The shift pattern to the type of players weve gone for under him strongly suggest otherwise.

PSG hold talks with Antonio Conte’s representatives over summer move

Conte, meanwhile, has showed at Chelsea that he is capable of creating a team that can overcome the odds and win titles. Chelsea won the league in his first season at Stamford Bridge and although his second campaign has not been as successful there is recognition in Paris that he was not backed in the summer transfer window and that the squad has lacked the required depth and quality to compete in Europe and domestically.

The Italian’s relationship with the board has deteriorated this season with Conte complaining that he has not been able to sign the players he wanted. Chelsea are currently fifth, five points behind Tottenham, who they play next in the league.

The lack of investment in the Chelsea squad has never been far from Conte’s thoughts and before the recent game against Manchester City he said: “When you have a good manager and a lot of money to spend, probably you can have a successful season.

“I have great ambition but I don’t have money for Chelsea. The club knows very well what is my idea, what is my ambition. That is very clear. When you decide to work with this type of coach, you must understand that you take a coach with great ambition. Not a loser but a winner. And that ambition must always be shared.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/24/psg-hold-talks-antonio-conte-manager-chelsea

23 hours ago, Tomo said:

And you think Conte has no say in transfers? The shift pattern to the type of players weve gone for under him strongly suggest otherwise.

Problem is its not just him who has said it. Jose commented on it before. Probably has some sort of say but can't see having the final say.. Which is the problem if we find someone who wants control that ain't gana happen 

1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

Problem is its not just him who has said it. Jose commented on it before. Probably has some sort of say but can't see having the final say.. Which is the problem if we find someone who wants control that ain't gana happen 

I would imagine we have some sort of transfer comitee. Two clubs currently above us run a similar model and even tighter finances.

On 3/25/2018 at 3:05 PM, Tomo said:

There should be no doubt regarding that...the players we've gone for are mainly to strengthen our '5 at the back' formations. He might have got his 2nd or 3rd choice picks for the positions, but they are definitely his picks.

On 3/24/2018 at 7:49 PM, Henrique said:

I think the squad is exactly where it supposed to be. 

Ever since Mourinho came back we keep deterioting our squad. We have a stupid rule of selling to fund players. And those that we buy tend to be horrible. 

Look at City and Unitet. They stack up their players. They don't sell them to buy new players. 

Sell Costa for Morata. Downgrade. Sell Matic for Bakayoko. Downgrade. Sell Chalobah for Drinkwater. Downgrade. 

The club is really turning very mediocre like that of Liverpool of years ago....amazingly it's Liverpool who are now spending big and better then us. 

Is there any point in the board not sacking Conte now? The main objective has gone out of the window. Why bother keeping a manager who has long thrown the towel? Just look at what he did against Spurs - went 3-1 down in the 66th minute and waited till the 81st minute before making the first sub. In fact, he made all 3 subs in the last 10 minutes. Does he think they are all Ronaldo or Messi?! And once again, he stuck with the back 3 till the bitter end. No change in formation or any sort of genuine Plan B. :doh: