test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

8,652 posts in this topic
On ‎26‎-‎09‎-‎2019 at 4:41 PM, !Hazard! said:

I really do like Conte but I think his judgement on signings has been somewhat questionable at every club he has been. I mean, surely he can think of better players to sign than Lukaku and 2019 Alexis Sanchez?

Sanchez I get but Lukaku will be good for them. They lost Icardi, Lukaku had a torrid time at utd and wanted to leave. I can totally see why he went for him, he will be good for Inter and under Conte. I for one hope COnte rips JUve a new one.

manpe and Johnnyeye like this

Arguably the title decider already. Inter wouldn't blow a 5 point lead
What? It's wayyyyy too early for that. If they get a couple injuries, go on a bad run of form, etc, 5 points can be gotten back in as little as 2 games... Now 5 points near the end of the season is totally different. But we haven't seen enough of this inter team yet to make that claim.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Think its too early to say that about Inter after 5 games.

But if Inter are still top come gameweek 20 by 5 points or more they will win the league. Conte is very good at making teams hard to beat (except one year here) so if they can get to then and be 5 or 6 points clear and they continue to be hard to beat and concede at the same rate they are now, he will have done an outstanding job. Theres no doubting his managerial ability. It went sour here in the last 6 of 7 months yes but some of our players were also shocking in terms of performances and sometimes attitude (Bakayoko, Morata, Willian, Pedro, Moses, Alonso, Luiz, Courtois, Hazard sometimes looked very poor too) as well as Contes tactical stubbornness.

Juventus are still the favourites to win the league purely because they have Ronaldo as well as very experienced top players who are used to winning titles in their ranks. Sarri may not be a serial winner but him and that group, they can bridge the gap with their know how to win important games. 

What? It's wayyyyy too early for that. If they get a couple injuries, go on a bad run of form, etc, 5 points can be gotten back in as little as 2 games... Now 5 points near the end of the season is totally different. But we haven't seen enough of this inter team yet to make that claim.

Injuries work both ways. I just don't see Inter dropping 5 points SHOULD they beat Juve (H2H is the decider btw) this week due to the nature of those around them.

Injuries work both ways. I just don't see Inter dropping 5 points SHOULD they beat Juve (H2H is the decider btw) this week due to the nature of those around them. 
Yeah that's what I'm saying. Injuries could help them if some juve players get injured but it could seriously harm their chances. You can't say. If inter win this week. Juve could easily win the rematch, which leaves one tie away from them being tied on points.

It's crazy to say that this game will decide the title... we're less than 10 games in, come on. Will it influence the title? Clearly.

European progression could also affect Inter and Juve in the run-in. IF Inter were to get KOed in the CL group stage, then I think Conte will throw all the eggs into the Serie A basket. 

Yeah that's what I'm saying. Injuries could help them if some juve players get injured but it could seriously harm their chances. You can't say. If inter win this week. Juve could easily win the rematch, which leaves one tie away from them being tied on points.

It's crazy to say that this game will decide the title... we're less than 10 games in, come on. Will it influence the title? Clearly.

Arguably - it may be argued (used to qualify the statement of an opinion or belief).

I never said it would be job done.

European progression could also affect Inter and Juve in the run-in. IF Inter were to get KOed in the CL group stage, then I think Conte will throw all the eggs into the Serie A basket. 

Inter will be in Europe one way or another come February, so I doubt that will have a massive bearing. They wouldn't have much of a luxury by going into EL due to their squad size either.

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Inter will be in Europe one way or another come February, so I doubt that will have a massive bearing. They wouldn't have much of a luxury by going into EL due to their squad size either.

If Inter go into the Europa League, pretty sure Conte will bin that to win the Serie A. 

If Inter go into the Europa League, pretty sure Conte will bin that to win the Serie A. 
Most clubs outside of England don't throw in the towel, as it were.

Success is success at the end of the day.

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Most clubs outside of England don't throw in the towel, as it were.

Success is success at the end of the day.

But Serie A is the bigger prize for them. It's been so long since they last won it and they would love to end Juve's streak. 

But Serie A is the bigger prize for them. It's been so long since they last won it and they would love to end Juve's streak. 
I think everyone in Italy would love to see Juve's domination ended tbh. It's worse than Bayern at this point.

image.png.a68074203a4d4e366f9f9aa413778662.png

Former Juventus winger Emanuele Giaccherini gave an insight into Antonio Conte’s training methods and why he believes they can transform Inter. “He bleeds you dry.”

“When I read Conte was coming to Inter, I thought they’ve found the right person to take them back to the top.

"Conte is a winner who lifted trophies both in Italy and abroad. He can bring a winning mentality to those who haven’t found it yet.

“I can testify with confidence that Conte’s training sessions are shocking. I experienced them both at Juve and on international duty, especially when preparing for the Euros, and I can assure you in the afternoon I just wanted to collapse on to a couch and watch TV.

“Conte bleeds you dry, because it’s the work on the training ground that he builds his success on. His watchwords are culture of hard work, sacrifice, hunger and fighting spirit.

“Juve remain the favourites for the Scudetto and Inter might not manage to bridge the gap straight away, but they will be one of the favourites with Conte in charge.”

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Apparently he's just gone off on one regarding the Inter management publicly :lol:

Usually he waits until he's had the success before he starts this bullshit.

Not the first time he's done that this season either...

Henrique and Tomo like this

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

Tbf when you read the actual article the quotes about lack of winners, Barella and Sensi dont seem as bad as they do in that tweet. He is making excuses at Inter already which is a shame because he has made huge progress with them in a short space of time but perhaps they have reached a limit as to what he stated in another interview. I reckon they, like us, maybe need 2 or 3 players with more experience and higher ability in certain positions to push them on.  He is just being a realist although in a very blunt way.

Fernando likes this

9 hours ago, Tomo said:

Apparently he's just gone off on one regarding the Inter management publicly :lol:

Usually he waits until he's had the success before he starts this bullshit.

Tell him we will take Skriniar off his hands.

:D

Tomo likes this

4 hours ago, Jason said:

But what kind of message does Conte send to his players when he says things like that (e.g. We got players from Sassuolo & Cagliari)? Imagine Lampard making similar excuses by saying we got young players, this team lack true winners etc! Inter spent a lot this past summer and brought in a lot of players, all this under FFP. Conte knew what he was getting into in the first place and it wasn't like he didn't get his players. 

I can't help but wonder just how much he was at fault for what happened to Morata, Bakayoko and Christensen that season.

While I'm in no way absolving all three from blame I have to wonder, when three players start the season well but end it scared of their own shadow you surely have to look at the manager? One you could say it's them, even two at a push, but three?

Also on another note what Lampard is doing with all our injuries makes the ridiculous excuses he's currently making at not only Inter but his abysmal job (FA Cup aside) in his last six months even weaker than they already were.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

But what kind of message does Conte send to his players when he says things like that (e.g. We got players from Sassuolo & Cagliari)? Imagine Lampard making similar excuses by saying we got young players, this team lack true winners etc! Inter spent a lot this past summer and brought in a lot of players, all this under FFP. Conte knew what he was getting into in the first place and it wasn't like he didn't get his players. 

Well it seems this is the problem of Conte. Does not have the intelligence to communicate. 

Lampard is doing brilliant in this. 

12 hours ago, Jason said:

Fucking moron. I could (anyone could) build a CL winning team with players who came from shitty little clubs!

If Inter grabs Sandro Tonali, will Conte whinge on because he came from Brescia??? Idiot!